PC1 Multiplayer Bug: Unhandled Exception Trapped

Well I started with Project Cars and thought the graphics weren't looking too great, lots of jaggy bits, so tried to change some settings from MSAA, anti-aliasing bits and now all I get is a black screen and an "Unhandled exception trapped" dialogue box popping up. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x40e32d36. Reading from address 0x00000000. Thread 0x00001bc0 Build SMSARI.20150503.0999.BLDA000.
I deleted the local file reinstalled and restarted PC but still the same.

Running an Intel i5-4690k @3.5, 8 GB Ram, GTX 970 on triple screens @5760 x 1080.

Any ideas how to get this back running? I'm not great with PC's so nice and simple would be appreciated

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-7_12-15-32.png
    upload_2015-5-7_12-15-32.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,198
I only have a single screen, the op has triples though. For me the game is almost unplayable now. Launcher crashing to desktop every minute. If I get on track everything's fine. Win 8.1 64bit, latest drivers, updates etc installed.

@Coco B does this happen when you are driving too? Or just on the launcher?

I only have a single screen, the op has triples though. For me the game is almost unplayable now. Launcher crashing to desktop every minute. If I get on track everything's fine. Win 8.1 64bit, latest drivers, updates etc installed.

@Coco B does this happen when you are driving too? Or just on the launcher?

Wat me help and a lot of different players on pc,is remove Logitech profiler and it works!
Hope it does for you to @Akis

I managed to update the nvidia driver then lowered resolution down in the nvidia control panel. Managed to get it to run then used the recommended settings in nvidia experience, upped them again one step at a time until it looked acceptable, seems stable for now, after an hour or so.

I tried uninstalling logitech profiler but it didn't change anything. the game crashes on the menu or in game after a random amount of time (usually between 10 seconds and 3 minutes after the game launched) even if I leave the steering wheel not plugged in. I verified the game cache through steam, I have the latest drivers etc.

i5-3570k
8gb corsair ddr3 1866mhz
gtx 660 oc
logitech g27

***HERE'S THE FIX***

Go to Documents > Project Cars > graphicsconfigdx11.xml

open the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file and scroll down to <prop name="AntiAlias" antialias="?" />

The "?" will have a number coinciding with your latest selection that most likely made the sim crash.

Change this character to a "1". This will reset the selection back to a lower AA and should allow you to start the sim.

I tried uninstalling logitech profiler but it didn't change anything. the game crashes on the menu or in game after a random amount of time (usually between 10 seconds and 3 minutes after the game launched) even if I leave the steering wheel not plugged in. I verified the game cache through steam, I have the latest drivers etc.

i5-3570k
8gb corsair ddr3 1866mhz
gtx 660 oc
logitech g27

i have the same problem. it crashes on the menu after some time.

That didn't went well tonight. We were racing in the club with 30 DTM cars with various issues that we haven't seen during previous days/events
  • Some drivers were 100% invisible during the practice and qualification but showed up for other drivers
  • Overall difficulties in joining the multiplayer session
  • Rooms not showing up in the lobby at all (Restart of Steam required)
  • When moving from Qualification to Race a handful of drivers including myself weren't syncing at all and were left with a black screen. Meanwhile hearing the drivers on teamspeak the session started with several cars parked on the starting grid (that must be us :D) causing a big pile up.
  • My black screen eventually resulted in a dump to desktop with the follow error message.
Buggy.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years