AC Multiclass Audi TT / Mazda MX5 @ Road Atlanta - Wednesday 12th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well I still plan to be here tomorrow, but currently the "hot" water in my apt is as cold as my right rear tire on this track :rolleyes::roflmao: , so unless it can thaw itself out tomorrow, I might get randomly called away if a plumber has to show up.

As to the cold tires, I played around with the set up a bit for the Audi and was able to cool down my front right and heat up the front left and back left, but that back right tire just refuses to budge past blue. Any tips? or is this just sort of how it goes with FWD here and it can be ignored?
I've never been able to get all 4 tyres to be in the green on the Audi or Mazda on any track so don't worry about it.

I've just been told our broadband is down and won't be fixed until tomorrow so I'm going to have to withdraw. I'll withdraw on simracing.gp in case anyone wants the slot.

Should be a great race on that track with so many entrants. Such a shame to have to miss it. Have fun!

But what about mobile data cellular hotspot?

Unfortunately this is easily the dirtiest race I've ever had the misfortune to take part in at RaceDepartment. Taken out by someone who had exactly 0% chance of making the corner and watching them divebomb 3 Mazdas when they were already 3 wide... yeah I'd rather disconnect and spend an extra hour enjoying the evening with my wife instead if that's the quality of racing that's on display today. :)

My VR onboard where you can judge this behaviour for yourself:

Also my WR for people asking:

Last edited:
I have to admit also, that winning is not everything. It is about driving, have fun and respecting each other.

With Mazdas I miss braking point and i am sorry for that for Mazda driver! It was not purpose!

Nobody is alone, on track and nobody is perfect!

But in today race Chris I expected from You that driver like You, do not hit a car in front three times from behind in 15 to 20 seconds.

Sorry. You and me are even!

Last edited:
Yes,
quite a lively race that in no means stands up to our usual standards..

As for dirty laundry, please do that in PM.

And a pro tipp for the beginners:

when you change from Qualy to race setup

TRIPPLECHECK

that AC has safed the new setup.

As I started with qualifuel I had to stop for a quick P&G ( piss an gas) :cry:
(Didn´t do me any good with regards to my position.)

Let´s do better next time,

Have a good night Carsten

I got off to such a great start, but then hit the gas too early while I was still partially on the curb at turn 5. Spun out and race over for me, for all intents and purposes. And then I discovered I forgot to refill my fuel between qualifying and the race! Doh! Well, at least I didn't hit anyone this time. :)

Ernie, sorry again for the mixup in turn 7 there. I was trying to let you go by on the outside - should have said something.

But, yeah, there were a few people out there who couldn't seem to follow the simple rules - especially about no passing in the esses. That was disappointing.

To all but especially the new guys: I want to apologize for the behaviour of certain participants. I assure you that this is an exception and normally we have clean and respectful racing. So please if you had a negative experience tonight, don't be put off and try our events at least one more time.

All the formal reports I get through a PM will be investigated and if applicable will be passed to the RD incident committee to see if any action needs to be taken.

I usually on average have pretty bad luck with the Mazda's, but there were so many, my rotten luck was just piling up, must have lost 30 seconds, yes I did count, a sad thing that i am. :unsure:
You can use your wit's against the odd one, but five or six in a row and I just always seemed to get clobbered right where all I can do is sit behind.
Not the Mazda's fault at all I may add, just so frustrating especially when you are being chased, I lost 6 seconds just in one section when I had been trying to keep the 1/10ths from disappearing.
But " HEY HO" really enjoyed myself, one of the most fun but frustrating races I have had, great battle with Neil, unfortunately, the rotter beat me, as much as I tried to close the gap, it was all down to the only mistake I made in the race, that's fate for you.
p01hgccv.jpg

An event to remember, I am sure @HF2000 is being inundated with emails, hope none are about me.:O_o:

PS
enjoyed listening to all the banter.:)
Double PS
I did manage a pass on Chris in the first corner, now that's a first for me. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Well that was some good old fashion Atlanta traffic :rolleyes::whistling::roflmao:

Tony, sorry again for that bump. Saw you lose speed coming out of T1 and I got greedy hoping to make it past you into the esses. Overshot my braking point and it seemed like locking up was a worse option than just trying to run it off onto the run off and give you a clear road. Obviously it did not work out as intended :redface:

Besides that, I started p8, followed @HF2000 and @Shed 17 closely for a few early laps until they had a little contact and I was able to sneak by. The next 15 min or so in P6 was good and clean on my end and I was slowly closing in on Collin (I think), but all it took was one too aggressive move by me :O_o:(see above lol) to bump me back to P8 right behind Han and Paul, once again :D. Spent the rest of the race in a three way accordion with them, with the gap opening and closing depending on the traffic. In the end, I got a good view of a very close finish between the two (+.7s & +.5s split to me :thumbsup:) and my qualifying position.

