AC Multiclass @ Spa - Sun 16th Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Congratulations George. You deserve it with your tactics on medium. But to be honest, I haven't got a clue what happenend on that fast left. After that my rear tyres were hot red and I spun a second time so that @Raresch could pass me. I managed to catch up and we had some nice battling. Sorry for the last turn in the last lap,Raresch. I had to try it, hoping not to hit you. But I did so I waited for you to finish first.

Thanks for organising, Joel and John:thumbsup:. It was great which such a large field. Pity I couldn't annoy @Medilloni and @Kek700 :( due to their technical problems but @GEO147 was a perfect substitute for that :D .

But a question though: in the race I had several times that a LMP1 blocked the raceline in a turn by just diving into that gap. I thought that the rule is that the GT3 can hold their line and the LMP should make their way around them.
Yeah it looked very strange from behind Han I couldn't believe my luck :D. The 650 isn't the quickest but it's gentle on the tyres so I tried to use that to my advantage. That and John's PC issues was my lucky day.

you did all of us (in the GT3) when you've decided to go for 1l of fuel. your pitstop was damn fast.

@640er good battle at the start. I was kinda sad when I didn't see you in the mirrors anymore :(

P.S. I should have gone Softs Softs :mad: it's the 3rd race at spa after I say that ...
P.P.S. Does anyone now why the substanding class positions is not working? is saying 0/0. The substanding for the car is working, only the class is not.

Always nice to have you around :) My goal is to follow you a little bit longer with every race.
Did you run soft tyres in the beginning? Is that possible @spa? My softs went red after one quali lap.

Great race today! My goal wasn't about position because I ain't fast enough, But rather keeping it clean and steady.... Kept it clean passing the GT3's. Even had a moment where I was fighting for P4 and we spilt 2 GT3 cars fast but clean! That was intense, which also speaks for the whole race!

Very little practice for this event. I spent my free time mounting and testing my new bass shaker as I wanted it ready for the race.

I'm Very pleased with a P5 gos finish and no major incidents. Lap times weren't quick but I put together some consistent stretches.

Thanks @JoelK and @Medilloni for organizing. Congrats to the winners, podiums and all finishers!

My view is that if I am following another gt3 car I know exactly we’re he is at any point on the circuit, likewise a LMP car also knows exactly that to.
You should never move off your racing line for a LMP car, it is up to him to wait for a path by you, not on your racing line at all, that includes darting in front of you and suddenly expecting your gt3 car to develope the weight and downforce of an LMP car.
Then moaning when you hit him.
It happens to often in a race that the LMP car will decide to very often transgress some or all of these things, faster does not mean you have more rights.
Please tell me I am wrong, point me in the right direction, beat me with a scented boot lace,
“ Some one please”.:p
On a darker note hope I did hit anyone, my pc just crashed, twice , sorry.

I think I have got @pattikins PC bug... :(

@Medilloni John, sorry mate, I was out and had no signal so couldn't post to let you know I couldn't make it. A shame as I did get these puppies mounted, quick test and wow they feel good!

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_210336_046.jpg
    IMG_20200215_210336_046.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
I ran one set of mediums Raresch
I know. that's why I said your pitstop was fast. also, it's so hard to follow the 650. Maybe I am not used to ... I was right behind you at some point, stayed there for one or two laps and in the fast right corner, before Blanchimont, I've had so little downforce that I went straight on the runoff area.
How do you guys follow other cars for the whole race?

Congratulations George. You deserve it with your tactics on medium. But to be honest, I haven't got a clue what happenend on that fast left. After that my rear tyres were hot red and I spun a second time so that @Raresch could pass me. I managed to catch up and we had some nice battling. Sorry for the last turn in the last lap,Raresch. I had to try it, hoping not to hit you. But I did so I waited for you to finish first.

Thanks for organising, Joel and John:thumbsup:. It was great which such a large field. Pity I couldn't annoy @Medilloni and @Kek700 :( due to their technical problems but @GEO147 was a perfect substitute for that :D .

But a question though: in the race I had several times that a LMP1 blocked the raceline in a turn by just diving into that gap. I thought that the rule is that the GT3 can hold their line and the LMP should make their way around them.
Yes, that is correct, that is the general rule. I apologise for some of my risky overtakes to a few GT3 drivers. I was a little impatient at some points during the race so I'm sorry for that :redface:

My view is that if I am following another gt3 car I know exactly we’re he is at any point on the circuit, likewise a LMP car also knows exactly that to.
You should never move off your racing line for a LMP car, it is up to him to wait for a path by you, not on your racing line at all, that includes darting in front of you and suddenly expecting your gt3 car to develope the weight and downforce of an LMP car.
Then moaning when you hit him.
It happens to often in a race that the LMP car will decide to very often transgress some or all of these things, faster does not mean you have more rights.
Please tell me I am wrong, point me in the right direction, beat me with a scented boot lace,
“ Some one please”.:p
On a darker note hope I did hit anyone, my pc just crashed, twice , sorry.

I think I have got @pattikins PC bug... :(

But you can lift off the throttle when you actually are not racing against someone and you see a much faster LMP1 car passing ;)
But no worries, could have been more patient while overtaking GT3 cars, sorry for that.

What really p*sses me off though, are these unnecessary crashes in the first corners of the race.. Lost P2 because I got rammed out in front of Les Combes in the 1st lap.. I couldn't have hold P2 anyway because the aliens in front were much faster than me, but Joel even mentioned in TS before to take it easy in the first lap.. It's a long race, why risk so much on the first meters? :unsure:
But anyway, it was fun having a race again after some weeks off! :thumbsup:
Thanks for hosting @JoelK and @Medilloni :)

:)Forgot to thank joel and john for hosting the race, what with all the :poop: last night, ping very high, AC kept crashing, ( PC ) ;)tried ACC same, spent the rest of the night trying to fix with no luck at all.

My ping was very good, as soon as I went into AC went sky high.

Decided to have another go this morning, all working perfectly.:confused:

What’s going on, just had a win10 updated that day.!!!

anyone got any clues, all temps etc etc looked fine.

@marek2209 i alway run the edge of the right hand wall, going slow enough to get the nose to turn 90 deg at the corner, accept I am going to loose places, that seems to work.
Unfortunately does not stop the rare bump up the botty but If I get caught it is usually someone spinning out in front.:)
Not really a good solution.:(

@marek2209 i alway run the edge of the right hand wall, going slow enough to get the nose to turn 90 deg at the corner, accept I am going to loose places, that seems to work.
Unfortunately does not stop the rare bump up the botty but If I get caught it is usually someone spinning out in front.:)
Not really a good solution.:(

I didn't understand this, my english "expertise" is not enough for this :D:( what's happening to that booty? :roflmao:
But it wasn't you in the first lap!
Anyhow, no worries at all, this is racing :)

My softs went red after one quali lap
the tyre pressures were fine. they were going from 24psi in La source to 27 in Blachimont. The back were 26 for most of the stint. the temperatures were burning, especially on the front, but in AC is more important to keep the tyre pressure correct, than temperatures, as war as i know

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%