F1 2012 Multiplayer Ports

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
All of a sudden I can't join MP games anymore. As far as I know the following ports should be forwarded to my IP.

TCP/UDP 3478
TCP/UDP 4379
TCP/UDP 4380
TCP/UDP 3074

So technically the port forwarding option in my router should be all I need. However, it doesn't work at all. I even tried putting my machine into the DMZ in case it's the firewall, to no avail. Any ideas? :(

No change...man, this is so annyoing. I think everything is set right, I can hardly open any more ports.

EDIT: I can understand that to play MP it must be linked to your steam account for DRM purposes (which you have done), but not racenet, that doesn't sound right does it?

Sure does but I could see my career progress before (it's now wiped because I relinked the account), so they were linked correctly I believe.

This is crazy .... I am running out of ideas

Especially when the DMZ should have fixed everything anyway, just for test purposes

I'm currently copying (~30 minutes left) the game dir to my laptop and check if it's working on there. The only thing that's out of the ordinary is that F1 2012 is physically located on my SSD and Steam is on my HDD, so the directy is linked through a junction. I've specifically opened all ports in the Windows Firewall for all programs instead of a specific location, tho.

I am same as you Tom. Steam and most of it's games are on a dedicated hard drive partition. However F1 2012, BF3, and a few other games are on a dedicated gaming SSD and moved there using symbolic links.

I know the Windows firewall is much improved over time, but I still won't touch it with a barge pole, it's for emergencies only ........ and I ahve never had one :)

Personally I use Vipre. (Firewall & Virus checker))

I do turn off my firewall and anti-virus when playing games, even though they do work with it on. I just don't want the chance of any problems associated with active protection or file scanning when running a game. I just rely on the router's NAT

I am stuck.

I am in the lucky position of being able to connect another router to eliminate it totally from the equation. I am not saying that it is the router, just that if you have the same problem with different one, then it points to your PC

Any success on the laptop?

If you get the same problem on your laptop, that might point to your router.

.... a nice circular argument eh? router/pc/router/pc ;)

(off to dinner now, be back later)

Any success on the laptop?

If you get the same problem on your laptop, that might point to your router.

.... a nice circular argument eh? router/pc/router/pc ;)

Still copying. :)

Then again, eliminating either the computer or the router as source of the problem is a step into the right direction. :)

Edit: ok, doesn't work on the laptop either.

So that points back to the router then .....

It may seem impractical to you, depending on how complicated your network is, but routers do have a factory reset function.

Also has it got the latest firmware?.

You can usually save all your settings to a .xml file or similar, so you can get all your settings back if nothing helps after a reset and/or firmware update

So that points back to the router then .....

It may seem impractical to you, depending on how complicated your network is, but routers do have a factory reset function.

Also has it got the latest firmware?.

You can usually save all your settings to a .xml file or similar, so you can get all your settings back if nothing helps after a reset and/or firmware update

Latest firmware is installed indeed - I back the router up from time to time, so that's not the problem. I'm just not sure if having less ports open will solve the issue after all. I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning. :)

Right, so GNU and I had a private convo going on as well and the solution as simple but weird: I had to disable the router firewall completely. Which I did before when I placed my computer in the DMZ, turning it off for my particular IP.

Let's just say I'm more than unhappy with how D-LINK apparently doesn't know what a DMZ is but...well, it's working. :)

Hi all, same issue also after patch 10.
Coop session, lobby ok, just in to the garage...LOST SESSION, immediately.
We are in LAN with internet access.

Previously we had played without any problem.

Bye

SOLVED!!:D
I tried everything without success.

For damage setting, I had changed file loose_part_setting in F1 2012 folder in order to increase damages (mod downloaded). Removing this mod now allows me to join every race and co-op session.

Seems that in F1 2012 there is an anti-cheat controll.

But this mod isn't a cheat! :mad:

I hope that will help all of you, check your mods!

SOLVED!!:D
I tried everything without success.

For damage setting, I had changed file loose_part_setting in F1 2012 folder in order to increase damages (mod downloaded). Removing this mod now allows me to join every race and co-op session.

Seems that in F1 2012 there is an anti-cheat controll.

But this mod isn't a cheat! :mad:

I hope that will help all of you, check your mods!

Well, of course it is. You could theoretically disable damage even tho it's enabled by the host.

Kids these days, pure clients ftw! Cosmetical mods only! :)

I have had exactly the same issue since day 1 of installing the game. I could see not ONE single other player online.

The only thing that fixed it for me (told to me by another online player) is to close steam & delete the following 2 files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
AppUpdateStats.blob
ClientRegistry.blob

Then restart steam & it will automatically update & download the files again.

After I did that I could see dozens of players & sessions.

Make a backup of those files before deleting, just in case that doesn't work

Hope that helps ...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%