AC Multiclass Audi TT / Mazda MX5 @ Road Atlanta - Wednesday 12th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fun race even though it was a lot less clean than the usual ones. Had a good start and gained few position, only to lose them immediately by carrying too much speed into T1. The rest of the race was a mix of driving alone as usual but with some "battles" (of very short duration) for position and chase other fellows with similar paces.
Overall, the result was plagued by too many errors (3 big mistakes especially), and that happens more often when I'm racing against other, so keeping focus and being consistent is definitely something I have to get better at.
Especially the last error on the chicane just before the main straight I almost spun then ended up in the middle of the track trying to stop the car in a more controlled fashion to avoid spinning. Code brown for Owen, apologies!

Would anyone please post the results on simresults.net? I tried to, but it told me that it was unable to recover the data..

Yes it take a lot of racing before you can keep your cool under close racing conditions, especially noticed it last night, a couple of Mazdas went off because I was there behind them, I may look like I am pushing them but I am not, need to keep close because although initially it looks like the Audi has plenty of time to overtake that margin soon disappears on the next straight, the Mazdas are deceptively quick.:)

It was a shame there was so many controversial incidents during this race, but with the high number of drivers, the nature of the track and some new names, I guess it was always going to be a difficult time.
As for my race, I didn’t see anything of the incidents as I had my mirrors full of Han and Robert for most of the time.:confused:
Han’s first attempt at passing ended with contact at the last chicane, Han waited for me but for some reason I had no grip going into T1 and slid wide allowing Robert through. Sorry Han for the messy pass, my car seemed attracted to yours, something that was repeated with one lap to go going into the braking zone for the last chicane when Han had to put a wheel on the grass to get by.
But it was a good race long battle with Han and Robert, and as had been said above, the reported incidents are not typical of the standard normally enjoyed by the club members here.
Congrats to the podiums in both classes and thanks Han for organising and for the hard but fair race.:thumbsup:

I had a quite good race with exception of the bumps I received from other drivers not respecting the “rules” more specific the not passing rule for the esses .In respecting that “rule/agrement”I did loose some seconds! I’m not the fastest driver on track, absolutely not but one of my stronger points is consistence en the fact that I’m almost every time faster in difficult corners like the esses…almost every lap when I was just behind another driver I had to slow down/brake to respect that rule and in doing so certainly lost several places. But at least I respected what was asked! I decided not to file a complaint mostly because of the lack of time to watch the complete replay and also because it is just a casaul race where there is nothing to gain or lose ….

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%