AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ TT-Assen, Wednesday 21st April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Did you guys find any track guide or replay? I just found a couple of clips recorded IRL but as usual I'm a lot fare from those lap times. I tried a race against 100% AI and could win without problems, but I don't know how realistic this criteria is on a mod.
Gosh Omar. You take this very seriously :D . I've only done one short race with AI to test this event and I plan to do some practice of max. 1 hour before the race. It's for most of us a new track so everybody has to find his way here.
The AI is not very good with the Audi so it's not a good benchmark that you have won that race.
After the race I will probably watch the replay from the winner to see what he does different.

So, for the race I have switched and am going to race the Mazda. Totally new experience, especially being the slower car in a multiclass. I have just about worked out how the car likes to be driven and I think it suits me. Need to see how far off a competitive time I am.

Question, what times is the practice server up and how do I find it?

Also, I have my RD account linked properly to Discord now so I can join the chat this week.

So, for the race I have switched and am going to race the Mazda. Totally new experience, especially being the slower car in a multiclass. I have just about worked out how the car likes to be driven and I think it suits me. Need to see how far off a competitive time I am.

Same here, I also switched to the MX5 so there are more slots "available" for those who would like to have a go in the Audi. I think Assen is a pretty good track for Multi-Class with plenty of straight sections to pass. Felt safe to switch on this one. ;)

Last edited:
Gosh Omar. You take this very seriously :D . I've only done one short race with AI to test this event and I plan to do some practice of max. 1 hour before the race. It's for most of us a new track so everybody has to find his way here.
The AI is not very good with the Audi so it's not a good benchmark that you have won that race.
After the race I will probably watch the replay from the winner to see what he does different.

Well, one hour is more or less what I usually do for tracks that I know to make sure I understand how to drive the MX5 around them. For tracks I don't know, I also have to learn the track :)
The main thing for me is not to be too much in the way of faster drivers, a thing that is most likely to happen if I don't know the tack well enough, and especially on this track where the suggested line appears and disappears at random :O_o:

However the race I won was 24x MX5 :roflmao: so no worries for the Audis, and neither for the MX5, as - as I wrote above - I'm few seconds behind the only timed lap I found on Youtube :redface:

Last edited:
Well, one hour is more or less what I usually do for tracks that I know to make sure I understand how to drive the MX5 around them. For tracks I don't know, I also have to learn the track :)

Be sure you practice on the correct layout: Autosport. There's also a Motorsport layout which looks similar but it's not exactly the same. Last time I had to race in Assen i practiced on the wrong layout. Felt like a date with a girl whose profile picture doesn't match the reality. :roflmao:

Last edited:
Be sure you practice on the correct layout: Autosport. There's also a Motorsport layout which looks similar but it's not exactly the same. Last time I had to race in Assen i practiced on the wrong layout. Felt like a date with a girl whose profile picture doesn't match the reality. :roflmao:

Thanks for the heads up Raul, actually I had a hard time understanding which layout was the one where we were supposed to race.
I eventually chose the Autosport ;)

Sorry guys have to drop out and as the surver is launching just now, I can't cancel my registration. Have to help out a friend on a short notice.

Wish you all a good race

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for joining and being so understanding for the server problems.
I hope everyone still had a fun race.
Being in a 'Dutch' train as frontrunners of the Mazda's I certainly enjoyed the race.

Next week we will use a RD server from the start. I hope that goes right because I have little experience with that. This Sunday with the GT3 on Assen will be my first time so fingers crossed.

Going back to the RD servers has also some advantages. We can now go next Wednesday to Portimao, a track that isn't available on s.gp yet. The F1 will be there on the Sunday and so will our GT3 event.

Finally I want to alert you for the Nordschleife events on 12 and 16 May. They are on s.gp but I will use RD servers for it. For those who don't know the 25km circuit, start practicing on time. Don't bother for optimizing lap times, just make sure you know the track. It's a lot of fun learning it (at least that's what I think) and it's very useful if you're have plans to drive it with your own car sometimes.

Hope to see you next week in the Algarve!

Thanks for the race. First time racing the Mazda and a hard lesson.

In offline practice I was doing low 1.59s, high 1.58s but couldn't get a decent rhythm in the race and spun a few times on the kerbs. I was hit early on and was pushing too hard to catch up, ended up falling further behind.

I may race the Audi in the next one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back