AC Multiclass WEC @ Le Mans - Saturday 17 June 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi all! I am going to talk a little about my race.

Starting from P5, I jumped quickly into P3 (and almost crashing into the guy who started P3 -he just reacted too late to the lights, or sth strange happened to him). But then, 4 incidents occurred along the first lap:

INCIDENT 1
-Approaching to the first braking zone (where, by the way, I braked pretty late), someone hit me and then I ended up spinning in the gravel. I do not have the replay, but I suppose it corresponds to the incident mentioned by @IRobot. Thank you for your quick apologies, I really appreciate them. But after that incident, my race was just destroyed, so next time just do not risk so much in the first corner... ;)

INCIDENT 2
-While being spun outside the track, waiting for the pack to pass, someone hit me, I think because he was too late on the brakes. There is no point in risking so much at the first corner... My car just got even more damaged.

INCIDENT 3
-At the first chicane in Les Hunadières, I tried to overtake an LMP1 (I think it was a Toyota) where I should not have done it, since there was a car crossed at the middle of the track -I did not see it before starting the overtake-. Unfortunately, the incident was unavoidable, so I am really sorry about that, although I think it was mainly an unlucky situation for all cars involved.

INCIDENT 4
-Again, while being spun after the previous incident and waiting for all the car to pass through, someone braked too late and hit me. The same story. But luckily my car must have been made of cast iron and I was able to continue competing!!

It was pretty frustrating to have my race destroyed right at the beginning after so much training, but it was also somewhat entertaining to come back from the back of the field.

Lastly: I am not going to ask anyone to drive cleverly, or sth like that. But please, if a car 5 s / lap faster than you overtakes you, do not waste all your energy using 'Hotlap' mode to reovertake him once or even twice in Les Hunadières. He is going to easily overtake you later in the lap -since you will run out of energy- and, by that time, both cars will have lost a huge amount of time uselessly. At least, that is my opinion.

Last edited:
Ralf Euler ferrari_458_gt2 quit on lap 14
Vinicius Ferreira ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015 quit on lap 12
Nicolas Redman ks_corvette_c7r quit on lap 8
Tobi Ogunsanwo ferrari_458_gt2 quit on lap 6
franco becagli ks_audi_r18_etron_quattro quit on lap 3
Massimo Naselli bmw_m3_gt2 quit on lap 0
Marcel Purschke ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017 quit on lap 0

Guys you were asked to finish the race but you quit out early for various reason, this is not in the spirit of club racing not only have you let your selves down but you also let you fellow drivers down. How would you like it if everybody quit when you was racing and you ended up all alone in the servers.. you are all going in the book to me its as bad as a no show. and will be treat the same.:(

Last edited:
Ralf Euler ferrari_458_gt2 quit on lap 14
Vinicius Ferreira ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015 quit on lap 12
Nicolas Redman ks_corvette_c7r quit on lap 8
Tobi Ogunsanwo ferrari_458_gt2 quit on lap 6
franco becagli ks_audi_r18_etron_quattro quit on lap 3
Massimo Naselli bmw_m3_gt2 quit on lap 0
Marcel Purschke ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017 quit on lap 0

Guys you were asked to finish the race but you quit out early for various reason, this is not in the spirit of club racing not only have you let your selves down but you also let you fellow drivers down. How would you like it if everybody quit when you was racing and you ended up all alone in the servers.. you are all going in the book to me its as bad as a no show. and will be treat the same.:(

Ok so it be, however I made my point, but it was deleted. Please contact Guiseppe for details if you care.

The P1 in front of me didn't get a good start which slowed me down and caused us to go three wide into the first corner.
I'm pretty sure the P1 was not the cause of the collision, it seems you misjudged the distance between you and the Ferrari to your right and then you just turned into him...Maybe just be a bit careful next time :)

In my case I left because I couldn't continue due to a DQ for no pit stop during the time period. I actually did enter pit lane but missed my box and so ran out of fuel. After returning to the pits through the menu, I had 1 min left in the pit window to do a 4 min lap to actually do a proper stop. It seems a bit redundant to sit in the pits for 20+ min if you can't drive.

@Mapu
ok the last thing i ant is to get in to a argument, but ranting on the forum is not allowed, and Glaurung was correct in editing your post.
But by quitting a event you then cant file a race report, . I can't tell whether the driver was going to give the position back or not on the next straight if needed. (ie a safe place to pull over) it was a hour long race and having that many cars crash you would of had many cars to race with, (that's why we are here isn't it). So please don't quit next time carry on racing, you never know what can happen and racing through a large pack is far more exciting than being way out front in the lead.:)

Remember its the journey you take to the flag not the position you finish. its club racing there are no points or prizes just amazing stories of the battles we have. :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the P1 was not the cause of the collision, it seems you misjudged the distance between you and the Ferrari to your right and then you just turned into him...Maybe just be a bit careful next time :)
once again its a hour long race, you cant win it in the 1st corner,, you have to learn when to concede a place or 2, live to fight another day, not win it or bin it.. :)

That video shows how my warnings of being wise and safe at the first corners have been totally ignored.
No matter what app you're using or who was the driver that triggered the incident, going three wide at T1 it's not the best way to start an endurance race.
Anyway, as said, I'll have a look to the replay in the next days to check if there is room for penalties to be applied.

I never said the P1 caused the collision. I said, "the P1 caused me to not get a good start since he was slow off the line".
Elvise was the one who closed in on me when helicorsa indicated a car was to his left while having ample space on his right. Did you look at his car movement in helicorsa before blaming me for the incident? Whose car is making sudden movements according to the telemetry in the video you posted? Please, get your eyes checked.

Last edited:
I never said the P1 caused the collision. I said, "the P1 caused me to not get a good start since he was slow off the line".
Elvise was the one who closed in on me when helicorsa indicated a car was to his left while having ample space on his right. Did you look at his car movement in helicorsa before blaming me for the incident? Whose car is making sudden movements according to the telemetry in the video you posted? Please, get your eyes checked.
Well thats what I was saying, We don't know if Elvis has Helicorsa or not, assume he doesn't, I left you plenty of space on the left, and his move is not really "sudden" as you claim, If he makes moves, you should be the one that takes actions to avoid it. Anyways, the race is over, dont need to throw temper at anyone, im just saying.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%