AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Silverstone, Wednesday 14th July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
2021-07-13_19-16-53.jpg

I get this error while using password: MW8QP or #MW8QP.

• 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 10 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification 20min (10min TT, 10min MX5)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
It's always in the first post of the thread.

Thanks guys for the race tonight. Only a few Mazda's but it's very fun to drive it here. And Tim and I were close for almost the whole race. But without his shifting error I wouldn't have passed him in the last lap.

Congrats to Audi podium and to Ernie and Tim.

Welcome Des Bain. I hope you liked it although you had a lonely race. Don't let it discourage you. Your lap times were not so bad. When we will have the usual MX5 grid you will not finish last with that pace, I think. And of course you will improve. Tip: save the replay and watch it onboard with Ernie. You can learn a lot from him.

See you all next week on track (or even better, tomorrow)!

Last edited:
Sorry to to Tim and Han for my clumsy move into the Vale, totally out braked myself and while I was trying to avoid Han I realised that Tim was turning in, so I took to the sausage kerb and clipped Tim as I was airborne. :( Then I rejoined in front of Han, another bad boy move. Licence endorsed and a slap on the wrists I think. :thumbsdown:Other than that an intense race keeping Colin at bay.
Must learn that these Mazda’s are quick in the turns and good on the brakes.

Sorry to to Tim and Han for my clumsy move into the Vale, totally out braked myself and while I was trying to avoid Han I realised that Tim was turning in, so I took to the sausage kerb and clipped Tim as I was airborne. :( Then I rejoined in front of Han, another bad boy move. Licence endorsed and a slap on the wrists I think. :thumbsdown:Other than that an intense race keeping Colin at bay.
Thanks for the apology, Paul. It's Ok for me now.

Ha ha, no problem at all. Han was a gentleman and gave me back position, we continued the same fight for the rest of the race.

The Mazda was a dream drive on this circuit, I had some good luck, just could not shake Han off, and Tim was catching up fast too. So I stopped trying to go quicker and just concentrated on plugging out reasonably constant lap times. Bit of good fortune when Han lost a bit of control in the last two nasty bends. That gave me some breathing space. By then Han had to deal with Tim, so their battle helped me get a gap, that gap stayed virtually the same till the end.
Then something happened to Tim, not sure what.
The time flew by, I knew any mistake and Han and Tim were not far behind.
Audi’s were perfect , for me no trouble at all from them, ( I hope they said the same about me )
I was surprised by how quick the Mazda was in some corner, easily as quick as the Audi’s.
Many thanks to @HF2000 for organisation of the event, looking forward to my holiday drive in the Porsche Cayenne tomorrow night.

The Mazda was a dream drive on this circuit, I had some good luck, just could not shake Han off, and Tim was catching up fast too. So I stopped trying to go quicker and just concentrated on plugging out reasonably constant lap times. Bit of good fortune when Han lost a bit of control in the last two nasty bends. That gave me some breathing space. By then Han had to deal with Tim, so their battle helped me get a gap, that gap stayed virtually the same till the end.
Then something happened to Tim, not sure what.
The time flew by, I knew any mistake and Han and Tim were not far behind.
Audi’s were perfect , for me no trouble at all from them, ( I hope they said the same about me )
I was surprised by how quick the Mazda was in some corner, easily as quick as the Audi’s.
Many thanks to @HF2000 for organisation of the event, looking forward to my holiday drive in the Porsche Cayenne tomorrow night.
I just had a momentary meltdown with the shifter start of the final lap, Han was only 1 second behind so he then got the drop on me down Wellington Straight. I flapped a bit and did it again out of Luffield so he had over a second on my by that point within 4 corners.. :thumbsdown:

Ha ha, no problem at all. Han was a gentleman and gave me back position, we continued the same fight for the rest of the race.
Thanks Tim, I have just had a look at the replay, scary stuff from your point of view as an incoming Audi appeared across your bonnet :confused: :confused: . I should have given both of you the position back.
That was my only real mistake, so I am getting better....................hopefully!
Well done to Marko and Ernie, thanks for organising Han.

Thanks Han, I tried to talk at the time but the button I had bound was playing up, hopefully fixed it for next time. I will try to get into tomorrow’s mystery race if I get home in time.
Paul, It's not problem if you miss qualify. It's only to have a starting order but I doubt if it will reflect the pace of the drivers in the race :p :D .

Last edited:
Thanks for organising, Han. I had a fun race to p5.

After a decent qualifying and a decent start I lost some positions running wide when I got a lag spike going through the complex before the Hanger Straight.

I had a good battle back and forth as I was alternately catching then falling behind due to minor errors. I did hit one Audi early on, misjudged their braking, but we didn't lose position or much time. I'll need to check replay to see who it was. Pete or Thomas, I think. My apologies for the incident.

I finally got clear and up to 5th thanks to some good pace and Mazdas slowing my opponents. Then I tried to reel Andre in for 4th.

He lost time with about 6 laps to go, passing some Mazdas, and I was pushing him hard on the last 5 laps, doing my fastest laps of the race without p2p (I burned it all early on) but he managed to hold the gap at about 2.5 seconds at the end.

Han, I am not sure if held you up when I overtook you on the Hanger Straight. Not long after you said on Discord about Audis watching out for the pace of the Mazdas through the corners. If that was because of me then my apologies, I was trying to avoid messing up anyone's race.

I enjoyed the Audi once I got tuned into it again but can't match the pace of the top three, congratulations to you all.

My first podium so very pleased with that one. Qualified 3rd and finished 3rd but was hounding Paul for the entire race. I was hoping he'd make a mistake but he drove well for the whole 40 mins.

I was pleased that I didn't make any major errors - seemed to miss a gear changing up once but that was it!

Only put 50ltrs in so I'd have run out if I'd done one more lap. Must remember to put more in!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%