Multiplayer mode feedback

I think we need a thread for multiplayer-related feedback, so I'm starting one.

I played two races yesterday. Once the races started i experienced a lot of stutters, lag and players spazzing across the track. Quali and practice was fine.

Yes, I'm on WiFi and my int connection can be unstable, bur i never experience these abnormalities to such an extent in GSCEx, which I've played the most lately and had no such issues.

For me the multiplayer has been excellent, rock solid connection(broadband), had one of the cleanest races last night at Monza in the GT3 class.
I just think there needs to be a chat lobby in the multiplayer screen, also takes a few minutes for the race results to come up, be nice to check lap times etc...although I know it still is early and bound to get better over time. Also had some great races on the free track & cars, fast & frantic :thumbsup:

Great to here. Yeah, it's exciting when it works. :thumbsup:
Just had another race and it ranged from solid performance to laggy and stuttery moments. A bump/crash even happened, although i wasn't even touching the guy and he spun out. A clear 'netcode'/lag/connection issue. Must be something about my int that R3E code/tech doesn't handle as well or it requires more solid connection(due to more data exchanged ?) or smth... Too bad, because like i said, no such issues with GSC. Ah well, what can you do...

For me the MP experience has been impressive, very solid opponent cars, i have seen a couple of cars doing the iRacing style of blinking on and off but i would probably put the blame for that at their end.
As for opponent behavior in MP?, sadly its same old same old business as usual coming in like a wrecking ball T1-T2-T3 etc. etc. until you work your way in to the top 6'ish area then i have been able to find some decent racing going on.
The real awesome and groundbreaking feature for me is the way spun or facing the wrong way cars get ghosted to prevent excessive deliberate MP carnage.

So far I'm having a blast in multiplayer, and a majority of the drivers have been very clean and gentlemanly. For some reason, I'm not surprised :)

The things I'd like to see happen functionality-wise are the ability to sort the lobbies by mode/car class/etc, and eventually the option to create our own rooms. Sure those things are in the pipleline, tho.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%