AC Multiclass @ Spa OSRW - Sun 10 Nov 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had a good race. No major mistakes, just very few missed brakings witch made me reduce the speed to keep it on the black stuff. :D I didn't analyze the times to see if I was consistent, but for me, not going out it is :laugh:. I guess the familiarity of the car starts to pay off :D

I tried as much I could to catch @steen skov Laursen and @r!ver_cz and I was keeping up only because they were fighting. When they stopped doing that, I was left in the dust. I need to learn how to control the car on yellow tyres. I always change when the high grip ends, but most of the guys change when the yellow wears off. Heck ... @GEO147 went the whole race with mediums. Well done mate. Maybe I could have catch you, but passing will have been an other story. 3 laps of fire might have been. too bad for teleporting to pits :( I would have gladly let you race until the end, just to see if I can really pass :D

Good race guys and thanks for organising :thumbsup:
First race with the LMP1, was quite happy with P4 during race.. Until I made a big mistake while watching into the rear camera display (jeez, this thing is so f*ckin small :geek::roflmao:) to let @JoelK pass. Luckily, I had no impact and my tires did survive, too. :D
After that, I've observed @Brandon Warren behind me, closing the gap. And suddenly there was a blue flag and @Birche came out of nowhere, so I let him pass at an unfavorable place.. so Brandon could easily pass me, too :cry:
Still happy with P5 and that I've finished the race :p;)

And suddenly there was a blue flag and @Birche came out of nowhere, so I let him pass at an unfavorable place.. so Brandon could easily pass me, too :cry:
Sorry to here that. did not really know where you were going left or right, but that explain it if you did not see me.

Sorry @BP for forcing me by like that, you was probably right I should wait and past you after the corner. It is fast decisions to make and not every time you make the right, still this is only my second multiclass race in a Lmp so have still much to learn when is coming up to move through traffic

Good race and thanks for organising

I had a good race. No major mistakes, just very few missed brakings witch made me reduce the speed to keep it on the black stuff. :D I didn't analyze the times to see if I was consistent, but for me, not going out it is :laugh:. I guess the familiarity of the car starts to pay off :D

I tried as much I could to catch @steen skov Laursen and @r!ver_cz and I was keeping up only because they were fighting. When they stopped doing that, I was left in the dust. I need to learn how to control the car on yellow tyres. I always change when the high grip ends, but most of the guys change when the yellow wears off. Heck ... @GEO147 went the whole race with mediums. Well done mate. Maybe I could have catch you, but passing will have been an other story. 3 laps of fire might have been. too bad for teleporting to pits :( I would have gladly let you race until the end, just to see if I can really pass :D

Yeah I was gutted Raresch, the car was very slippery but I was getting better and better at controlling it. My lap times were actually improving and I was looking in my mirror at you for sooo many laps. A hard lesson learned there!

Great fun tho.

Hello guys,

Thanks for another great sunday night. I also enjoyed the race yesterday. Unfortunately right at the start I hit a standing car and I think I damaged the front, because the car was soo understeery from beginning. Then I guess I repaired it when crashing into spun @HF2000 (sorry mate, picked the wrong side to pass you :() and eventually had a good fight with @steen skov Laursen I think I was a bit pain in the 4ss for some time, but your sudden dive into Bruxelles cleared me for good :D

Anyway it was first time I made the 911 to work with one set of mediums through the whole race without a problem and it felt good. Hopefully next time I will have some pace for the front runner.

Looking forward to next race.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Was a pretty fun race. Except for Joel trying to kill me every time he lapped me. :D
Ran one set of mediums for the whole race while not really pushing so they stayed alive. Racing with a full fuel load against lighter cars with softs is pretty tough though.
Also used my new rim, which is a lot smaller than what I used before and hadn't adjusted my FFB settings, so it was quite a workout too.
Here's my quali lap and my setup is attached.

Sorry Brendon for the block, I looked in my mirrors and saw you close behind me, so I went for the defensive line. I guess we moved almost at the same time.

Attachments

• LAMBO_R_SPA_V003.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 110
Thanks everyone for the race. It seems like everything went reasonably well in terms of traffic. I'm still a bit baffled how we didn't touch a single time @Enzo Fazzi, that Eau rouge pass was one scariest things I've experienced in a race.

Next week is gonna be: Multiclass @ Monza.
My Pc's power supply decided to die, and I'm going to get a new one tomorrow morning, so that's why there's no thread up yet. Keep an eye out for it tomorrow :thumbsup:

Sorry Brendon for the block, I looked in my mirrors and saw you close behind me, so I went for the defensive line. I guess we moved almost at the same time.

It's fine, it's just it was such a twitchy move you did that I had no time to react, thankfully it didn't end badly. That was the only time I managed to get a perfect run out of Eau Rouge to get a good enough draft to pass, as us Lambos are beasts on the Kemmel straight. If I had realised you were on Mediums I would have been more aggressive to pass you earlier to make more space, as I had the pace on fresher softs...aww well, more lessons learned :roflmao:

Sorry @BP for forcing me by like that, you was probably right I should wait and past you after the corner. It is fast decisions to make and not every time you make the right, still this is only my second multiclass race in a Lmp so have still much to learn when is coming up to move through traffic

It's okay...I normally would be fine with it, but it was because of that particular corner: Stavelot is IMO the most important corner to get maximum speed out of to reduce lap time (next to Eau Rouge/Radillon of course)...so I lost almost a second or so because of the move. I did see you approaching just before the previous corner but I really didn't expect you to blow by at that moment...I saw the next guy was a few seconds behind you so I understand the need to run though lol

I've done the LMPs as well and yea, it is pretty tricky deciding when to pass, but I tend to err on the side of caution which probably isn't the best strategy for winning, but I'd rather not cause any tension with the other classes so I take it easy.

Can't complain, I think that was one of my best races overall, my pace has certainly improved since the last time if I managed to grab 2nd given the competition. Had lots of fun, can't wait for the next one!:thumbsup:

This Sundays thread is up !! Go and sign-up for it :thumbsup: Sorry for it being so late due to those PC problems.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%