AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @Road Atlanta, Wednesday 4th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The game is afoot Watson, as Sherlock Holmes said.

I will have a go at your best time Rasmus to see if I can get near it, just cannot get myself in the mood to setup a car for the Sunday GT3 race. I just do not like this track, but a shot at your personal best is a challenge I cannot resist. :D :D :D :D

PS
No aliens allowed .:roflmao::roflmao:

Fancy some MX-5 hotlapping too? :p

1628175438897.png

Attachments

• RA_MX5_1-05-8.ini
    1,007 bytes · Views: 54
Well, that was an eye-opener for me Rasmus, managed a best of 1-59-0.75 without P2P.
Managed a 1-59-0.65 with.
P2P made no average difference for me, for almost all of the time.
I could get some of 1-59-0.95 , I could get loads if 1-00-02's, but unless i find some freak corner speed somewhere the 2 to 3 tenths was extremely elusive for me.

I am hoping you will not beat it, I just cannot imagine how I can go any faster.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

But that is what makes this sim racing so interesting, Chris would probably be in the 58's. You just cannot believe that someone can find 10 tenths over your massive effort for just two of them.:D:D:D:D

Had a great time trying though, there really is as far as I can tell nothing much in the setups, true with the Mazda also; As I have just found out.
This is what makes it such a good series. Also, I am imagining that as it progresses we are all going to be with 4 or 5 tenths of one and another. That just leaves the race and all of the things that can happen to decide pole positions with everyone in with a shout.:)

I will give the Mazda a shot too, but I am pretty sure that a 1-05-0.8 for me is a bridge too far.

download (100).jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Ernie! What a time!!
I am hoping you will not beat it, I just cannot imagine how I can go any faster.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Well my theoretical best is 59.700 but I really can't be bothered to get a clean lap in with pb's for every corner...
I'm happy that your real lap is faster while my theoretical performance is tiny bit quicker hehe :D
But that is what makes this sim racing so interesting, Chris would probably be in the 58's. You just cannot believe that someone can find 10 tenths over your massive effort for just two of them.:D:D:D:D
Indeed.. Indeed... For me it's totally fine that the really fast guys didn't take part yesterday hehe.
It's awesome to have the quick times for learning and awwing but sometimes it's nice to have a chance to set a pole time haha
I will give the Mazda a shot too, but I am pretty sure that a 1-05-0.8 for me is a bridge too far.
I think you can easily do it now after squeezing everything out of the audi!
I think my setup makes a little difference due to suspension and camber changes. With the default it's impossible to ride some kerbs!

A few notes:
I stay in 5th for T1, only slightly touching the brakes, then going back on throttle in 5th and only shift down when the car is settled.
Then 4th gear until the long straight.
Brake very slightly after just touching the left uphill kerb, smash the car across the right hand kerb and then flat out.
Just fully flat out, everything.

I brake at the dotted line after the entry kerbs begin. Not touching the kerbs for stability.
Shifting down to 3rd, going in a bit carefully and slowly to keep the car to the left and then as early as possible flat out again across the right side apex kerb, onto the exit kerb and then with as little steering as possible to the line.
Shifting into 4th on the crest and up into 5th on the exit kerb/start finish line!

Really tried my bestest, really could not match your Mazda time, but got a very nice setup, by pinching some of yours and altering it to suit me.:D Basically, the same as where I ended up myself before I downloaded your setup.
Nice to see great minds think alike.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Too many corners I am not good with at this circuit, there is a good reason why I find this circuit so bad, just does not suit me.
I improved my average around here by 3 tenths, so that is good, but a 1-5-0.995 was my limit, ok I could have spent the whole evening bashing away at it, but still could not get a 1-5-0.8.
I was on for a 1-5-0.8 quite a few times, but that last chicane always got me, sometimes by a lot more than I am admitting too.:confused:

