AC Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP-GT OSRW - Sun 11 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thank you for the feedback. It's why I like to help when I can. I didn't want to kill you with it being to darty at the back:)

I know that you didn't want to kill me , it was a nice and controlable soft oversteer when forcing too much ,like in a rally car. :)

I think furthermore, this setup has great potential
by practicing more, and trying around with different
gear transmission ratios !

By the way , can the setup (in this notepad form) directly been loaded in the AC steamapp content ?

I had a pretty lonely race really - about half a second slower than the two in front and a bit over that faster than the guys behind - meant a reasonable gap opened up both sides. After ten laps or so I just settled into a tyre conserving pace and concentrated on not making a mistake. Pit stop was fine, uneventful. Pleased to have raced to a sensible podium.

Oddly, I couldn't get the 650S to knuckle down- I never felt at all 'racey' in it. It can be a weird car like that as it's quite benign in stock form - other cars can feel like you're having a white knuckle ride and be fast, while the McLaren can sometimes be blisteringly fast yet be very boring at the same time.

As always, thanks to @JoelK & @Craig Dunkley for organising - and well done to @ionONE1 for the win and good pace all session.

@pattikins I apologize my man. 2 races, 2 touches:redface::unsure: I don't like it when this happens. I was a little impatient imo. Hope you'll forgive me and will still want to race with me. I've enjoyed battling you in the past:)

There is nothing to forgive. On both occasions you had the right to go for the gap that I'd left open. If anything it should be me that is making the apology, along with my apologies for running into the back of @Raresch and I think, Ray - I didn't save the race so I can't be sure.

There is nothing to forgive. On both occasions you had the right to go for the gap that I'd left open. If anything it should be me that is making the apology, along with my apologies for running into the back of @Raresch and I think, Ray - I didn't save the race so I can't be sure.
No problems Patrick. Our vicinity on the grid seems to always end in some sort of racing incident :))

Good race @JoelK
I expected the mclaren boys infront of me today .. so i started practicing Wednesday^^
Used default setup, 17psi all around (pro tire app) and 2x60liter with soft tire change. Practiced about 4x 40 min long runs and some qualy tests today. Had to give 100% all race long, good night and see you soon.
Glad to hear you we're giving everything aswell :D I was so freaking nervous the whole race and had run Quali lap after Quali lap to even keep up with you. I guess your Ferrari handled tires a bit better 'cause I started to drop like 2-3 tenths per lap in the last 10 mins of the stint. Then had those lag spikes throughout the race which weren't too bad except for that one big one(Thanks for waiting man, really appreciated it !:))

Hi guys ;)
Sorry guys, last night I was starting to feel really tired all of a sudden, so Ileft soon and didn't come to chat here. It's just a cold, this freaking weather, at night 27ºC so I used the AC, which I hate, and that caused me a body upset.
Anyway, @HF2000 , you were right there on my tail for I don't remember how long, I was losing my tires and sliding and braking badly. Great move on the inside at the end of the straight, I took the wider line and chopped across, we banged doors, sorry. I asked you about it on TS, but at the end of the race I realised I had the mike off. :poop: Then I lost you a couple laps later, pit maybe?:thumbsdown:
After my pit stop it was impossible to concentrate, so I lost the car on the esses. @JoelK , you didn't hit me, I was trying to avoid messing with you, front guys, and my rear tyres were red, so I moved away.
From then on it was just cruising and maintaining a minimum concentration. :notworthy:
@Bobby Pennington , yeah, I told you, in a very non English way because I was tired and busy :D, to keep your line, so you could pass me on the outside. I don't mess around with really fast guys, you started from the pits and you were catching me, at that moment 9th or 8th, so you are not my fight.
Congrats to podium finishers, well deserved positions. :thumbsup:
And great job to all participants :)

