Multiplayer Mode. Car feels down on power?

Hi,

This could simply be a setup issue and I need to turn my detail settings down but when I do races in multiplayer online the car feels like it's lost 100hp. The car is simply very slow.

The screen jumps a little (if all hell breaks lose on the track) but otherwise it is smooth.

For example on raceroom raceway I'm just about into 5th gear before I reach the first chicane, even though I'm flat out from the hairpin.

It's not a superfast PC, but it's biggest weakness is memory, it has about 2GB at the moment otherwise the specs are fine.

Also Guernsey unfortunately lags behind the rest of Europe when it comes to broadband speeds, our fastest data package is still about half as fast as the UK.

In single player mode I can turn everything up to maximum no problems.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Hi Andi,

It's the Aquila CR1, but that's the only one I've raced online so far (only done a couple of races). They were the Amateur Spec races. Like I mentioned, single player is fine, it's like the car has no acceleration (couldn't break the 1m 34s). Went back to a single player practice straight afterwards (in case it was just the wheel needed calibrating) and I'm straight back into the 1m 26s again. In multiplayer it's just like the brakes are on! haha :)

I thought for a moment that it was the Amateur traction assist but it wouldn't slow me down that much would it? Not being able to get into 6th gear? Out of the tunnel for example I'm into 6th in single player but only touching 4th in multiplayer.

I am going to try with lower graphics settings to see if it makes any difference, worth a try.

Maybe it's just penalising me and I have to start with a 1.8l first...

Last edited:
oh!!!!! I can only confirm that, Aquila is really something strange happens in online, after several laps, especially it feels in get real mode. Power lost by some bhp and also cornering ability fall off.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%