Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

After a very intens but fun race on a short track in Berlin. we're going Braselton USA, to the latest version of the Road Atlanta circuit. Please make sure to install the version from the MODS tab on S.GP! Major changes are the more accurate racing lines and grip differences between old asphalt and new patches. So forget about you learned from the old mod.

Please pay attention to the car and track configuration. Conditions will not be optimal at the beginning of the sessions, but will be improved to 100% after about 20 minutes..

RoadAtlanta98b.827fcc2562aad0bdd52a481fdffad525.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3/GT4 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3/GT4 and have a lot of fun at the same time.

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: esports
  • Race server: S.GP Password: esports
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (10 min TT, 10 min MX5)
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class or you will be kicked from the session.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from an Audi, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the Audi by lifting on a straight, but you don't have to! The Audi driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any Audi. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Event details:
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Road Atlanta, USA
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: No
  • Track Temps: 25C air/37C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: starting 94% increasing to 100% after 20 minutes approximately
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:

RaceDepartment Club Rules​

What everybody in this community has in common is that they want to race in the cleanest possible way without the rammers, wreckers and poor attitudes found on public servers.

Events at RaceDepartment.com are therefore governed by our Premium Membership Agreement. The following rules are part of that agreement:

Golden Rule

If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow (or stop your car if necessary) to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

If it's reported and confirmed that you do not allow the driver you disadvantaged to regain their position by the end of that lap then you will receive an immediate 30 day ban from racing on RaceDepartment servers.

Additional Rules​

1. We always use our real name in racing games, while on the forum we have created a special user field in your profile to show your real name to other premium members. Click here if you don't know how to change your in-game name to your real name.
  2. When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. Signing up means you are committed to finishing the entire race.
  3. If you are involved in an accident, do not leave your car parked on the driving line where it can cause interference to other drivers or further accidents. Return to the pit box safely and repair your car to continue the race.
  4. If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.
  5. Never attempt U-turns on the racing line as you will cause an accident.
  6. Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.
  7. Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.
  8. Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member whom organised your race via PM, sending them an incident report that follows the procedure outlined here.
  9. Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc.
  10. During official race sessions (qualification & race) written chat is not allowed.
  11. It's strictly forbidden to record and broadcast the real names of our members and/or TeamSpeak voice-chat via YouTube, Twitch and/or other media unless you have permission from all the drivers in the session to stream it.
Which games do we support?
We currently organise daily club races for the following racing games:
  • Assetto Corsa
  • Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Automobilista 2
  • DiRT Rally 2
  • RaceRoom Racing Experience
  • rFactor 2
What is the difference between Club and League racing?
Club events are for casual racing only. It's not about the winning or losing but about having a good driving experience. This is the perfect environment for your daily races as there is no pressure involved. Fun is King.

Leagues races are more professional and points can be scored for the championship. There is also the pressure of running with some of the best drivers in the simracing community! This does not mean that you need to have alien speed to join our leagues. You will always find drivers of your level in every race.

(#)Set system of punishment for breach of rules (other than the Golden Rule) in club events.
  • 1st offense: PM warning explaining the rule broken, and potential penalty for next infraction.
  • 2nd offense: Two week racing ban.
  • 3rd offense: 30 day racing ban.
  • 4th offense: 1 year racing ban.

I like this new version - it has a nice flow in the TT.

Why so few TTs entered for the race? 18 MX5 v 6 TTs - it's going to get very busy!
Don't know why so few Audi's this time. Maybe there will be some late sign ups because of the many spots of this track.

Turn signals might be handy, too. :)
That´s actually not a bad idea.
As I recently added blinker/wiper/cruisecontrol stacks to my simrig ( for a sim with big and slow cars which shall not be named :redface:) I will see what i can do.

( (BTW, is it me/ my PC or is this track a little heavy on the GPU? I had to "optimize" quite a few settings to get over 60FPS:()

MFG Carsten

( Nope, doesn´t work :unsure: which is a shame.

so we have to use the radio again to get these PitA udis of our back )

It's not just you (though nice to know it's not just my midrange potato :p ). I get 35-50fps depending on the track :rolleyes: but this one pushes it down towards 30fps if I don't change the fidelityFX setting from "balance" to "performance" with a decent size grid, and even then I'm lucky if I'm hitting 38/39fps lol. Hoping a future update removes whatever causes it because it's a fun track to run :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well I still plan to be here tomorrow, but currently the "hot" water in my apt is as cold as my right rear tire on this track :rolleyes::roflmao: , so unless it can thaw itself out tomorrow, I might get randomly called away if a plumber has to show up. Hot water's back, lets race!

As to the cold tires, I played around with the set up a bit for the Audi and was able to cool down my front right and heat up the front left and back left, but that back right tire just refuses to budge past blue. Any tips? or is this just sort of how it goes with FWD here and it can be ignored?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years