AC Multiclass WEC @ Vallelunga - Saturday 20 May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
1 driver makes a mistake and takes out half the field
This isn't a reason to restart the race? it quite clearly is...

Great race guys, congratulations to class winners and all the other driver to manage to end this race, though I'm a bit disappointed for the 1st lap crash.
Next week event is up, get ready to speed along the Mistral straight, because we're going to race in the Paul Ricard track.

@Otune next time please accelerate when you hear "green, green, green". I was literally next to you until we reached the big accident, i had to slow down going into the fast s and we even made contact for no reason. If i am wrong tell me ;)

The Toyota is not so easy to drive like the Porsche. You really have to take your time and practice with it. I wasnt able to properly set the car up so that it will brake properly without blocking my tyres after the high speed parts of Vallelunga. It got really worse after nearly 30 minutes with Soft tyres and feared Marcel would quickly catch up to me. Survived 2 laps with a barely controllable car and went to pit for mediums. Schould have pitted in Minute 35-40 for mediums, that was quite risky. But temperature problems didnt occur with the softs. Well sometime the left rear tyre got a little bit hot but it was still good and drivable. In the end P5 and barely over 1 second (i think) to the topdriver in qualifying. Good Event for me tonight. Thanks for that and see you next time :)

Edit:
Before i forget there was way too much talking in Teamspeak while in qualifying and in the race. Especially in the startphase the drivers need to focus to avoid what had happend before Turn 3. Hopefully next time it will be quiter in TS.

@Otune next time please accelerate when you hear "green, green, green". I was literally next to you until we reached the big accident, i had to slow down going into the fast s and we even made contact for no reason. If i am wrong tell me ;)
The P1 car in front of me did not react quick enough, so I had to hit the brakes to avoid rear-ending them. Which meant that you and the other GTs got a much better start than I did. Sorry for the contact. I'm not sure if you could have seen but I had Nielsen on the other side of me. I was kinda sandwiched between you two through the fast corners and after the contact I had to back out and let you both go ahead anyway.

Race results of the 2 classes:
upload_2017-5-21_1-8-32.png

Congratulations to podiums. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-21_1-8-15.png
    upload_2017-5-21_1-8-15.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 182
1 driver makes a mistake and takes out half the field
This isn't a reason to restart the race? it quite clearly is...
No it isn't, it is a reason to check who caused that mess, and why he did it.
There will never be 2nd starts because of incidents: drivers must be aware of the consequences of their actions.

No it isn't, it is a reason to check who caused that mess, and why he did it.
There will never be 2nd starts because of incidents: drivers must be aware of the consequences of their actions.

And here I am again still hoping that things like these will get investigated by race control and be followed by consequences; must everybody who has been a bystander of this crash send a report now. *tongue-in-cheek

So except for that big crash and that punt I gave to Edward at Soratte (sorry:thumbsdown:) because of missing my brakemarker that has been concealed by an GTE car we were overtaking the rest of the race was pretty much ok...

And here I am again still hoping that things like these will get investigated by race control and be followed by consequences; must everybody who has been a bystander of this crash send a report now. *tongue-in-cheek
I would be happy to receive any incident report from someone involved.
I wasn't involved but it's something that I don't want to see anymore on my club races.
Can someone upload the replay file?

Replay
I already looked at the start and I may have been a bit too aggressive, but I did not touch Luka even though his car behaves in a way that would make you think I did. So there might be something wonky going on with the hitbox or it was the effect of me being so close that Luka lost most of his downforce from the rear wing.

The race was pretty fun up until the pitstops. I was managing the hybrid systems pretty well and could keep @Glaurung behind until he pitted. Sadly, my pitstop took about 12 seconds longer and I lost all my time there. After that my pace dropped, probably because I had ended up in no man's land.
Also, did the battery fully recharge during the pitstop? I'm not sure because I had it set to charging in the final sector of the in-lap so I could run fast again during the second stint.
The 919 is about 2 sec faster than the Toyota and even more than the Audi.
We put some ballast (35 kg) and restrictor (20%) to the 919 but @Enzo Fazzi took the pole as well.
I definitely need to gather more info for a better balance.
Yeah the Porsche might be a bit too fast in quali but I wonder how much fuel the Audi and the Toyota needed. Did I mess up the strategy or does the Porsche really use that much fuel? If it's the latter, I'd never pick the Porsche again because it would be too slow over these 1h races.
Before i forget there was way too much talking in Teamspeak while in qualifying and in the race. Especially in the startphase the drivers need to focus to avoid what had happend before Turn 3. Hopefully next time it will be quiter in TS.
You can always mute us during quali and after the race start. For quite a few here, the TS banter is probably as much of an incentive to join these clubraces as the actual racing is.

Replay
I already looked at the start and I may have been a bit too aggressive, but I did not touch Luka even though his car behaves in a way that would make you think I did. So there might be something wonky going on with the hitbox or it was the effect of me being so close that Luka lost most of his downforce from the rear wing.
Actually I was pushed into a spin on my screen because my damage indicator also kept blinking from behind. I don't blame you though, I wouldn't be surprised if maybe lag came into play or anything similar, it was only a couple centimeters between us after all.

Whatever happened, I can't complain after the result so no worries either way :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%