AC Multiclass @ Spa - Monday 10 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This was a great race for me! Lot's of fun.:) Nice choice for the Oreca as LMP, they're not as fast as the Toyota or the Porsche so the drivers have to do their best to overtake the GT's.:thumbsup: I even had a battle with one of the slower LMP's!

Thanks for organizing the race, Craig!

I qualified 14th but got hit in turn 1 and ended up last. But it was fun to catch up and overtake some drivers. And Archie and Ernie were way to fast for me so without the collision I probably would have had an uneventfull race, cruising in no-man's land. So whoever hit me in turn 1: thanks!;)

Hope to see you all in the next multi class!

Awesome racing everyone. As always I really enjoyed that, congratulations to the Oreca podiums :). Thanks Craig for organising the race and hooking me up with the custom skin;) hope to see you all again soon :thumbsup:

haha, give me some lessons my friend, how you managed to lap in that time is beyond me, I guess you do a lot of League racing. It is good to have some very fast drivers in a club event, because we can all learn from the experience :thumbsup: we have a few fast drivers here and I love them to enter an event.

Thanks for tonight's event @Craig Dunkley , much appreciated as always.:thumbsup:

Congrats to the podium guys, watching your lap times was amazing.... so much to learn and so little time:roflmao:

My apologies to you Darrel @durielk , I was going for a gap on the last lap that you had every right to close, it was your line, I misjudged it completely :(

John, no worries. I wasn't going to just let you cruise past, hehe.
Anyway, I though we had penalties 'ON' on these races. In that 2 turn switchbacks a lot of the drivers were off the race line and they were not given a stop/go. If your going to have penalties off, no wonder that some of the lap times are so fast (for us mortals, I know the fast guys can beat me even if I get to go the shortcuts).

Another very “lucky” and quite race for me, although i love my new wireless headphones, they lost
their charge, so from 15 minutes in, no sound, it’s quite difficult racing with no sound.
As i have just found out, I did not quite realize how much information they give, quite often sat there
in 2nd or 3rd with the rev limiter bouncing away merrily and wondering why i was going nowhere.
What was so “humiliating” was having the wife remove them and take them away to be charged.
Got them back with ten minutes of sound to go.:redface:
i thought i would not like this change of theme racing, but it has all made it all very interesting.
So thanks to @Craig Dunkley for the race and the change of theme every week.
Apart from Edward Rocket and @Pe Ha saw no one really, the old Nissan had loads of pace on
the straight bits, struggled in the corners a bit. Thanks to Edward for holding up John, i thought
“bugger” when i saw john right behind, i know how quick the 650S can be here. i would have
been a sitting duck in the wiggly bits. But once i had been given the gap by Edward i knew the
straights would look after me for a bit.
Archie amazing pace and Henri too.:)

It was fun last night. I was very glad that i could keep up with some of the cars and I was not alone on the circuit. The battle with @Björn Johansson in the SCG was thrilling. trying to catch up with him, and then I passed him and he was falling behind more that 2 seconds away only to see him in 2 laps later again at 0.7s behind :)) It was a nice battle for 15-13 place, I can't remember the number.

sadly, I spun ... again ... I did everything as I did until then, but because I didn't see that the back tires were on yellow, it was actually too much. I really need to work at this consistency. Any tips from any of you, guys?

Thanks @Craig Dunkley for keeping those races alive.

Last edited:
Great fun last night :) even looong down the grid :D
Agree with you Raresch I´d enjoy it as much as you did.
Did a stupid change to my set up for the race :redface:, went on Hard tyres
they where stone cold I can tell you that, this smart ass thinking no pit stop
so did most off the GT3 I guess. Can´t remember. As always great fun race with you all:thumbsup:

I love LOVE LMP racing! I just gotta put in more time for practice though.... I've done a couple multi class races here using lmp category (and a few in the past in R3E club when my work schedule allowed me to race on R3E days), and so far, I can manage consistency and also, pass the gt class without issue... Just gotta work on my slow lap times.:unsure:
Still had fun, to my surprise, i didn't spin the car, even though I lost count of how many times I lost control of the car in practise and qualy:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:.

I tried lowering my wing, but anything below 6, I spun the car easily... So had to keep it at 6 for the race and my lap times suffered... Should have practise before the race with a lower wing, but I assumed "if I spin with a lower wing, maybe everyone else with keep their wing around 6?????" Ha ha wishful thinking :D on my part....

Due to my rotating work schedule, I wont make next weeks event but will definitely be there the following week for some more of my favorite form of racing MULTICLASS!

Contrats to all class winners and podium finishers!

Shame I ran out of fuel on the last lap in the final sector lol....

Lesson learned... As I continue to tinker with the many options in car setup, I must stop being conservative and try new things as you never know what works best unless you try (I appreaciate others posting their setups, but I'm using a racing club environment to imrpove)

Thanks Craig for another great racing event!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back