AC Multiclass Skoda Octavia/Mazda MX5@Spa, Wednesday 25th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Although I had a nice race I think that this experiment with the Skoda/Mazda combination isn't successful as a multiclass event. There was no lapping involved which is an important aspect of multiclass. So for the next events it will be the Audi/MX5 again.

But the Skoda is fun to drive so I will see if I can use it sometime for an other event.

Congrats to the podiums.
Thank you all for participating and I hope to see you all in my backyard next week. I will post the event tonight.

Last edited:
Hi Paul, I think everyone had the same, looking at the pace of the frontrunners and me. It looks like the extra weight of the fuel has a big impact on the Skoda in the beginning of the race and in the second part the tyre wear prevented better lap times.
So I shouldn't worry about it.
Yes, thanks Han, most of the qualy times were about 0.5 off the practice ( I think Edward improved) and the fuel/tyre wear would impact the race pace.:thumbsup:

Although I had a nice race I think that this experiment with the Skoda/Mazda combination isn't successful as a multiclass event. There was no lapping involved which it an important aspect of multiclass. So for the next events it will be the Audi/MX5 again.

That's going to make Zandvoort's rollercoaster even more exciting! :roflmao:

A bit more fun than the first FAT-ALFIE race for me as I stayed connected to the server at least.! Wasn't quite on the pace, couldn't get within 0.5 seconds of my practise laps in qualifying but at least I sort of knew this track. I had a good start but had to lift on the exit of T1 as Ernie came across in front of me regaining control and I would have bumped into him if I hadn't slowed up. I lost all my momentum down the first big straight now and lost a place to Douglas as well as Ernie as a consequence. After that I was just keeping up and trying to look for opportunity but then I made a silly error in the les fagnes just catching too much curb about 15 mins in and dropped a few places. Made this up eventually and got back up behind Douglas again, went all in last couple of laps and got on his gearbox. Almost got the run on you into Blanchimont on the last lap Douglas but didn't quite have enough speed. I would have had to really dive in through the bus stop chicane so I backed off. A few more laps and it would have got interesting! Congratulations to the podiums and HF2000 thanks as always for setting it up.

A bit more fun than the first FAT-ALFIE race for me as I stayed connected to the server at least.! Wasn't quite on the pace, couldn't get within 0.5 seconds of my practise laps in qualifying but at least I sort of knew this track. I had a good start but had to lift on the exit of T1 as Ernie came across in front of me regaining control and I would have bumped into him if I hadn't slowed up. I lost all my momentum down the first big straight now and lost a place to Douglas as well as Ernie as a consequence. After that I was just keeping up and trying to look for opportunity but then I made a silly error in the les fagnes just catching too much curb about 15 mins in and dropped a few places. Made this up eventually and got back up behind Douglas again, went all in last couple of laps and got on his gearbox. Almost got the run on you into Blanchimont on the last lap Douglas but didn't quite have enough speed. I would have had to really dive in through the bus stop chicane so I backed off. A few more laps and it would have got interesting! Congratulations to the podiums and HF2000 thanks as always for setting it up.
Yes, another couple of laps you would have found a way past.

I was wary of a bus stop dive bomb so I tried to position the car to let you know that getting past that way would be tricky!

I need to watch the replay to remind myself of my defensive lines on the last lap, but I think I was fair, no Alonso weaving. :)

Last edited:
Yes, another couple of laps you would have found a way past.

I was wary of a bus stop dive bomb so I tried to position the car to let you know that getting past that way would be tricky!

I need to watch the replay to remind myself of my defensive lines on the last lap, but I think I was fair, no Alonso weaving. :)
No totally fair, you had the advantage and the lines, I had a look but it would have been a bit of a liberty if I had tried anything on that final chicane.

I don't even know why the Mx5 cup has 6 speeds.
Indeed.
I think you'd only use it for certain situations such as that, and it would be good for endurance to save fuel.
Yeah, maybe so.
I guess it's also possible that the AC gear ratios don't match the real car. I did some googling on that and failed to find answers, but I did find people talking about how 6th is too long in the ND car. Maybe the Cup has the same gear ratios as that? Shrugs...

I believe to remember that the gearbox for the ND Cup we are using is unchanged from the street car.
Than a tall sixth would make sense for mileage and emissions.

(btw, just checked, the MY21 Cup car has a sequential gear box for "durability reasons".
That probably means that 6th should be usable now)

MFG Carsten)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing