F1 2012 Multiplayer Lobby Empty?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Is anyone having problems at the moment with the lobby for custom GP's?

When ever i go to there i get a message saying lobby is empty, i was in a race on Hockenhiemring and after the race i left and thats when i got the message lobby is empty. Before the race finished people was joining the session and leaving, hell before i joined that race there was over 10 sessions up, now not a single one. I have restarted F1 2012, steam, my computer and still the lobby is empty.:confused:

Update:
Seems this is not just me having this problem.

http://community.codemasters.com/t5...n/No-sessions-in-multiplayer-lobby/td-p/75816

Solved see bellow.

Ok seems there are 2 places the game stores the save data.

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\FLT\Steam\208500\remote
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\66325827\208500\remote

The first one is just a cache or backup system for the save games (you can use these saves for backing up your progress etc if you wish). The second link is for the actual location for the savegame directory, if you place your profile you backed up in there, you revert back to that profile. To be on the safe side though, i do recommend that you delete all save game files from "C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\FLT\Steam\208500\remote" first to avoid any possible problems with conflicting profiles etc (better to be safe than sorry).

Hope this helps some people out.

Nope. I haven't been able to find a single online session since the game came out. Last year I could find a session pretty much all the time.

I even went to check on the sales figures to see if maybe it had bombed, but apparently it's doing well enough (2nd in the UK).

No i never had any problems in F1 2011 either,. The lobby alway's had at least 3 or 4 games running when ever i was online, but 2012 and they are gone. However i just started a new profile to see if that was the problem, and it is my profile. Figuring that it could be nothing i loaded my old profile and again no games in the lobby, load the new one and there are games in the lobby.

Luckily i have been backing my profile up after finishing for the night, so i have a few backups to run through. If none of them work then i will have to take note of my setups and then transfer them over by going to the track and putting them in and then saving the setup. A pain, setups should have been saved seperatly so any problems with a profile doesn't mean a complete restart. At least you could backup your setups and if they got currupt you could carry on with your career without it effecting your game, just means you either use a backup or you have to do your setups all over again. Thats better than starting over completely though for career and setups. Maybe the patch they are working on will resolve these issue's.:)

Ok seems there are 2 places the game stores the save data.

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\FLT\Steam\208500\remote
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\66325827\208500\remote

The first one is just a cache or backup system for the save games (you can use these saves for backing up your progress etc if you wish). The second link is for the actual location for the savegame directory, if you place your profile you backed up in there, you revert back to that profile. To be on the safe side though, i do recommend that you delete all save game files from "C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\FLT\Steam\208500\remote" first to avoid any possible problems with conflicting profiles etc (better to be safe than sorry).

Hope this helps some people out.

I had this problem from day 1 & I am UK based.

I found a solution & can now see all players & sessions. I don't know if it's a combination of what I did or each step on its own but I did the following & have been able to play online for a couple of weeks now:

Step 1 - opened ports in my router:
UDP 4380
UDP 27000 > 27015
TCP 27015

Step 2 - delete files:

Close steam

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

and delete the following files:

AppUpdateStats.blob
ClientRegistry.blob

Restart steam & allow it to synch / verify game files, it will download these files again.

You should then be able to see all players sessions - worked for me anyway

BACKUP your original files just in case though ...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 292 13.4%