AC MultiClass @ Imola - Sun 15 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
In with the 911 if there's still room

Hey, two things:

1. As mentioned in the thread, you must be in Teamspeak to participate. Because you were not there...
2. ...you didn't hear the information about the first 15 minutes of qualifying being LMP only (which is mentioned both in TS and in the thread), and went out in a LMP only qualifying session, and either in text or TeamSpeak we couldn't communicate to you to stop. Please be in the right places to get the right information :)

From my perspective a pretty lonely race, although Imola is one of my favourite tracks so I still had a good time :)

One thing I do want to mention in passing is that LMPs shouldn't feel entitled to a pass when they are passing for position (ie. not blue flag). In my case, at about lap 5 or so, I saw an LMP overtake someone for position extremely aggressively and they both had an avoidable collision. I saw a couple of other pretty borderline LMP overtakes, so just want to surface it as something to think about for the future. :thumbsup:

Only had practice to get used to the car, so setup for qualifying only, with 70 litres of fuel, it was a
different car, after three off’s went into the pits and put max rear wing on.
By this time all confidence had gone from me with this car, as much as I loved driving it, basically
just lapped and waited for it to bite.
Spent most of the time feathering the throttle, heard Joel talking about it on TS, I think it was his
opinion also, only heard part of the conversation, so may have got it wrong.
I hope I was not the one Chris was talking about, certainly could have been, really struggled with
this car today. I certainly had one incident, will look at the replay tomorrow, so I will give an
apology now, just in case.:(

I hope I was not the one Chris was talking about, certainly could have been, really struggled with
this car today. I certainly had one incident, will look at the replay tomorrow, so I will give an

Didn't see anything from you, so not to worry -- but either way it's a note for everyone, not for anyone specifically :)

@Chris Down I didn't know something like this should be put in the rules ... I didn't give space to LMP's that were behind and he had a lower track position. I thought that will have been self-explained and fair. Of course, I would not have challenged them in a corner or something, because I know they are faster, but didn't alter my racing line for that. @JoelK I hope I didn't hold you (I had a blue flag this time) in the last 2 corners. I didn't know how I should have let you space in those corners. Sorry :(

This is my first podium on the GT3 class :thumbsup::roflmao: And that last lap overtake on @Daniel Nieto makes it even better. Sorry mate. But excellent driving, going the whole race on mediums. :confused::confused: I don't know if I could have passed if you weren't with red tyres. I know some of the faster drivers did not race, but I will take what I can :cool:

P.S. proTyre made me a joke. during practice, I always saw meds will last 2-17-35. After 2-3 laps in the race 3-22-48 :confused::confused: If I would have known I would have taken more fuel in the first stint. At least I didn't use the hard compound I was planning initially. That would have made me a lot slower.

Thanks, @JoelK and @Craig Dunkley for organizing :D

Last edited:
From my point of view, I prefer slower cars to race as though I am not there sticking to their racing lines, the exception being a long straight were I appreciate them keeping to the left or right.
I find it gets difficult if they very politely try and help, which I appreciate, but it causes confusion for me, this gives me a clear message in knowing exactly we’re they will be.
I know after my race today I am not in the position to really state this, never stopped me opening my gob in the past though.:roflmao::roflmao:

...I certainly had one incident, will look at the replay tomorrow, so I will give an

I'm pretty sure it was my fault. I didn't expect speed difference to be so minimal in chicane and didn't give you enough room. I just broke too late and tapped you to the rear. Sorry about that.

Otherwise race was quite uneventful but managed to make couple passes which are always nice.

Last edited:
Was bit ulucky race for me. do not know with lap it was maybe lap 5, a lmp lost control in front of me and before I realise he come spinning over track, had no way to go. If not for this I think @Chris Down and I could had have Great battle this race. I do not want blame the lmp, mistake happens to everybody, but next time wait for saver pass, the lmp have speed do so

I think had a chanse to catch Chirs in end of race but that chanse I thow away in the pit when missed my pitbox, I do not know what I was think but in head I thinking that my pitbox was on same place as it was on pratice server where it was the last pit box, so I had to reverse entire pitlane cost me many seconds.

Had my struggles with the Oreca as I was the slowest. But the car was stable for me with a few setup changes, but I just didn't have the focus and pace.

I was chasing @Chris Down GT3 car for P3 overall but on top of making mistakes, I had to pit a second time due to not having enough fuel. I miscalculated that lol...

I think I gave others enough room on track... congrats to the Podium guys in both classes and thanks @JoelK and @Craig Dunkley for organizing!

@SOLO59 its a shame it all fragmented, i could see you were not having the best of times with the Oreca, i was also in difficulties, I think it was possible for us three @emarchena included to have
a good fight, Joel was in a race all on his own, all the Oreca needed was a decent set of tyres, pity
we could have not pinched a set of GT3 softs, I’m sure that was its problem, you just couldn’t lean
on the tyres at all.:)

This is my first podium on the GT3 class :thumbsup::roflmao: And that last lap overtake on @Daniel Nieto makes it even better. Sorry mate. But excellent driving, going the whole race on mediums. :confused::confused: I don't know if I could have passed if you weren't with red tyres. I know some of the faster drivers did not race, but I will take what I can :cool:

P.S. proTyre made me a joke. during practice, I always saw meds will last 2-17-35. After 2-3 laps in the race 3-22-48 :confused::confused: If I would have known I would have taken more fuel in the first stint. At least I didn't use the hard compound I was planning initially. That would have made me a lot slower.

Thanks, @JoelK and @Craig Dunkley for organizing :D

So close to get the podium here, think I lost two positions in the last 10 minutes while I was still triying to warm up that front tyres :roflmao:, you keept me pushing hard until the last corner and you took what you deserved here mate. Great driving and congrats for that finnish.

Its a pleasure always having tough and clean fights making me learn some stuff for the next race :sneaky:..:p

Thanks to all as always for the great fun on the track

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back