AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ TT-Assen, Wednesday 21st April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the race. First time racing the Mazda and a hard lesson.

In offline practice I was doing low 1.59s, high 1.58s but couldn't get a decent rhythm in the race and spun a few times on the kerbs. I was hit early on and was pushing too hard to catch up, ended up falling further behind.

I may race the Audi in the next one.
Hi Doug, that would be me running up the inside at the hairpin, sorry for ruining both our races, hopefully we can fight again next time!

Thanks everyone for joining and being so understanding for the server problems.
I hope everyone still had a fun race.
Being in a 'Dutch' train as frontrunners of the Mazda's I certainly enjoyed the race.

Next week we will use a RD server from the start. I hope that goes right because I have little experience with that. This Sunday with the GT3 on Assen will be my first time so fingers crossed.

Going back to the RD servers has also some advantages. We can now go next Wednesday to Portimao, a track that isn't available on s.gp yet. The F1 will be there on the Sunday and so will our GT3 event.

Finally I want to alert you for the Nordschleife events on 12 and 16 May. They are on s.gp but I will use RD servers for it. For those who don't know the 25km circuit, start practicing on time. Don't bother for optimizing lap times, just make sure you know the track. It's a lot of fun learning it (at least that's what I think) and it's very useful if you're have plans to drive it with your own car sometimes.

Hope to see you next week in the Algarve!
Thanks Han for organizing, these races are great fun. We were having quite the battle right when the server went down, and at the restart I sank my own ship and there was no way to catch up to you 3 ahead. Until the next one!

Thank you for the fun race chaps! And thanks Han for resetting all up so quickly after the server crash so we could get back into the action. :thumbsup:

It was also my first race on the Mazda so the goal was to stay on track and not to hit anybody and I quite succeded... heck, I even got consistent laptimes on the very low two's. :D I had a couple of moments off track but only when the Audis came roaring past... it's quite a task letting faster cars go by when you're in a slower class but it really helped that the track has plenty of straights, long and short. I had a lot of fun, stayed between the lines for the most part and got decently consistent so, Mazda's basics: check!

Here's a free tip: :coffee: Something that gave me good oversight was turning the 'track map' on (at the top left). I never use it but I realised this time it could help me 'see' better behind me whenever I got a blue flag (at the top left as well). It helped a lot and made the process quite predictable: you get a flag and you can immediately see next to it how far those fast moving dots are, before they become Audis fighting for position on your rear mirror. It was a good aid to avoid jolting surprises so I can totally recommend it. It made letting faster cars go by easier.

Last edited:
another good race for me,

SPG=Server Problems Guaranteed.

Thought starting at the back was going to give me an easy race, nothing but problems, Colin was obviously quicker, managed due to mx5's to catch and just squeeze by, but from there on had the Rotter giving me grief the whole race, so glad to see the finish flag.

Front runners were in a class of their own, most impressive times, So an apology to mx5's, which again saved my bacon in another race. ( I hope I did take too many liberties, I was a desperate man because of Colin @JamKart22 )
Don't like Assen, looks like an easy circuit, but a few corners are really important and very difficult.
Many thanks to @HF2000 for a great bit of organisation,

Thought starting at the back was going to give me an easy race, nothing but problems, Colin was obviously quicker, managed due to mx5's to catch and just squeeze by, but from there on had the Rotter giving me grief the whole race, so glad to see the finish flag.

Front runners were in a class of their own, most impressive times, So an apology to mx5's, which again saved my bacon in another race. ( I hope I did take too many liberties, I was a desperate man because of Colin @JamKart22 )
Don't like Assen, looks like an easy circuit, but a few corners are really important and very difficult.
Hi Ernie,

You're spot on with your description of Assen but pity you don't like it.
I think that the GT-R will do very well here. Not too much braking and acceleration is of the most importance!

That was an enjoyable battle. Thought you'd crack under the pressure but no such luck. The P2P didn't seem to have much effect so it was very hard for me to find somewhere safe to pass.

Last edited:
Thanks @HF2000 for orgnaising and sorting a back up solution at such short notice.

My first qualy was okay but I fluffed the second qualifying having had a faff finding the server and arrived in a bit of a flap. A good lesson in staying calm. I had a good start and worked my way past @Douglas Aird and @Dzul - although I fear I may have been catalyst for the pile up on the first lap at the hairpin.

I had a good battle with @maxilogan again mid race and eventually got past and caught up to @VinillaIce82 when he made a mistake (i think) but I wasn't fast enough to make any credible attempt to pass. The flying dutchmen upfront were in a league of their own.

I'm enjoying driving the mazda. I find it more adjustable than the Audi which gives more line choices in wheel to wheel battles. Although with no P2P if you make a mistake can find yourself with a rather lonely race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%