Multiplayer question

Hi,

The other day, i ran the Dediacated Server for GTR 2 to Host (Internet) and i got an error message about CD missing, but after closing the dialog, the program continued to start the server. In game i then entered the IP for my server, and game showed up in serverlist. Also joining seemed to work. Before i go any further to try things, can anyone confirm that i will be able also to set this up so that i can race with my son which is on a external IP? Is there any spesific port setup i need to do to get this working? Or if there is detailed way to set this up, i would really apprciate any help to make it work. It's the Steam version of GTR 2, and its just overwritten manually with all files from the anniversary patch to update

EDIT:
I just found the file GTR2_Server_Hosting.txt, and will be looking through it to learn. But if anyone wants to do some casual, clean as possible, enjoyable small group racing, it could be fun. I also have most other sim titles up through all the years to try if suits

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years