AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Sachsenring, Wednesday 22nd September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for organising Han, the race was indeed something! Congrats to the winners... call them survivors!

I had a good qualy and a solid start... until i got Ramsbottomed :roflmao: After recovering from that pinball onslaught I got into a good pace and had a great race with Richard till the very end. Managed to avoid incidents with lapping Audis and flying Mazdas so happy with my result...:thumbsup:

See you at the next one chaps!

(screenshot credits: Dave)
EF98E590-DBD8-4A34-AE6B-F185E8481C52.jpeg

Last edited:
@Allan Ramsbottom
Sorry about the punt, I was so confused as to how it happened I abanded the race.
Looking at the replay I can now get it, we both lifted for the corner, I slightly closed the gap, which is what you would expect, then you touched your brakes to turn the car, that was just enough for the gap to quickly disappear.
Not your fault, but I now get why I hit you. Sorry for losing your place. :(

Very intense race indeed. Let's see how the GT3s are doing here on Sunday. Hitting the apex is even more important on this track than on others. With the speed of the Audi it was difficult so I expect it will be even more difficult with the GT3.

Qualified 5th which was a bit disappointing as I couldn't improve my PB in practice with full tank race setup.

After Ernie disappeared into the ground between T9 and T10, Paul took a walk on the beach and Richard also went off the road I found myself 2nd but with a faster Neil behind me. I had no luck with the Mazdas, so for most of the race Neil was within striking distance, soon joined by Ernie who apparently emerged from his journey to the center of the earth. I hoped they would slow each other down, but it was in vain.

In the closing laps I thought Allan was giving me space to pass on the inside in T4 (that was his intention indeed) but some oversteer from him forced me onto the grass so Neil could pass. Ernie also tried to take advantage but I got him blocked by Allan towards T8. They disappeared from my mirror, so I assume they touched each other. Well still happy with 3rd, could have been 2nd but Neil was faster so he deserved it.

Congratulations to all podium guys, thanks to all Mazda's for their patience, thank you all for participating and hopefully see you next week. I think we (Brain and I) will go for a GP circuit.

And as I said on Discord: you can help me next Tuesday by participating in this event: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...remgarten-tuesday-28th-september-2021.208461/

It's a single event where I want to collect data for a new championship with vintage cars that are very fun to drive. But especially the Mazda drivers can profit from learning to drive these cars because some drifting is in certain turns faster with these cars.

Last edited:
Normally I am reporting from the back of the Audi grid but a decent lap in qualifying put me in P3 for the start behind Richard and Marko, I even surprised myself with that!

But with some very fast guys behind me I knew it was going to be tough to hang on to that position and after the start,(which wasn’t too bad by my standards) Ernie slipped by into T1. But then some network issues caused Marko’s car to do some very strange things and Ernie disappeared into Middle earth only to pop up right in front of me! I could hear the chaos going on behind, it sounded a bit like one of those old war films with the gunners on a bomber plane shouting “ bandits at 12 o’clock......go right...Audi on the left, go right”!
I managed to stay in 4th place for a few laps but had a determined Han all over the back of me and I was struggling with T9, the fast uphill left handed under the bridge. I took too much kerb on the entry and went wide, Han, Neil and Ernie went by so I settled in to what was my normal mid grid position.

Traffic then came into play, the Mazda’s were very quick here, especially in my nemesis corner T9 but I managed to close in on Ernie as he battled with Neil. When Ernie tangled with Allan on the last lap I inherited 4th place so well happy with that. :)

This circuit is a great one to drive but very difficult to pass on, but all credit to all the drivers, especially the Mazda guys for finding places to let the Audi’s through. As always many thanks to Han for setting the race up, looking forward to taking the GT3 around here on Sunday.:thumbsup:

Sorry for yelling and awakening you, but I "ran into" severall of you sleepy heads at Audi corner.

Man, I never made less advantage from knowing the track real life.

"Schwamm drüber" as a German saying goes.

Lets get drunk and move on,

Slainte Carsten
No offence taken whatsoever, if anything the your online coaching helped, especially since I learnt the track in 20mins before joining the server :D

Normally, I'm not a fan of too much Discord while racing but yesterday it seemed to add to the atmosphere of the chaotic race and was very enjoyable :)

New event for next week!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years