AC Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Sun 25 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It started bad and just got worse, started to get 99% occupancy at the start, but my attention was
drawn away from that, everyone around me was having ping problems, looked at my ping, steam
said it was 15.
So it was not me, but it was me, so “sorry” to all. Have not a clue what it was all about, could have
been the modem over heating in this weather.
Nothing more to say, an event to forget.:(
On 99% CPU occupancy the CPU cant handly the internet traffic for ac anymore. You could have a perfect ping of 1ms for your internet connection but if your cpu is to occupied it just cant handle all the data that gets send and recieved. Its like a perfectly fine road with a broken car ;) You wont get far :D At least this is what I heard is the reason for it. So everyone sees you lagging and you see everyone else lagging.

I even backed out as I knew that you'd divebomb it. Ruined my lines. I'm way too nice in this damn game.

Lap ****ing two - car bright yellow tyres bright red.

Its a shame that it ruined your race. I agree that this was a very agressive move and I forced you in an uneasy position. But after watching the replay multiple times I defenitly think that its your own foult that you spun. There was not much room for you after the corner but you presst the gas and not the brake. I waited a long time for you until I noticed that you did a ragequit. I could have done a ragequit too at this point but I didnt! I still had a very fun race catching up to P2 from basically last place. So never ragequit if there is still so much time to have a bit of fun ;)
Might've not been the smartest move in the world, but initial overtake was fine, the overlap was there and only a bit less than a cars length behind coming into the braking zone. but Lucas you just didn't leave enough space(not even a cars width) after the chicane
7d26bc25cf457ee0b45dc04f6bbd0b86.png

But that's racing sometimes and **** just happens, so there was no need to ragequit especially when Lucas waited :whistling:

Last edited:
On 99% CPU occupancy the CPU cant handly the internet traffic for ac anymore. You could have a perfect ping of 1ms for your internet connection but if your cpu is to occupied it just cant handle all the data that gets send and recieved. Its like a perfectly fine road with a broken car ;) You wont get far :D At least this is what I heard is the reason for it. So everyone sees you lagging and you see everyone else lagging.

Thankyou for your input on that Lucas, that has helped me not get tied into a problem with the router and internet, and I can just now concentrate on the 99% occupancy.:thumbsup:

Might've not been the smartest move in the world, but initial overtake was fine, the overlap was there and only a bit less than a cars length behind coming into the braking zone. but Lucas you just didn't leave enough space(not even a cars width) after the chicane
7d26bc25cf457ee0b45dc04f6bbd0b86.png

But that's racing sometimes and **** just happens, so there was no need ragequit especially when Lucas waited :whistling:

Yeah I definitly agree it was super agressive. I was watching for the white line as a brakemarker and all of the sudden it was there :D Also the brake distancea of the cars are so different. So at the end I couldnt back out at a certain point. Sure this is not nessesary in the second lap and its not my plan to repeat this in future club races with you. So then its just a race accident? We both could have avoided it.

Yeah I definitly agree it was super agressive. I was watching for the white line as a brakemarker and all of the sudden it was there :D Also the brake distancea of the cars are so different. So at the end I couldnt back out at a certain point. Sure this is not nessesary in the second lap and its not my plan to repeat this in future club races with you. So then its just a race accident? We both could have avoided it.
Yeah from my POV, definitely a racing incident :thumbsup:

Thankyou for your input on that Lucas, that has helped me not get tied into a problem with the router and internet, and I can just now concentrate on the 99% occupancy.:thumbsup:
The easiest way is to use less apps. some apps use up imense ammounts of cpu power. Also mod tracks tend to produce a high load on the cpu sometimes. But in this case you cant do something about it other than not no playing these tracks :D

Well, I'm not trying to sound like a smart alec so please don't take it that way. Multi Class is messy irl so it's going to be tough on single screen with a PC. Sounds like some had a good time while others not so much. I'm not looking for sympathy, but I'll tell everyone.......want to trade places? We take so much for granted in life. I know, I used to as well. If someone ruins your race or vice versa, we're going to have another race and unless you guys are paying into a big pot and the podium gets the money, we're not losing anything but a little time. So please, make your life a little less frustrating for yourself. That's what Monday morning and a job / school / women are for:D

P.S.: I've found what works for me, if I'm a little frustrated, is to wait until the next day before posting in the thread and a PM is usually the best way to start, if you still feel like you need to address it with your fellow drivers/members. Even as the AC Manager and race host, there's a lot of guys in here that worked with me via PM's and we all walked away satisfied and had more respect for one another.