Thanks as always for hosting this, and congrats to the winners (and survivors lol)

Last edited:
Well that was some good old fashion Atlanta traffic :rolleyes::whistling::roflmao:

Tony, sorry again for that bump. Saw you lose speed coming out of T1 and I got greedy hoping to make it past you into the esses. Overshot my braking point and it seemed like locking up was a worse option than just trying to run it off onto the run off and give you a clear road. Obviously it did not work out as intended :redface:

Besides that, I started p8, followed @HF2000 and @Shed 17 closely for a few early laps until they had a little contact and I was able to sneak by. The next 15 min or so in P6 was good and clean on my end and I was slowly closing in on Collin (I think), but all it took was one too aggressive move by me :O_o:(see above lol) to bump me back to P8 right behind Han and Paul, once again :D. Spent the rest of the race in a three way accordion with them, with the gap opening and closing depending on the traffic. In the end, I got a good view of a very close finish between the two (+.3s & +.5s split to me :thumbsup:) and my qualifying position.

Thanks as always for hosting this, and congrats to the winners (and survivors lol)
No problem Robert, I was getting used to it by then!

;)

Well, definitely far from a boring race for everyone, either racing alone and listening to the radio (my case on second half) or for the others in somehow involved in the "events"...

I know this track from other sims but in AC was my very first time. The fact of not having to recall the track helps to focus on finding time in the car/turns/chicanes. Very fun and clear to realize that.

Race was clear that "events" would happen in t1, first chicane and so on. Did a careful start not worrying for positions at that moment awaiting for the spins. Worked nicely and then some battles with Tom and Douglas. Tom has more pace and didn't take long to pass, but Douglas I could hold him for long enough so later I guess he ended up losing pace and then a nice and fun second half.

I'm here for about 4 months and I can tell from the rookie's perspective that loads of events tonight (I was close enough to see plenty... lol) were from newbies that wouldn't want to make that if they could avoid. We are all learning to make this every time a more fun experience and that's part of the show I guess.

"Carreras son carreras", Fangio.

All the best!

Slightly disappointing qualifying for me as I was quite a way off my best and messed up my last flying lap.

Ok start, tried to keep out of trouble but despite that had a couple of side to side contacts with Tom Seddon. I think they were 50/50 and it did not affect us much, Tom soon got past and up the road.

Race pace was a bit off until near the end, apart from a battle with Fabiano for a few laps my main fight at the end was trying to lap Raul.

Well done, Allan, for the Mazda win.

I agree with Han, normally racing is a lot cleaner. Fortunately I was not affected by any dodgy overtakes by the Audis and the Mazdas I was racing with were fair.

Han, thanks for organising and good luck reviewing the reported incidents.

What a race. It was like Oprah was on track giving incidents left and right. :confused: But I completely agree with what Han said, the amount of incidents on this race is an exception and we indeed normally have clean and respectful racing. So, don't let this one put you off for the next one... :thumbsup: And I can vouch that sticking to the race is worth it... since I had a false start and was sent to the pits, starting a minute behind everyone else. My first one, hopefully my last one. I had a slippery qualy setup and that did not help my race, especially in traffic. And I had heavy traffic, for the most through the esses which was not good for my blood pressure. Early on I had an overenthousiastic Audi take me out exiting that corner Han couldn't figure out (neither me on this setup). I had to let the entire train pass by before rejoining. Double damage after the pit-start. I considered bailing out but heck, I like you lot too much to leave just for being dead last so I decided to bring up the rear in style. I had a few good battles with Fabiano and Doug... I think that chicane just doesn't like you amigo. ;) I witnessed bumper-car incidents that looked straight out a public server... hopefully these will be reported, looked into, dealt with and not be repeated in the future. Sometimes apologizing goes a long way so, check your own race on the replay and reach out if something went wrong. We're a community that values respect, which is given and taken. At least I believe that still. :coffee:

Congratulations to the winners and podiums! I'll hit the pillow now and put this last place behind . Looking forward to the next one... buenas noches!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.7%
  • < 5 years