AC Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Sun 25 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for a great race guys and to @JoelK for organizing.

It's absolutely amazing to race at the limit and get overtaken by the LMP-guys as if I was pushing a stroller. It's been a while, so I hope I wasn't too hard to pass, I've always tried to be as predictable as possible (Sorry for pushing one LMP (can't remember who it was) wide in the long right-hander, I (green Lambo) had to fight understeer and slipped off the racing line). This is very demanding, most of all if you are involved in a battle yourself, but also very rewarding and fun.

I've had some awesome battles with @Medilloni, @pattikins and for a few corners @Lucas Gerlach. Thanks for some great racing guys :thumbsup:. @Lucas Gerlach: Awesome door to door action without the fear that this might end badly :thumbsup:. @pattikins: You were so much faster than I was, yet you were so patient and carefull in battle, great fun, I hope you did enjoy it as well :thumbsup:. @Medilloni: You've had great pace but bad luck braught us together again and again :):thumbsup:. Although, I'm a bit insecure :unsure:. I haven't had the time to watch the replay, @Medilloni and @pattikins both spun very close to me, was I involved in those incidents or maybe even the cause?

See you soon guys. :cool:

I just misjudged my speed relative to your car @ the turn in/apex of the last corner and couldn't make the adjustment in time... I loved the close battles and it was a shame that I spun out. I couldn't find a way past you and it was quite depressing when I thought I'd managed to pull off an overtake @ turn 7 lap 9 and you found another gear and sailed past me :cautious:. I was also hoping to under cut you @ the pit stop but you dashed in to the pits at the last second. Was it a planned or a tactical pit stop :cautious::laugh:

Wasn't it absolutely stonking! Highlight of the evening for me:thumbsup:, watching you and @pattikins Patrick, and the constant looking for a under/over cut was such great fun.

Yeah, I think we all got caught out by LMP's, but that's the nature of these events - just as they get compromised by GT3's I guess.

And no mate, my 'off' was nothing to do with you, it was due to being knocked off which then barbecued my tyres - but wacky thing is, exactly the same thing happened when we had this race in 2018, in exactly the same place, freaked me out!:cautious::cautious::roflmao: I went into the wall at the exit of the 'Toe' hairpin nose first, and (as Bobby mentioned) with single screen you can't see - it's impossible to reverse safely back on track, which is blind for those behind. Track map was full of cars in that spot so called it a night rather than play armageddon:ninja:

And to @JoelK , thanks for putting the race on buddy, and congrats to the podium guys.

John, I'm sorry for hitting your stranded car - especially as it ended your race. It was an hour in to the race & I could see that I was catching the group you were in (with Lucas & Ronnie). Going in to turn 7 your group was 3-5 seconds ahead, and coming out of that turn I naturally didn't expect to see anyone. When I looked up after reading my performance delta the last thing I was expecting to see was your car. I was really hoping to get a four way battle in the last few laps of the race. Fingers crossed for the next race. Thanks for close battles.

I just misjudged my speed relative to your car @ the turn in/apex of the last corner and couldn't make the adjustment in time... I loved the close battles and it was a shame that I spun out. I couldn't find a way past you and it was quite depressing when I thought I'd managed to pull off an overtake @ turn 7 lap 9 and you found another gear and sailed past me :cautious:. I was also hoping to under cut you @ the pit stop but you dashed in to the pits at the last second. Was it a planned or a tactical pit stop :cautious::laugh:
Yes it really was a shame to see you getting smaller in the rear view mirror :cry:. I had to brake to rather low speeds there because of my understeery setup, sorry for that :redface:.
After the overtake I switched to (R)ace gear, that's what that R stands for, right:O_o::p:roflmao:. So it was easy to fly past you again :D. The battle was really awesome and I'm looking forward to next sunday already.
The pitstop was clearly a tractical one ... because I realized my fuel wouldn't last another lap :O_o:. I was just as surprized to see you in the mirror, after I managed to enter the pits at the last moment. :rolleyes:
I've planned for 60l / 60l but time was flying and I realzed just in time that half the race was already over.

John, I'm sorry for hitting your stranded car - especially as it ended your race. It was an hour in to the race & I could see that I was catching the group you were in (with Lucas & Ronnie). Going in to turn 7 your group was 3-5 seconds ahead, and coming out of that turn I naturally didn't expect to see anyone. When I looked up after reading my performance delta the last thing I was expecting to see was your car. I was really hoping to get a four way battle in the last few laps of the race. Fingers crossed for the next race. Thanks for close battles.
No worries Patrick, you couldn't know I was there mate, and you didn't end my race.... wish you'd hit me to face the right direction though:roflmao: Hope it didn't spoil your race too though:(

It must be the worst place to be stranded at this track, you have no idea what's approaching except the track map, and a hoard of coloured arrows were headed right for me. Blind exit over crest, full beans from apex, what more can you ask for:laugh: ....hence the quick exit;)

I was mainly using 3 wing George, I did try 2 but my skills are that honed:roflmao: - otherwise I was giving too much away to the Nissan and Lambo, which was OK... I couldn't catch them but they didn't pull away either.

Couldn't use softs for quali either, totally gone after 3 corners, and 2x mediums for the race was edgy near the end of the stint.
If you were running 3, please tell me your splitter was 0. I can do a re laps at 1 and 3, but would never trust for a race even at the drag strip:D

Yeah John I've watched most of Chris's videos on YT, but the thing is it looks so bloody simple, not a twitch to be found, and I never get to see the setup so its no use to me other than to see the correct racing line.

Do we think we will ever get the McLaren 720 in AC GT3?

Yeah John I've watched most of Chris's videos on YT, but the thing is it looks so bloody simple, not a twitch to be found, and I never get to see the setup so its no use to me other than to see the correct racing line.

Do we think we will ever get the McLaren 720 in AC GT3?
Apart from how (compared to me!) he's nearly always got some constant throttle on mid bend (I found I was coasting too much), you can see top speed, pedal input, corner/apex speed etc etc. I've had some fun times trying to deduce aero & gears from top speeds/cornering speeds, and then trying to match them... even it it is futile:laugh: Biggest single help for me though, has been trail braking, fantastic to watch:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Haha, yes, splitter was at 1 Bobby, even had very slight understeer in some places:p
You suicidal, kamikaze, crazy man:confused: I'm out, got no words. Just going to sit here like Linus and suck my thumb.....and cry:cry: You're starting to get that :alien: whiff about you. When I get home I'll get my revolver and play a little Russian roulette to prepare me for Road America:cautious::unsure: Really didn't want to die this young, but that's where I'll be trying to keep up:D Seriously, thank you for the info:thumbsup:

You suicidal, kamikaze, crazy man:confused: I'm out, got no words. Just going to sit here like Linus and suck my thumb.....and cry:cry: You're starting to get that :alien: whiff about you. When I get home I'll get my revolver and play a little Russian roulette to prepare me for Road America:cautious::unsure: Really didn't want to die this young, but that's where I'll be trying to keep up:D Seriously, thank you for the info:thumbsup:
It's the setup I pm'd you yesterday (or the day before?) Bobby, and it drives 'on the nose' (which I like:inlove:) though still has a touch of understeer you can get rid of on throttle.:thumbsup: You'll like it!:p:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back