RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know what happened today, a person with lag I think. When I was near some drivers, they start blink. Impossible to know where they were.

Sorry for the accidents, but I think my ping was not bad.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Yeah we've had a few occasions where a single car has been having connection issues, warping, lag etc. Thing to keep in mind;
If one other car is warping and behaving weird, they prob have a poor connection atm.
If several other cars are warping and behaving weird, it's probably you who have poor connection.

Joined in on the second race, struggle so bad with the car but had an epic fight with @Phil Hopkins the second half of the race, very nice defending Phil!

Were you the red car? I think it might have been you. When more than one car is blinking in and out for you, it's usually you, and not them.

In the second race, there was a red car warping for me, and I got booted off track at one point from that warping. It could have been me, but I raced with several other cars up close for several laps rock steady.

Anyway, that was a promising first race for me. I'm slow, but I still managed to have close racing in both races. In fact, some of the best and cleanest close racing I've had online. So, really enjoyed today's races and looking forward to more.

EDIT: Actually, I just watched the replay, and I think the warping was me, at least once. And it wasn't the red car that contacted, it was #1 Citroen. I'm not sure he even saw me. We were sort of melded together for a second or so. I think that was the only time during both races that I experienced or caused connectivity problems, though, so I'm going to try again.

Last edited:
I've signed up for the pCars race tomorrow, but it's earlier. I might be able to join the second race if that's all right. I'll have to buy one of these cars. Any suggestions? I'm thinking the E30.

E30 is a good choice, but are you aware that you can test all 4 for free? Just head to the store ingame and go to the cars, you'll find a little wheel icon;
test4free-png.96637

Hit it and choose difficulty, then you can run that car on the Raceroom Raceway track for however long you wish. :ninja:

Thanks for @Kjell Eilertsen (right one this time....) for setting up the event.

Congrats to the race winners

I had two great races, made a mistake in race one getting caught out with the two in front battling so hard they braked early and I nearly shot up the back of them! :roflmao: Recovered to 5th though :thumbsup:

Second race was great as well, some superb battling. Finished 5th again but still fun along the way.

May just do some hot lapping as I was losing time through the last sector, otherwise I think I was ok.

With regards to lagging, I did have one occasion when a car all of a sudden appeared in my cockpit?! That was the only issue I had :)

Great nights racing both races were good fun and I really like the track qualified on pole for both races but need to work on my starts as I lost the lead at the start of both races great battles with @Joao Fernandes and @Paul Jeffrey paul was very hard to overtake battling for the lead leading to a bit of contact in race one but I recovered to finish 3rd :)

2nd race lost the lead at the start managed to get it back at turn 2 and stayed there till then end

Will be keeping an eye on raceroom numbers and will hopefully join in on some more racing :)

Fellas fellas fellas.... outstanding! :D Had a superb nights racing tonight, thoroughly enjoyed every second of it.
Had great races with @Craig Patteson @Joao Fernandes @budlix and everyone else. Really good clean racing.
Drum roll please.... managed to avoid stupid mistakes this time (just lacked that bit of pace sadly.. you guys are FAST!). Race 1 qualified P3 around 8 tenths of Craig. Decided my only chance was to make a lightening start and defend like mad... and it worked! Got into the lead off the line and just fought to keep hold of position for the whole 20 minute race. Had good battles with Craig but sadly that ended with contact around half distance, sorry again mate about that... however :geek: having reviewed the replay i feel much better as i'd have it down as a racing incident at worst :D:D:D. Stirling drive by Craig to recover to P3 by the end.
Race 2 qualified P4 and again got a storming start, however decided when 3 wide into turn 1 discretion was the better part of valor and backed off into 4th. Ran past budlix after he ran wide and watched Joao make a most dramatic barrel roll off the curb and moved up to P2. :). Tyre's dropped off big style after than and just hung on for 2nd at the end.
In all i can summarize like this:
  • if you don't have this game/some content - BUY IT
  • If you have content but don't race here at RD - RACE IT
I guarantee you have fun its awesome. Kjell even found time to do the pots:D
Kjell, as always mate, thank you for organizing a wonderful event. Everyone, thank you so much for a good nights racing fun.

Until Thursday fellas, take it easy.
@Matej Lakota stop reading this and get back to work!!!!

Yeah was great, i was a bit more aggressive defending than i usually am, i just really really wanted to win :whistling:
Hope you found it fair racing though, being clean and fair is what i try and pride myself on, just sometimes it doesn't quiet work :) (usually due to too much ambition, not enough skill...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%