AC Multiclass @ Spa - Sun 16th Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Indeed Patrick, now pleased (relatively!) it's a couple of quid's worth that went wrong. Sods Law: anything that will break only does so when you're happy with your lap time :p

I was genuinely gutted when I turned around - you can do that in VR :p - & not seeing you on the grid.That's another Spa race that has gone awry. I'm starting to think that you're somehow jinxed @ Spa.:confused:

Patrick do you mind me asking what wing you ran in the race. You were so fast man it was unreal. I ran 0F 1R for quali but changed it to 1F2R for the race due to lack of bottle/skill.

Patrick do you mind me asking what wing you ran in the race. You were so fast man it was unreal. I ran 0F 1R for quali but changed it to 1F2R for the race due to lack of bottle/skill.

I set the rear wing @ 2 for the quali & race. I nearly went with 3 for the race - I was able to stay in Aki's slipstream on the straights for the first half of the race and I might've been able to apply more pressure during the turns with 3. <--- it's not that often that I get a chance to race against an alien. :laugh: It was great while it lasted. :D Unfortunately the stuttering finally wrecked my race, as well as two close encounters with the LMP cars.

Front?

I saw the incident with Tariq. Nothing he could do about it, you just teleported right in front of him. I think we all had some issues last night, mostly stutter lack of smoothness for me. Nothing like others had.

I set the rear wing @ 2 for the quali & race. I nearly went with 3 for the race - I was able to stay in Aki's slipstream on the straights for the first half of the race and I might've been able to apply more pressure during the turns with 3. <--- it's not that often that I get a chance to race against an alien. :laugh: It was great while it lasted. :D Unfortunately the stuttering finally wrecked my race, as well as two close encounters with the LMP cars.
Pardon my ignorance Patrick (knowing nothing of VR), 'cos you've mentioned it before....is the stuttering PC or VR related?

Front?

I saw the incident with Tariq. Nothing he could do about it, you just teleported right in front of him. I think we all had some issues last night, mostly stutter lack of smoothness for me. Nothing like others had.

I used the same set up that I used @ Sveg. Zero @ the front. Spa isn't one of my favourite tracks so I didn't spend anytime on the set up, I just concentrated on my racing line in the various cars that I tested. I therefore don't know if it's any better than your set up.

I did notice the pings fluctuating for a lot of drivers before the race started & ernie having to rejoin...

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance Patrick (knowing nothing of VR), 'cos you've mentioned it before....is the stuttering PC or VR related?

It's definitely PC related. The stuttering occurs in 2D, even when I'm watching a replay. Although if I turned my head in VR for too long during the race (i.e., looking @ the lap times) the framerate would drop.

good race everybody great to see big grid:D, thank you Joel,John and all :)

My race was a little disappointment. Locked the rear and spun when I was trying overtake both Patrick and Aki on same time( sorry for that ). After that the confidence in tires was gone so I pited one lap after to medium. The mediums was slow so started lose time to Tariq. Now afterwards I think I should been better if I had stay out and pited later for soft, I think I only had needed some more laps and confidence would had come back.

Congratulations Joel for the win

I used the same set up that I used @ Sveg. Zero @ the front. Spa isn't one of my favourite tracks so I didn't spend anytime on the set up, I just concentrated on my racing line in the various cars that I tested. I therefore don't know if it's any better than your set up.

I did notice the pings fluctuating for a lot of drivers before the race started & ernie having to rejoin...

Yeah very true. I watched Tariq after the race ender and his racing line although similar to mine was so much more precise from apex to apex.

The RD website was down briefly before the race last night for maintenance but that likely has nothing to do with the race servers?

:)Forgot to thank joel and john for hosting the race, what with all the :poop: last night, ping very high, AC kept crashing, ( PC ) ;)tried ACC same, spent the rest of the night trying to fix with no luck at all.

My ping was very good, as soon as I went into AC went sky high.

Decided to have another go this morning, all working perfectly.:confused:

What’s going on, just had a win10 updated that day.!!!

anyone got any clues, all temps etc etc looked fine.

I noticed that for the majority of UK drivers the pings were high @ times. Maybe it was the storm. Can we blame Dennis :laugh:

I had to remove an update yesterday - loss/intermittent sound issues. I dread every update.

I'm confused, it says you need to be a premium member but nothing seems to prevent me from racing, I'd love to race with you guys do I need the premium (no rush I can't really do anything until the end of March)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%