AC Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Sun 25 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I was disconnected against my will :cry:. I tree took down the power lines due to strong winds near I live. Congratulations to the winners and sorry to the GT3 guy I touched from behind in T1 I don't remember in which lap

First time I participated in multiclass race and have to say it was more eventful than normal single class race. I enjoyed it very much and will definately join again in the future. Few times I spun when I got scared of LMP car approaching fast in the corner and those incidents caused me to race for places in the back but still very much fun race at least for me.

Was a great race for me. It was as if the McLaren was in a good mood and decided to let me live. Was great on the mediums.
There was some very aggressive driving at the start but after a few laps it settled down a bit .There was a nice little GT3 convoy for a few laps with me and Raresh and a couple other guys.
Have to say Raresh I know you didn't have a great race but if you get even a sniff of a chance you straight through .Some great overtaking moves from you before you roasted your rubber :thumbsup:
Sorry to John for the slightest of taps in traffic. I couldn't see the corner with the cars in front and did all I could to evade, hope it didn't effect you .

I hope my overtakes were clean enough. I tried to overtake you multiple times, and when I didn't, I tried to keep as much space as I could on the exterior. I hope I didn't divebomb or anything, sometimes is harder to see the breaking point over the car next to you. Also, I was faster because of softs and the fact that I was wya lighter. Otherwise, I would have been stuck at the back.
Yes, my softs went way faster than I thought. ProTyre said 1+12 (full+high), but in turn 9-10 I was already sliding, even though the tyres were still on the green ... :-?? I should have stuck with S - M - M and not change to H. I was so slow after that ... and the game crashed while the G29 was locked to the left ... very weird stuff ...

First time I participated in multiclass race and have to say it was more eventful than normal single class race. I enjoyed it very much and will definately join again in the future. Few times I spun when I got scared of LMP car approaching fast in the corner and those incidents caused me to race for places in the back but still very much fun race at least for me.
I now you crashed, and for you might not have been the best moment, but I was right behind you and the other Lambo, saw the LMP in the mirror, we all got some fear in the throttle, and then I saw both Lambo's in front sliding in the same time, while myself was struggling for grip. And then @GEO147 just zoomed between us very casual :))

Might've not been the smartest move in the world, but initial overtake was fine, the overlap was there and only a bit less than a cars length behind coming into the braking zone. but Lucas you just didn't leave enough space(not even a cars width) after the chicane
7d26bc25cf457ee0b45dc04f6bbd0b86.png

But that's racing sometimes and **** just happens, so there was no need to ragequit especially when Lucas waited :whistling:
Had to wait until almost all the field went past to rejoin due to the location, tyres red, span a few corners later yellow car, no sign of him - no point in pitting as I'd be over a lap down by then and having to unlap myself through the whole field - done it before and in a race this complex, it would be a disaster - I mean, no one wants to be the guy that ruins someone else's race do they, eh?

First time I drove Lmp1 in a race and my first multiclass race, good driving by the gt3 guys that most of time gave a clear way where to go, sorry if some gt3 did not like my overtake, I still has learn how get fastet through trafic for it do not only effect me but also gt3 cars.
No close call or contact for me so I think my first multiclass race was OK and race pace also OK:) . I still have learn limits on this highdownforce cars.

Thanks for a great race guys and to @JoelK for organizing.

It's absolutely amazing to race at the limit and get overtaken by the LMP-guys as if I was pushing a stroller. It's been a while, so I hope I wasn't too hard to pass, I've always tried to be as predictable as possible (Sorry for pushing one LMP (can't remember who it was) wide in the long right-hander, I (green Lambo) had to fight understeer and slipped off the racing line). This is very demanding, most of all if you are involved in a battle yourself, but also very rewarding and fun.

