Staff
Sep 22, 2010
Too bad but it's understandable. More time to practice :p

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
Staff
Premium
Jun 4, 2011
Good evening all! Apologies for the issues that have resulted in the postponement of last night's event. I am away at the moment, so it is rather difficult to keep up-to-date with the news and information about new releases and updates.

That being said, I am becoming increasingly fed up with the lack of information and (fore)warning from Studio 397 when a new update is released, either for the game itself or resources for the game such as the tracks and cars. Prior to a new release, as a server administrator I would at the very least expect to be informed that an update will be released (soon or imminently), but I am given no such information in advance. My options are to wait until after a new version is released, and for either a post in the rFactor 2 forums, an update through SteamDB, or a news post at RaceDepartment to be told about the new release. And in this case the first I heard about new updates was through the posts in this thread. I sincerely apologise about this, and more often than not I would expect to be on top of the situation. Unfortunately, due to my absence at the moment, I was slow to react in time on this occasion.

Fucitol

75RPM
Premium
Jun 4, 2017
Not a problem at all Daiman, I think most of us can fully understand that this isn’t something that is solved in 5min after the update. Luckily we had a lot of new content to play with yesterday!

just want to say thanks to you guys for your continued efforts in providing us such great racing, very much appreciated!!

s1wyn2001

25RPM
Premium
Sep 17, 2018
Try the verify integrity of game files in steam library
Thabks for this. I didn't know I could do that so good to know.

Another question which should probably be asked in another topic but what the hell..

If I use the beta for the new UI would I still be able to join the race servers?

Many thanks in advance.

Balazs Floszmann

250RPM
Premium
Aug 1, 2014
If I use the beta for the new UI would I still be able to join the race servers?

Many thanks in advance.
Absolutelly unable! The beta version is a different built as the normal vers. Usually gameservers doesn't run in beta especially the RaceDepartment servers!