@Bobby Pennington , yeah, I told you, in a very non English way because I was tired and busy :D, to keep your line, so you could pass me on the outside. I don't mess around with really fast guys, you started from the pits and you were catching me, at that moment 9th or 8th, so you are not my fight
I appreciate that Victor, but honestly it was your position fair and square and I always enjoy battling different guys so it would have been fine with me for us to battle. It makes me better by needing to get a better run out of corners to pass you since Big Butt Betty:D doesn't have a lot of grunt or top end and hopefully it will make you better by having pressure applied and getting used to dealing with it. @Celtic Pharaoh used to do this to me all the time and it helped me get better. At the end of the day though, it's your race and if you enjoy it more for now by letting me by that's ok too:)

I'm so tired now but I had a lot of fun.
Hi guys ;)
Sorry guys, last night I was starting to feel really tired all of a sudden, so Ileft soon and didn't come to chat here. It's just a cold, this freaking weather, at night 27ºC so I used the AC, which I hate, and that caused me a body upset.
Anyway, @HF2000 , you were right there on my tail for I don't remember how long, I was losing my tires and sliding and braking badly. Great move on the inside at the end of the straight, I took the wider line and chopped across, we banged doors, sorry. I asked you about it on TS, but at the end of the race I realised I had the mike off. :poop: Then I lost you a couple laps later, pit maybe?:thumbsdown:
After my pit stop it was impossible to concentrate, so I lost the car on the esses. @JoelK , you didn't hit me, I was trying to avoid messing with you, front guys, and my rear tyres were red, so I moved away.
From then on it was just cruising and maintaining a minimum concentration. :notworthy:
@Bobby Pennington , yeah, I told you, in a very non English way because I was tired and busy :D, to keep your line, so you could pass me on the outside. I don't mess around with really fast guys, you started from the pits and you were catching me, at that moment 9th or 8th, so you are not my fight.
Congrats to podium finishers, well deserved positions. :thumbsup:
And great job to all participants :)
@ChikiWaki .Yes it felt like a long time watching the back of your car for many rounds. My pace was just slightly better but not enough to get an overtake opportunity without you making a small mistake. And the door banging was not a problem. That's racing. Great move to chop across! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I appreciate that Victor, but honestly it was your position fair and square and I always enjoy battling different guys so it would have been fine with me for us to battle. It makes me better by needing to get a better run out of corners to pass you since Big Butt Betty:D doesn't have a lot of grunt or top end and hopefully it will make you better by having pressure applied and getting used to dealing with it. @Celtic Pharaoh used to do this to me all the time and it helped me get better. At the end of the day though, it's your race and if you enjoy it more for now by letting me by that's ok too:)
True @Bobby Pennington, but for now, I prefer to have the least battles as possible :thumbsdown: at least until I learn how to control the wear of my tyres. :) Thanks again for your possitive comments. :thumbsup:

This is to all the guys that I battled with at the back of the pack. I was really feeling bad yesterday and thought I wouldn't make it the entire race so I decided to start from the back of the grid, but somehow I banked a lap, which I didn't want to do, so I started from the pits. I really enjoyed battling all of you and I think you guys drove great. I went side by side with some of you, which in sim racing is spotty at best because of limited view, and we all survived:confused::p:D. It also lets us get used to racing against guys we normally don't see and learning to drive with one another.

I can tell you from experience and @JoelK can back me up on this; Joel used to start from the pits or the back of the grid in a lot of our US races and it was cool to have to battle with him as long as I could. It helped him understand a slower driver like myself and it helped me learning to defend. I almost always defend the inside line because it's the easy obvious choice, but then I'll switch on a guy and stay to the outside on the racing line. I usually got beat doing this back a few years ago, but I learned if you change it up a little, you'll learn the old "Over and under" move. It sounds simple enough, but the over and under move is all about setting a guy up (frustrating the heck out of him:sneaky::cool:) and timing your braking just right to make it happen and then you can just get in the throttle sooner and bye bye.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%