I've had some awesome battles with @Medilloni, @pattikins and for a few corners @Lucas Gerlach. Thanks for some great racing guys :thumbsup:. @Lucas Gerlach: Awesome door to door action without the fear that this might end badly :thumbsup:. @pattikins: You were so much faster than I was, yet you were so patient and carefull in battle, great fun, I hope you did enjoy it as well :thumbsup:. @Medilloni: You've had great pace but bad luck braught us together again and again :):thumbsup:. Although, I'm a bit insecure :unsure:. I haven't had the time to watch the replay, @Medilloni and @pattikins both spun very close to me, was I involved in those incidents or maybe even the cause?

See you soon guys. :cool:

Great racing tonight guys!

I am so sorry for the incident in the second last corner @Medilloni :( I saw in the mirror what happened after the tap. I was battling with Oscar at the time and it was all messy! Really sorry again
Thanks Tariq, really appreciated.

To be honest, having watched the replay last night, with two of you bearing down on me I shouldn't have committed to the corner and left a bit more room - 'stuff' happens so fast in these races, and hindsight's a wonderful thing:laugh:

You were quick while you were going John. I was a passenger wit you for some of your quali :ninja:. What wing were you using?
I was mainly using 3 wing George, I did try 2 but my skills are that honed:roflmao: - otherwise I was giving too much away to the Nissan and Lambo, which was OK... I couldn't catch them but they didn't pull away either.

Couldn't use softs for quali either, totally gone after 3 corners, and 2x mediums for the race was edgy near the end of the stint.

Was a great race for me. It was as if the McLaren was in a good mood and decided to let me live. Was great on the mediums.
There was some very aggressive driving at the start but after a few laps it settled down a bit .There was a nice little GT3 convoy for a few laps with me and Raresh and a couple other guys.
Have to say Raresh I know you didn't have a great race but if you get even a sniff of a chance you straight through .Some great overtaking moves from you before you roasted your rubber :thumbsup:
Sorry to John for the slightest of taps in traffic. I couldn't see the corner with the cars in front and did all I could to evade, hope it didn't effect you .

I'm sorry for moving into your space when we were approaching the Bus Stop on the first lap. I wasn't expecting anyone to try and overtake me on the outside, so I was watching my inside whilst positioning my car for the turn in. Looking at the replay, I don't think you would've got past me in time for the turn in and in that scenario, your options would've been poor. Again, apologies if you thought I was being overly aggressive.

No worries Patrick. You are right I likely wouldn't have passed you and would have backed out if that was the case. I was just making sure you knew I was there as I knew you were preoccupied on the other side too. I thought it better to tell you sooner rather than later.

I was mainly using 3 wing George, I did try 2 but my skills are that honed:roflmao: - otherwise I was giving too much away to the Nissan and Lambo, which was OK... I couldn't catch them but they didn't pull away either.

Couldn't use softs for quali either, totally gone after 3 corners, and 2x mediums for the race was edgy near the end of the stint.

I think I ran 5 (maybe 6), which is likely why car felt so good. But had no chance on the straights against the other GT3s.

What is best way to make decision on wing required. As low as possible without loosing the rear? But which corner would have been the stability test on this track for instance?

Thanks for a great race guys and to @JoelK for organizing.

It's absolutely amazing to race at the limit and get overtaken by the LMP-guys as if I was pushing a stroller. It's been a while, so I hope I wasn't too hard to pass, I've always tried to be as predictable as possible (Sorry for pushing one LMP (can't remember who it was) wide in the long right-hander, I (green Lambo) had to fight understeer and slipped off the racing line). This is very demanding, most of all if you are involved in a battle yourself, but also very rewarding and fun.

I've had some awesome battles with @Medilloni, @pattikins and for a few corners @Lucas Gerlach. Thanks for some great racing guys :thumbsup:. @Lucas Gerlach: Awesome door to door action without the fear that this might end badly :thumbsup:. @pattikins: You were so much faster than I was, yet you were so patient and carefull in battle, great fun, I hope you did enjoy it as well :thumbsup:. @Medilloni: You've had great pace but bad luck braught us together again and again :):thumbsup:. Although, I'm a bit insecure :unsure:. I haven't had the time to watch the replay, @Medilloni and @pattikins both spun very close to me, was I involved in those incidents or maybe even the cause?

