AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Vallelunga, Wednesday 3rd November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, that was another fun one. Didnt have much practice so in qualy there was not much pace. Only qualified in eigth so expectations were not that high. But in race I got more confident every lap, had a good start and a again a super fight with Richard for the position. Giuliu ahead had good pace but he was unlucky when lapping and I could benefit of that for the position. After that I was couple seconds behind @Kek700 Ernie, but he was actually the same pace as me could not get much closer, nonetheless it was fun every lap to see who could squeeze out more of ther Audi. Think I did a 1.43.0 without PTP, so I was ok with the improvement compared to qualy and making no mistake in the race.
Think my fuel calculation was for 27.5 laps but apparently that didnt match somehow as I got over the line for last lap with only 0.8 laps of fuel left. So had to save fuel and lost ten seconds but could maintain P4.
Thanks @HF2000 Han for organizing and congrats to winners and podium.
cu next time

First of all many Thanks to han not only for organizing but also for his caring and suport which makes this series a pleasure to race in :inlove:

For me:

I actually got a purple sector in the multiclass, felt really good to be faster than the Audists.
( OK, OK, I won the start and it didn´t last long, but it felt g o o d :D)

All in all I can´t complain, lost some places in the third ( actually felt first) corner kerfuffle, got them handed back by individual mistakes in front of me, had a lot of work to get around Hans-Peter ( Han also so I don´t feel to bad :rolleyes:)

After an individual mistake by my own making I was slowly reeling in Han ( About a tenth per lap so he is not the only one who could have used another 45 minutes racetime :geek:) when desaster hit with the Audists train lapping.

We already discussed it in the Discord, I don´t think there is any blame to go around.
I didn´t turn in on them for about three times and lost loads of time in comparison to Han.
But thats multiclass racing, sometimes you loose, sometimes the others win :cautious:)

All in all apleasure to race with you, have fun at Feldbergring.

MFG Carsten

Edith: ah F.... it still lets me only join with the Audi.
so be it, in ( again) with the armored transport :O_o:

Last edited:
Edith: ah F.... it still lets me only join with the Audi.
so be it, in ( again) with the armored transport :O_o:
That's because you already participated in the Audi in a previous event in this championship. You can't switch car within a championship.

Yes, in the middle of the race I noticed that you were slightly faster but that was until I discovered that with another approach of the Cimini's I gained about half a second in total towards Campagnano.

Thanks to everyone for participating and congratulations to the podium guys!

I had another great race. I was not fast in qualifying (4th) and immediately lost some positions at the start. I tried to regain a position in Semaforo, but there was some contact with another MX5 and I went off. Almost last I had to catch up now (the story of my life, you might say) but I think that's quite fun and rewarding. In that process I had a really fierce but fair battle with @hape that I was eventually able to win on the inside of the Tornantino (love that name!). At that point I had my 4th position back but I even got on the podium when @Axel Moebius decided to blow up his engine (thanks Axel :thumbsup::D). Then I slowly won over Florian, narrowing the gap on the last lap from 15s to about 1.5s, but unfortunately it didn't come to a fight. Still happy with third place after what happened on lap 1.

I've been organizing this multiclass for over half a year now and I find it not boring at all. The friendly nature of the cars makes the events more relaxed than the GT or the classic car races. No need for long practice sessions for setups and stuff, especially if you already know the track. And of course it is very nice to have a decently filled grid every time. So a lot of fun for a limited investment in time.

I hope you all feel the same about these Wednesday events so that I can continue it into 2022, probably with the occasional experiments (like the Skoda Octavia instead of the Audi for example).

Next week a track that's definitely in my top 3 of favorite circuits, the Feldbergring. It's the 4th race of the @Fat-Alfie 's championship (one spot left).
Really looking forward to driving the Mazda for an hour in the mountainous part of Germany and to see you all there on track!

Last edited:
Despite being one of my favourite tracks, I found that one a bit frustrating. I had a great start and reasonable pace for once, running in the 1:53s by the end of the race but a couple of mistakes and unfortunate incidents meant I had to make my way back from last twice. I still need to work on being consistent.

....I tried to regain a position in Semaforo, but there was some contact with another MX5 and I went off. Almost last I had to catch up now (the story of my life, you might say) but I think that's quite fun and rewarding.
The other MX-5 was me, I think. I had a look at the replay and it seemed like a racing incident to me but do let me know if you disagree @HF2000.

I had a really fun battle with Sander coming back through the pack. Lots of ducking and diving with no contact :thumbsup:

Despite being one of my favourite tracks, I found that one a bit frustrating. I had a great start and reasonable pace for once, running in the 1:53s by the end of the race but a couple of mistakes and unfortunate incidents meant I had to make my way back from last twice. I still need to work on being consistent.

The other MX-5 was me, I think. I had a look at the replay and it seemed like a racing incident to me but do let me know if you disagree @HF2000.

I had a really fun battle with Sander coming back through the pack. Lots of ducking and diving with no contact :thumbsup:
Hi David,

I've seen the replay. Race incident for sure. It was crowded in that turn and very difficult to have awareness of others. First you gave Hape a little bump which prevented him to turn in so he had to slow down to get the car under control. I tried to pass him by going in the gap on the inside thus coming into your raceline. Your bump made me go off but I can understand that you couldn't avoid me.

Again a simple race for me the front four were out of my league, so no worries there.
Started steadily at the start waiting for a freeze, nothing, everyone else had gone for it, lost a load of places, bugger.
My starts are really terrible, and no clutch allowed so no complaints there.
:-(
It was just a matter of trying not to upset any Mazda’s not easy on this circuit, I had one transgression which I got away with, but the Mazda’s were really good, I think most are now really good at dealing with it all now.
Had a great mind game with Giulio, wilt no one to bother me I had all the advantages, so it was many laps before a mistake occurred which I took, great racing Giulio, especially considering I had all the advantages.
It was only near the end that I spotted Thomas catching, fortunately there was no laps left for Thomas, even though I got very held up by a Mazda, little did it matter, unknown to me Thomas was running out of fuel.
Well done podiums, and a big Thankyou to the Mazda drivers and of course @HF2000 for a really great event.
:)

And while it is on my mind another big Thankyou to @HF2000 and @Interslice
for all the efforts this year, we would be at a loss without you both, especially considering the great events that you have been organising for us .

CEF37E9C-4E73-496C-9B60-EA2E9549CC5A.gif

Last edited:
I'd like to practice, but I can't find any links here, or on SGP for the feldbergring or anything. ALso, I'm sorry for being unreliable. Yes my stats are bad. I'm trying to change that.

Last edited:
I'd like to practice, but I can't find any links here, or on SGP for the feldbergring or anything.
Frank, what is it that you want? You're not in the championship so you can't race with us this Wednesday.
But the link is as always under the Other AC Events button on the left.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back