Multiplayer issues with P2P communication

I'm not 100% sure, but i assume that P2P stands for Player-To-Player connection. Correct me if i'm wrong. You can see right after the name tag in multiplayer, if P2P is used.

So here's my problem: Everytime i race with a friend, his car starts flickering and blinking on the track when P2P comes into play. The car disappears for a few seconds and then it appears again for a short moment. It's like a really big lag.

It seems that P2P will only be used with more than 2 cars and when they are quite close together. When i follow my friend on the track and no other drivers are involved, it all runs very smooth and free of lags. His ping is about 60.
But once other drivers get in range, it seems that this P2P feature tries to make a connection and fails. The ping goes up to 300-400 and the lag is there.

FYI ..... he can play Race07 or rF2 completely lagfree. I was thinking it has something to do with his firewall, but even deactivating the firewall gave no improvement. BTW .... he is using Comodo Internet Security.

Could someone give a hint, what goes wrong here? Is something known about this problem? Are there any ports which should be opened for R3E, even as a client?

Thanks in advance
Frank (a.k.a. Ernie)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back