See you soon guys. :cool:
Wasn't it absolutely stonking! Highlight of the evening for me:thumbsup:, watching you and @pattikins Patrick, and the constant looking for a under/over cut was such great fun.

Yeah, I think we all got caught out by LMP's, but that's the nature of these events - just as they get compromised by GT3's I guess.

And no mate, my 'off' was nothing to do with you, it was due to being knocked off which then barbecued my tyres - but wacky thing is, exactly the same thing happened when we had this race in 2018, in exactly the same place, freaked me out!:cautious::cautious::roflmao: I went into the wall at the exit of the 'Toe' hairpin nose first, and (as Bobby mentioned) with single screen you can't see - it's impossible to reverse safely back on track, which is blind for those behind. Track map was full of cars in that spot so called it a night rather than play armageddon:ninja:

And to @JoelK , thanks for putting the race on buddy, and congrats to the podium guys.

Last edited:
I think I ran 5 (maybe 6), which is likely why car felt so good. But had no chance on the straights against the other GT3s.

What is best way to make decision on wing required. As low as possible without loosing the rear? But which corner would have been the stability test on this track for instance?
Tough call isn't it? My finks is; if I get a Lambo on the twisty bit using big wing, I'll certainly be an easy pass on the straight. Worked well for me I think - had a quick Merc, Lambo and Nissan behind me at various parts of the race and if exit speed was good from the 1st corner, none would gain more than a couple of 100ths by the end of the straight, if anything at all. And just as important, I could take advantage of a tow behind them as well:thumbsup:

Setup I used was based on the one attached, hope it helps. From memory, I think I reduced front ARB to 6 or 7 and diff coast lowered to 65% to kill some understeer. Gear ratios/diff set to give 172-ish at fastest point (that's mph, not kph by the way:laugh::p)
EDIT: Downside... it's not easy on rear tyres!

Attachments

• RoadAtlanta jp race.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 89
Had to wait until almost all the field went past to rejoin due to the location, tyres red, span a few corners later yellow car, no sign of him - no point in pitting as I'd be over a lap down by then and having to unlap myself through the whole field - done it before and in a race this complex, it would be a disaster - I mean, no one wants to be the guy that ruins someone else's race do they, eh?
Yeah I don't know the condition of your car and if that were the case with it then it's all fine mate :thumbsup:

......What is best way to make decision on wing required. As low as possible without loosing the rear? But which corner would have been the stability test on this track for instance?
Forgot to say George, to answer your question, for the 650S, I've learnt a heck of a lot from Chris Down's videos, priceless imo. Hope @Chris Down doesn't mind the publicity :whistling:you can find them easily - search Google for 'Chris Down sim racing videos', example:
For Watkins Glen, key corner for me is the first one, there's a lot to lose if you get it wrong, but you'll have plenty of time on the straight to practice swearing:roflmao:.

Wasn't it absolutely stonking! Highlight of the evening for me:thumbsup:, watching you and @pattikins Patrick, and the constant looking for a under/over cut was such great fun.

Yeah, I think we all got caught out by LMP's, but that's the nature of these events - as they get compromised by GT3's I guess.

And no mate, my 'off' was nothing to do with you, it was due to being knocked off which then barbecued my tyres - but wacky thing is, exactly the same thing happened when we had this race in 2018, in exactly the same place, freaked me out!:cautious::cautious::roflmao: I went into the wall at the exit of the 'Toe' hairpin nose first, and (as Bobby mentioned) with single screen you can't see - it's impossible to reverse safely back on track, which is blind for those behind. Track map was full of cars in that spot so called it a night rather than play armageddon:ninja:

And to @JoelK , thanks for putting the race on buddy, and congrats to the podium guys.
That's spooky :alien:, having the "same" incident twice :O_o:. I'm glad I wasn't the one who caused it ... this time :whistling:;)
Looking forward to next race, now that I have a stable setup maybe I'll get some speed out of it, too :D.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%