AC Multiclass WEC @ Spa (Live Stream) - Saturday 8 April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had so much fun, what was I even nervous about?! A little frustrated I threw the GT podium away, but I still had fun, cheers for organising this, guys.

I was running the complete wrong setup... I had so much downforce to get through the corners i had practically no top speed, for the other lmp cars i was like another gt car, i could keep up in the corners, but as soon as we arrived on kemmel straight and blanchimont they just blasted off into the distance xD. Still had some nice fights with luca though, who was on the same pace as me, and had some great fun overtaking the gt cars

Does anyone have any clues what's causing the stuttering during my race? Race starts around 8:00. It completely compromised my ability to run wheel to wheel with anyone :cry:

It was a good race, but I suggest to make lobbies locked for the race so that people like @Daniel Beard can't join in the middle and mess with those who are racing. No idea what he was doing out there almost 50 minutes into the race with 350 ping and driving a bit erratically. Good thing that the game blackflagged him after his first lap. The replay is available here for those who didn't manage to save it
P.S. LMP1 guys were awesome, played it very safe, at least from my POV

Does anyone have any clues what's causing the stuttering during my race? Race starts around 8:00. It completely compromised my ability to run wheel to wheel with anyone :cry:
If that's worth anything I had this issue when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10. I reverted back to Windows 7 and it went away. Seems way too regular to be the odd several seconds freeze issue that's been going on since early access.

I guess the final result shows the difference between a default setup adjusted to one's driving and a proper setup. :D

Thanks all the drivers for the race. :inlove::thumbsup:
Congrats to podiums, and particularly to all the GT drivers that shoved from my POV a very professional and clean driving during the blue flags. :thumbsup:
My race was pretty regular with Pierre and Geoff pursuing closely then I managed to achieve a good gap as they were fighting each other.
Last five mins were pretty strange, too much relaxed and :redface:....a spin over the kerb of the last corner that gave the lead to Geof, though for just a lap as he had a spin as well at the bus stop :confused:.
The WEC circus here at RD is going to have a little pause, so next Multiclass LMP1/GT2 event will be in two weeks, on 22 of April in the track of Silverstone (one week after the actual WEC 6h of Silverstone). There have been already many signs up, and it gonna be full pretty quick, so I strongly suggest to reserve your slot as soon as possible:

IMPORTANT: with the next club events, in order to facilitate the attendance in the summer time, the practice sessions will start at 19.00 GMT.

I wouldn't record live for a start. Record the replay after the race.
Also wouldn't use any mod apps if there's a built in one (tyres app).
Heavy duty apps like Helicorsa can sometimes cause a stutter.
Get rid of any overlay software like Geforce Experience etc.

@demetri Ok, happens at the 2 hour mark in your replay (first long straight)
Not sure what the hybrid did there but it looks even more weird then it felt during the race. Did cost me a good 4-5 sec.
Race was indeed over after that.
Sadly i cant see the name :D

Last edited:
Not sure what the hybrid did there but it looks even more weird then it felt during the race. Did cost me a good 4-5 sec.
I can see the name, and yes, he should've left you a bit more space in Les Combes, but you could've also started accelerating a bit later after he had cleared you. It's always a good idea to leave a bit more room for an error in such situation. And contact seemed very subtle for costing you 4-5 seconds, looked more like 2-3 and you didn't spin out. Did you get too much damage? I think your pace dropped a bit after that lap

I think it was me and I span out after that but I had no damage and could continue to fight @Lesley Buurlage after losing a bit of time, for the last place :D. Actually, I lost much more time on the pit :roflmao:

I apologies if my pass was a bit rush, I honestly thought I had enough clearance to move on the left :whistling:

The race was really fun and can't wait for the next one :thumbsup: Hope to see you on the next one, maybe we can try do even better :p

@Joseph Wright thank you for the commentary, it was really good :thumbsup: and there was a lot of me as well :geek::cool:

i can't lament my race has been a disaster.. anyway i have had the same treatment .... on first corner i was out brutally by throwing out by right side and bottom side ... another time , have push me out on straight kick out me deliberately . may be a little bit of attention is not wrong .... contact may be possible , pushing out a car no.

Last edited:
It was a good race, but I suggest to make lobbies locked for the race so that people like @Daniel Beard can't join in the middle and mess with those who are racing. No idea what he was doing out there almost 50 minutes into the race with 350 ping and driving a bit erratically. Good thing that the game blackflagged him after his first lap. The replay is available here for those who didn't manage to save it
P.S. LMP1 guys were awesome, played it very safe, at least from my POV

Whoa there, @demitri! Check you facts before accusing people of 'joining in the middle and messing with those racing. I am surprised that you did not see me at the start of the race. I joined the server, with permission, at the end of practice. I completed the entire qualifying session and if your eyes are open, you will see that I was already signed on server 2 which had 3-4 people. Everyone on server 2 was invited to join server one at the end of practice as there were a number of free slots.

The reason that I reappeared towards the end is I had a disconnect attempted to rejoin. The game black flagged me.

In future it would serve you well to ask questions before throwing around uninformed accusations.

@Daniel Beard, I think I saw your car stopping beside the track near Campus turn and then disappearing which didn't actually look like a game-caused disconnect, more like a manual one. But it doesn't change the fact that once you get disconnected it's basically race over for you anyway. Treat is as a fatal equipment failure which does happen in real races. What was the point of getting back on the server and causing typical backmarker troubles multiplied by the awful lagging, that I cannot understand. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, but think about this: reconnecting is actually a slower version of resetting to pits which I believe is not allowed in a race session here. The reason for that is pretty clear because you would get a car with all the damage fixed and brand new tires unlike those who have been racing all this time, so pulling back on the track in this shiny new car you're getting an unfair advantage over them. It probably does not mean you will end up with a higher position due to all the time lost while reconnecting, but it allows you to maintain a better pace than what you would've been able to if you stayed on the track.

Last edited:
@Daniel Beard, I think I saw your car stopping beside the track near Campus turn and then disappearing which didn't actually look like a game-caused disconnect, more like a manual one. But it doesn't change the fact that once you get disconnected it's basically race over for you anyway. Treat is as a fatal equipment failure which does happen in real races. What was the point of getting back on the server and causing typical backmarker troubles multiplied by the awful lagging, that I cannot understand. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, but think about this: reconnecting is actually a slower version of resetting to pits which I believe is not allowed in a race session here. The reason for that is pretty clear because you would get a car with all the damage fixed and brand new tires unlike those who have been racing all this time, so pulling back on the track in this shiny new car you're getting an unfair advantage over them. It probably does not mean you will end up with a higher position due to all the time lost while reconnecting, but it allows you to maintain a better pace than what you would've been able to if you stayed on the track.
Have you established a new club rule that once a driver has disconnected he cannot join anymore to the server?
If you have experienced any club rule breach feel free to report privately to staff members, otherwise stop with your guesswork and pointless accusations.

I asked about whether resetting to pits was OK and the answer was that it is allowed in Q sessions which I assume means it is not allowed in the race. If that is not allowed, can you explain me why reconnect which also effectively puts the car back into the pits is allowed then, please?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back