Just trying to help guys, promise.

Must say, apart from my PC playing up which continuously gave me grief in this race.
I now have the experience of driving the LMP1 in the mixed class and found that it is very difficult
from the LMP drivers perspective, probably more problematic than being in the GT3 cars.
I found my self doing, sometimes, the very thing I moan to myself about when being passed by an
LMP car when in my GT3 car.
Been a bit of an education for me, one i will probably not be repeating for some time.:O_o:
I shall be returning to my GTR, i hope it will have me back.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Was a great race for me. It was as if the McLaren was in a good mood and decided to let me live. Was great on the mediums.
There was some very aggressive driving at the start but after a few laps it settled down a bit .There was a nice little GT3 convoy for a few laps with me and Raresh and a couple other guys.
Have to say Raresh I know you didn't have a great race but if you get even a sniff of a chance you straight through .Some great overtaking moves from you before you roasted your rubber :thumbsup:
Sorry to John for the slightest of taps in traffic. I couldn't see the corner with the cars in front and did all I could to evade, hope it didn't effect you .

Must say, apart from my PC playing up which continuously gave me grief in this race.
I now have the experience of driving the LMP1 in the mixed class and found that it is very difficult
from the LMP drivers perspective, probably more problematic than being in the GT3 cars.
I found my self doing, sometimes, the very thing I moan to myself about when being passed by an
Been a bit of an education for me, one i will probably not be repeating for some time.:O_o:
I shall be returning to my GTR, i hope it will have me back.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I thought you did very well Ernie .All the LMP drivers tonight we're excellent.
I witnessed Joel pull off a crazy weaving manouver and make it look so safe a simple .I was very impressed.
Felt so much like the real thing tonight.

Music to my ears. You get used to roughly judging where an LMP is going to catch you if you drive the GT cars. I tried to drive the LMP's with the AI in the GT cars.....nightmare to judge. It's really rewarding when an LMP car works with me on taking a position. Yes, we both get it wrong sometimes, but that's what we get for using Football bats:laugh::laugh::D

Some of the gt3 on a long circuit will not like softs, if the 488 is one of them, that i would not know.
certainly looks like it.
As you will almost certainly be running med in the race, do some practice runs in practice with med
and see were you are, qualify with mediums, that should put you in a comfortable position to run
your race. there is a reason to do qualitying and a reason to run a measured qualifying.

just my point of view.:)
Thank you Ernie.:thumbsup::)
That's what I did in the end, but I was fustrated when no matter what I did, it didn't work. Meds worked fine.

I thought I was better then I actually am. I said I can pull a soft - meds - meds if I make no mistake. And I made a lot o soft after just 10 laps ... went to pits and crashed into someone. Sorry :( then I changed the strategy to go on Hards going all the way ... and then, around lap 20, my game said: mnop. Not going to do this anymore ... My wheel is blocked all the way to the left... Don't know what is happening ...
Sorry to hear it mate. :redface:
Next time it will be better.:thumbsup:

The easiest way is to use less apps. some apps use up imense ammounts of cpu power. Also mod tracks tend to produce a high load on the cpu sometimes. But in this case you cant do something about it other than not no playing these tracks :D
It helps to close all the app that are running in the lower bar (except the ones needed to race), also you could open the "Task manager" and close all the apps and services that are not necesary (this one is trickier, but some apps and services are clearly not necessary) :geek:;)

Hi Guys :)
My Race was "in solitary confinement" :roflmao:
I started so well, but as I was afraid I lost the back at the Heel :redface: and lost several places.
THen I had a nice fight with Nuno and David, then I was catching Nuno but I lost the front a tad at the braking point, so the gap increased. When I was catching them, a car spun after the heel and I couldn't avoid it. So 21 place for me. I had a Hard-Med strategy so I keept going like the Duracell batteries. Thanks to the attrition (forced in most cases by external agents) I managed to finish well, overall and GT3 class. I'm happy about it. Again David was catching me, and then Jussi (coming like a bullet train), but managed to cross the finish line without major incidents.
Congrats to top finishers :thumbsup: of both categories.
LMP1 were paramount overlaping me :p Thanks.
Enjoyed the experience.
Great race among @Lucas Gerlach , @Ronnie Böhme , and @pattikins I enjoyed the replay thanks to you!
BTW, If anyone would be kind enough to PM the replay of the 1st 10 laps of the race, I would appreciate it. :thumbsup:;) (I forgot to set the replay quality at medum, so only 1h replay)
Have a lovely week.
Best of luck @Bobby Pennington

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%