Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
images
images

images
1637706025161.jpeg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

After some very intensive events it is time for something more relaxing but also fun. These road cars are relatively easy to drive and we will be racing them on a track we know from a few races we did here a few weeks ago, @Fat-Alfie 's latest beautiful creation, Bremgarten. It's also a test to see if this combo is something you all like for future events.

The more the merrier so join us for an exciting race and:

1200px-Circuit_Bremgarten.svg.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars:
    • Audi S1
    • Toyota GT86
    • Abarth 500 EsseEsse
    • Alfa Romeo Mito QV
  • Track: Bremgarten, Switserland
  • Pit stop: mandatory
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

This looks fun! Im loving these multiclass races with different cars on long tracks. It seems like a good skill-building series. Thanks for putting these together!
Actually if this one is quite succesful in terms of participation and fun, I'm thinking of organizing a championship with these cars on long tracks (> 10km) only. Deutschlandring, Feldbergring, Black Cat County Long, Highlands Long, Fonteny and Fonteny reverse.
I hope the cars are balanced enough for a championship. The Audi has a fuel consumption that it needs a pitstop for a race of 45 min thus explaining the mandatory pitstop in this event. But if the Audi is too fast for the GT86, it's an option to have the pitstop optional and to use a race length where the Audi can compensate the pitstop. I need to do some calculation for that. But let's first see how this event goes.

Thanks for the heads-up @HF2000 on this but sadly I've already got racing commitments on a tues eve for the next 2 or 3 weeks and tbh your content is more appealing, but :shrug:
as you seem to love the same kind of content as I do, I'm sure there will be plenty more FA spectaculars.

The fiat 500 needs the S1 pack to make it reasonably competitive to the others.
Other wise all it will be doing is spotting dots in the distance. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
PS
just noticed the Pit stop bit, still needs the S1 variant though. :)

Last edited:
The fiat 500 needs the S1 pack to make it reasonably competitive to the others.
Other wise all it will be doing is spotting dots in the distance. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
PS
just noticed the Pit stop bit, still needs the S1 variant though. :)
Ernie, this Fiat 500 version is quite competitive with the Mito QV. The GT86 and Audi S1 are faster of course but are in a different class.

Got it.
I am almost as quick in the Mito as the Toyota and Audi. That’s what made me think the Fiat was under powered.
Will have another go in all four cars again tonight. :)

Got it.
I am almost as quick in the Mito as the Toyota and Audi. That’s what made me think the Fiat was under powered.
Will have another go in all four cars again tonight. :)
I tested those cars on the Deutschlandring and the Audi/Toyota were about 8-9 seconds faster than the Mito/500.
The 500 S1 version was somewhere in between those two classes.

Im in with the Abarth.
Although i really liked driving the RWD toyota, it is a little harder to control and i know i will get smoked by the top drivers. I feel like i can exploit the Abarth to a greater extent than the other cars.

id like some opinions on something (please) :geek:. I do most of my practice with TC/ABS turned off. As race day approaches i turn on the ABS and sometimes the TC and run laps to get used to the different feel. I run the races with assists on but i still try to use threshold breaking instead of relying on ABS to kick in (ABS is more of a failsafe so i dont skid and take someone out)
Do you think this is a good approach or should i be doing something different?
thx!

FWD, I will use TC on, sometimes TC off, not really much difference.
I generally run both, if one is quicker I go with that, never much in it though, at least for me.
ABS is easy, if it has it, I use it.
Simple as that really, most of the time I cannot tell the difference between TC on or off.
You either have a spinning wheel or an engine cut,
Some here certainly will say no TC, as it makes them quicker, that may very well be true, so maybe it has more to do with driving style, whatever that means.
For me both are about the same.
Do what I do , creat a repeatable lap, so that you are circulating within a couple of tenths of a second in a lap, disable TC then repeat.
Let us know how you get on. :)
PS
I have TC mapped to my wheel, so I can activate if I wish anyway, same with ABS.
ABS and brake bias are again steering wheel mapped. If I get time I will use ABS and brake bias to turn the front of the car.
But as I am a thick “O” I find to much fiddling especially on a short circuit is a receipt for an off.

Last edited:
Im in with the Abarth.
Although i really liked driving the RWD toyota, it is a little harder to control and i know i will get smoked by the top drivers. I feel like i can exploit the Abarth to a greater extent than the other cars.

id like some opinions on something (please) :geek:. I do most of my practice with TC/ABS turned off. As race day approaches i turn on the ABS and sometimes the TC and run laps to get used to the different feel. I run the races with assists on but i still try to use threshold breaking instead of relying on ABS to kick in (ABS is more of a failsafe so i dont skid and take someone out)
Do you think this is a good approach or should i be doing something different?
thx!
When it comes to road cars I think it's best to use ABS on, and TC to flavour (meaning, set TC to whatever gives you best control and performance.)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years