Really tried my bestest, really could not match your Mazda time, but got a very nice setup, by pinching some of yours and altering it to suit me.:D Basically, the same as where I ended up myself before I downloaded your setup.
Nice to see great minds think alike.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Too many corners I am not good with at this circuit, there is a good reason why I find this circuit so bad, just does not suit me.
I improved my average around here by 3 tenths, so that is good, but a 1-5-0.995 was my limit, ok I could have spent the whole evening bashing away at it, but still could not get a 1-5-0.8.
I was on for a 1-5-0.8 quite a few times, but that last chicane always got me, sometimes by a lot more than I am admitting too.:confused:
Funny that you dislike this cirquit. I absolutely love it!
This smooooooth T1 while always being afraid of sliding wide. Then blindly smashing across the kerb and diving into the madness.
Then chill out while going down the straight, a classic chicane and then some easy rollercoaster with awesome ffb :D

I drove the Mazda with H pattern, no auto clutch and no auto blip.
You only have to downshift from 5th to 3rd into the chicane so heel 'n toe once per lap is doable for me. I can't do it consistently though!

This gives a little bit better acceleration so maybe there's the difference?

I know it is aimed at Rasmus,, but from my point of view……
I did not for a 0.7 but used P2P for a 0.6, generally it was only a help, did not affect my average laps. Or any lap in particular. Maybe someone with a better idea of when it is the most effective to use it may have a different point of view. Would be interested in that for a answer.
I found that the circuit was too disjointed to use P2P, apart from the back straight, I was left confused by it.

Last edited:
Thanks posting this. Great time! I am fairly confident of my lines but the lap would be interesting to see. I will give this setup a try. I am curious having not changed anything in my race to see what it feels like, did you use P2P?
No p2p, it's not available in hotlap mode!
Sadly the replay didn't get saved for whatever reason so I guess I'll need to do another lap :p

Or maybe @Kek700 could upload his replay file?
I know it is aimed at Rasmus,, but from my point of view……
I did not for a 0.7 but used P2P for a 0.6, generally it was only a help, did not affect my average laps. Or any lap in particular. Maybe someone with a better idea of when it is the most effective to use it may have a different point of view. Would be interested in that for a answer.
I found that the circuit was too disjointed to use P2P, apart from the back straight, I was left confused by it.
It wasn't available in hotlap mode but I agree.. Backstraight seems to be the only spot to use it. Maybe start/finish straight but that's probably not even worth a tenth...

No p2p, it's not available in hotlap mode!
Sadly the replay didn't get saved for whatever reason so I guess I'll need to do another lap :p

Or maybe @Kek700 could upload his replay file?

It wasn't available in hotlap mode but I agree.. Backstraight seems to be the only spot to use it. Maybe start/finish straight but that's probably not even worth a tenth...
Thanks. Thats what I saw although I always lost the tenth and more through the chicane on the laps I used it :roflmao:

I have to delete all my replays, just keep the more memorable ones.

But I do have and keep all the Race out 's they take up no memory.

Not sure what you will get from it, as far as I could tell there were no magical driving lines, other than just hanging on for grim death. everywhere. :confused:

I would like to know the chicane, sure I lose a lot of time there, but as Rasmus said, could just be a gearbox versus paddle shifts thing.:)

Attachments

• race_out.json
    7.1 KB · Views: 42
I would like to know the chicane, sure I lose a lot of time there, but as Rasmus said, could just be a gearbox versus paddle shifts thing.:)
Well I do have all the motec files from my laps :D
If you want to compare the chicane there. Or want me to compare the chicane for you/us :)

Tim, I'll try to do another '59 lap tomorrow and then upload the replay + video of the audi and Mazda lap!

Last edited:
I am fairly confident of my lines but the lap would be interesting to see.
Here are the 2 replays in a zip that's renamed to be an ini file to be uploaded...

And here are the videos:
I'll apologize beforehand: I did cut the uphill righthander very slightly. It does cost more time to cut it than to nail it and putting the tyres exactly on the line so don't roast me :p

Attachments

• replays.zip.ini
    413.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back