AC Multiclass Cup Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @Imola, Wednesday 14th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
hi, i see that the event uses chat in discord. I have the discord app open, but where exactly am i supposed to go, is there a specific channel for this event? sorry, haven't really used this app!
2021-04-14_18-42-37.jpg

one more question - in simracing.gp where we pick the model and livery of our car, does that apply when it comes to the race? in the RD server, it doesn't seem like i get to pick a livery (defaulted)

Han, yes I've installed the app. I wanted to find out if the volume settings for input/output were roughly in the correct position.

Last edited:
I'm never sure that I can be heard on Discord. Can folks hear me?
Do these settings look correct?
View attachment 465169

I definitely heard you before. There can be issues if you are going between a headset and a vr headset though... I think you need to manually change them innthat same menu. There is a few people that are fairly low on the volume alright. If you right click on people names in the chat you can boost their volume for yourself. I have @Kek700 up to 200% but he is still quite hard to hear. I'd say you could nearly double your input volume ernie!

Last edited:
I felt like leclerc and vettel in the SF1000, about 0.8s slower in the straight, i had way too much rear wing but didn't notice until racing with the others :roflmao:

Thank you everyone for the good race and battle, and my apologies to @colin for the contact, it was a confusing moment with the lapping and i was trying to invent something to compensate my lack of speed in the straight, i shouldn't have done that move.

Thanks for organising @HF2000. Not a great race for me, very wobbly early on and more or less at the back for most of it but I was here for my first multiclass experience . I think I let the faster cars through OK apart from when you and Thomas both lapped me for the 2nd time into T2, I slid a bit and scraped Thomas slightly. Don't think any harm was done though. I found it quite hard sometimes to know if the TTs were going to go inside me on some turns and often went wide thinking if I turn in I will hit them.

Last edited:
I felt like leclerc and vettel in the SF1000, about 0.8s slower in the straight, i had way too much rear wing but didn't notice until racing with the others :roflmao:

Thank you everyone for the good race and battle, and my apologies to @colin for the contact, it was a confusing moment with the lapping and i was trying to invent something to compensate my lack of speed in the straight, i shouldn't have done that move.
No problem, it's all a bit frantic with such a speed differential between cars.

Although I finished 10th I had some great battles. Boy its tricky to pull off a clean move.

Thanks for organising @HF2000. Not a great race for me, very wobbly early on and more or less at the back for most of it but I was here for my first multiclass experience . I think I let the faster cars through OK apart from when you and Thomas both lapped me for the 2nd time into T2, I slid a bit and scraped Thomas slightly. Don't think any harm was done though. I found it quite hard sometimes to know if the TTs were going to go inside me on some turns and often went wide thinking if I turn in I will hit them.
Thanks everyone for showing up! All 24 started, that's great.

It was my first multiclass experience in the faster car and I must say that it was harder than I thought.
To estimate if you can do the overtake before the next turn was often difficult. I think I have divebombed a few Mazda's unintentionally, especially when in battle with Ernie or Thomas. I don't think it causes the Mazda go off but maybe the driver lost quite some time. My apologies for that.

Congrats to the podiums and I hope to see you all next week!

Last edited:
Thanks @HF2000 for organizing, was a great success again. Congrats to Erik and Yohan, great times.

I expected the Audi to be a faster car than it actually is but it was very forgiving and easy to drive. Even with wing set to the lowest (-4?, what does minus even mean in that context?) the car was very stable. Too bad I never had any real battles going on. P1 and 2 were in sight most of the time but no way of catching them. All the Mazdas did a great job as well :thumbsup:

Thanks for the race, guys. I had to fight for 8th place, thanks for the clean battles, especially Colin.

Almost totally clean race for me, I was very careful trying to pass the Mazdas but I went up the inside of Felix on a left hander a bit too close and we had a slight touch. I don't think any harm was done but apologies, anyway.

Thanks @HF2000 for organizing, was a great success again. Congrats to Erik and Yohan, great times.

I expected the Audi to be a faster car than it actually is but it was very forgiving and easy to drive. Even with wing set to the lowest (-4?, what does minus even mean in that context?) the car was very stable. Too bad I never had any real battles going on. P1 and 2 were in sight most of the time but no way of catching them. All the Mazdas did a great job as well :thumbsup:
-4 means negative 4 degrees angle relative to the body, static angle of the wing. I think you need to add the car body's actual AOA to get the effective angle of the wing. No idea what kind of AOA range you could expect from that car.

Looking at the car's data it seems that there's no difference in the rear wing downforce from from -4 to 0 degrees, but there's a minuscule difference in the drag with 0 wing having no drag. I believe all those are effective angles, not the static ones.

You can open Wings app (need to enable dev apps in AC) and see all the wings angles as well as downforce and drag produced.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I actually had an issue with my setups for this event. When i was practicing by myself in the few days prior, i had no issue and made changes to my car's setup which i felt comfortable with. However, once i joined the event today, i noticed that the setups i saved suddenly gave very weird live values (as per the pit setup screen). For example, the ride height was way off, showing i had ~125mm in the front and ~140mm in the rear when i was sure it was more like 132/135mm. Also, i noticed the camber and toe values to be off as well, the left and right sides giving wild values even though the setting is the same. I drove a bit, reloaded the setups, even re entered the server but it was the same, so i ended up redoing it and saving it under new filenames. This worked, however, to make the live values to what i want them to be, the settings ended up being asymmetrical. Just wondering if this applied to anyone else?

Cheers

Thank you for the enjoyable race guys! I wanted to write this last night but I had to take the dog for the long walk before bedtime . . . :rolleyes:

I ended up last of the Audis but all at the hand of my own mistakes so, lots learned. I had a few good fights on the first laps and gained some places, and then lost them by outbraking myself into the gravel. I yet raced more carefully than before overall and that paid off with my first race with zero incidents so I am happy with that achievement. :cool: However, I quite struggled with finding consistency in general, especially on traffic. Imola is a true prima-donna that punishes the smallest mistakes with a big slap on your face.

I want to say that the guys in the Mazdas did great on traffic. When I had to overtake almost everybody behaved predictably so, chapeau chaps! :thumbsup: It was indeed difficult to measure the speed difference so I overshot a couple of times, going off-track and having to do the overtake again... at a better place. Sorry if I disjointed anybody's racing line then.

It all got easier half-way the race. I managed to find a decent pace at the end, hopefully I'll find it much earlier next time. The big takeaway from this race for me: practice my braking.

I'll see you at the next one gents! Curious about what the 'small surprise' will be... :D

Could barely complete one lap in qualify due to being late (yesterday was a mess of a day for me :( ) and setting a wrong fuel quantity, but I don't think that I would have had a better position if I could complete a couple more laps.
The race was challenging and interesting at the beginning, got a little hit at the chicane but didn't lost too much time despite ending up in the gravel. The Mazda pack was relatively tight and I was chasing @garyb 76 up until I spun somewhere and as my pace was not on par with the others, I couldn't catch up the pack. Some interesting battle with David Jevons (how could I find his username here to tag him?), as both of us did some errors and were exchanging our positions (last and penultimate.. :O_o: ) up until I lost control at the Acque Minerali at the last lap and he hit me one on side. Sorry for that, if you read here.

The multiclass does give the race that bit of a thrill for us backmarkers which otherwise would have very lonely races (except for this one). However I'm starting to feel the bitterness of not being able to progress and I'm starting to see the border between being a backmarker in progress and feeling the race as a frustration approaching faster and faster. :redface:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years