AC Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP-GT OSRW - Sun 11 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi guys :)
@JoelK and other fellow Aliens, plus all the LMP1 racers, would you be kind to let us, the mortals, a "safe" way to behave when you overtake or lap us?
I mean, it could be useful to have a "previous race drivers meeting" (a post) before each race, describing the best "ways" and "where" to move aside, so to avoid interfering with your race.
Kind of: "curve 2 keep right", "Do not brake more than necesary (eventhough I always brake way before all you guys) to allow others pass", " keep your way, we'll find a way, don't worry", etc.
Just a proposal :unsure:

@JoelK and other fellow Aliens, plus all the LMP1 racers, would you be kind to let us, the mortals, a "safe" way to behave when you overtake or lap us?
I mean, it could be useful to have a "previous race drivers meeting" (a post) before each race, describing the best "ways" and "where" to move aside, so to avoid interfering with your race.
Kind of: "curve 2 keep right", "Do not brake more than necesary (eventhough I always brake way before all you guys) to allow others pass", " keep your way, we'll find a way, don't worry", etc.

LMP vs GT - I'd say say on your racing line and the LMP should find a safe way past. Last thing you want is deviating off line last minute as the LMP wont expect that. Generally its the LMP cars responsibility to overtake safely, however when I am in a GT car if the LMP tries to overtake in an awkward place, I'll do my best to note that an try to avoid a crash, a lift or give them more space etc, not ideal as the GT will abit of time but its less time than a spin when you collide.

GT vs GT - Couple of options, keep on the racing line on the straight and lift to let the by, in the corners move of the racing line and lift to let them by.

Just the way I do it. There maybe differing opinions.

LMP vs GT - I'd say say on your racing line and the LMP should find a safe way past. Last thing you want is deviating off line last minute as the LMP wont expect that. Generally its the LMP cars responsibility to overtake safely, however when I am in a GT car if the LMP tries to overtake in an awkward place, I'll do my best to note that an try to avoid a crash, a lift or give them more space etc, not ideal as the GT will abit of time but its less time than a spin when you collide.

GT vs GT - Couple of options, keep on the racing line on the straight and lift to let the by, in the corners move of the racing line and lift to let them by.

Just the way I do it. There maybe differing opinions.

Thanks @jayk

I can do a short write-up of the do's and dont's of multiclass. But basically GT3's: Stick to your racing line with a common sense and don't do anything unnecessary.

I'm currently at work, so I try and make it in the morning :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back