AC Multiclass @ Spa - Sun 16th Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I keep looking @ ACC, but every time I start it up in VR it appears at best under par compared to the other VR compatible sims and more often than not :poop:. Do you play ACC in VR?
No I have the Odyssey Plus and a 2080 but only a 3770k at the moment. So I haven't really got the PC horsepower for VR. I have a 3700x ready for a new build just need board and cooler.

Noticed I am quicker in VR, plus I seem to get an actual feeling of being attached to
the cars physics more. Is it my imagination. ( feel isolated, relatively speaking in 2D )
Do not drive online in VR because of all the faffing I have to go through, I just want to fire it all up in 2D and go.

Even with a 9900k/2080ti ACC in VR is quite meh. Sure you can get "used to it" but it's quite a shocking coming from AC to the downgrade you get.

I've a i5-6600K overclocked at 4.5ghz, 16GB DR4 3600 RAM which i run at 3200, and a 1080 which is also overclocked. After playing around with ACC settings it's OK on my machine however my CPU when AI is on the track is spiking occasionally at 100%. I use Rift S. Biggest difference for me was the Oculus update, and increasing the ram frequency.

This was the outcome, i still find its not as smooth as AC.

I've a i5-6600K overclocked at 4.5ghz, 16GB DR4 3600 RAM which i run at 3200, and a 1080 which is also overclocked. After playing around with ACC settings it's OK on my machine however my CPU when AI is on the track is spiking occasionally at 100%. I use Rift S. Biggest difference for me was the Oculus update, and increasing the ram frequency.

This was the outcome, i still find its not as smooth as AC.

The video clip offers the perfect solution to ACC's VR visual imperfections. Drive in conditions with reduced visibility. :confused: :laugh:

At face value, the i5-6600k should be fast enough for ACC. Add in the AI though and I would say that a 6 core or i7 cpu would be the minimum.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%