AC Multiclass Audi TT/ Mazda MX5 @ RedBullRing National, Wednesday 30th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
With 20 cars on the grid on such a short circuit I never thought that I would have a ‘lonely’ race but as it turned out it was fairly quiet.
Tim kept in touch early on but Allan and Andre just had a bit too much pace.
It did feel a bit like watching a carousel at a fairground though as the the Audi’s lapped...............” there goes Ernie” .......what seemed like 2 minutes later.........”there goes Ernie again”! :D .

But good fun and from what I saw, very considerate and clean driving. Well done all and thanks Han for another great event.

On another subject, I am a bit new to Discord and I seem to be having trouble with “ open mic” . Can anyone point me in the direction of how to set up a push to talk button on the wheel that I can use direct in Discord? I currently only have one screen and have been using a separate tablet to log into Discord. I did try to overlay Discord in game but it doesn’t seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.:thumbsup:.
Have a good break Han.

This race was a blast! :laugh: At least for me... had a lousy start and first laps and had to work to get places back. Managed to find my pace quicker than expected and did a few passes, some on track, some due to people going gardening and some aided by the Audis. I must say that the experience of all previous races payed off in traffic today coz I managed zero mistakes, quite pleased with that.

Dave and I had a long, close fight that many a time got hectic due to Audis racing each other and trying to lap us at the same time. It was funtastic, hope you also enjoyed the fight @davejevons :D And completely agree with the others, thanks to everyone for such an amicable but competitive event, you lot are true gentlemen racers.

Multiclass + small track + 20+ entries = Major fun! :thumbsup: Thanks again Han and have a good holiday!

Last edited:
A lot of good fortune, I am pleased about that, had a gap that really helped me as the Mazdas were about to be lapped. Michael was breathing down my neck every time a bunch of mazdas appeared, but again, lucky for me he had problems too.
Shadowed me for most of the race, the gap I had was my saviour, so I was never really under pressure.
The Mazdas made the race, had an interesting time trying to safety navigate them.
They are quick in some place, it can take you by surprise, you think you have time, then it quickly runs out as you approach the corner.
The Audi’s could be very difficult to overtake, very lucky again not to have that as a problem in this race.
Cheers @HF2000 for the organisation, considering the general poor turn out of late, this proved to be a very good formula.. :)

PS
have a great time with your break Han.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing, Han.

I agree that everyone was well behaved, although I did have to move over a bit as the odd Audi squeezed up the inside.

Stressful day today and only made it for practice with 20 minutes to spare. Got a decent lap then some high fuel running.

I have no idea where my qualifying lap came from! A full 0.6 seconds quicker than any I had done previously.

Got a good start and a small gap to P2. A couple of mistakes saw me dropping back to P2 but keeping pace. Then Andre got past me into T1 and I hit him on the exit when I misjudged the overspeed I had. Fortunately I only spun myself not Andre. Lost a lot of places, though.

After that I had some good battles back up to P4 of the Mazdas, while keeping out of the way of the Audis.

Fun race and I would be delighted to race more shots tracks, like Silverstone National.

Last edited:
On another subject, I am a bit new to Discord and I seem to be having trouble with “ open mic” . Can anyone point me in the direction of how to set up a push to talk button on the wheel that I can use direct in Discord?
Go into your discord. No need to click on a channel or else, just open the program. Also start your wheel. At the bottome left you see your profile picture and name. Next to it is a mic, head phones and a cog wheel/gear symbol. Click on it and it opens up the settings. There you will find an option called "Voice & Video". Here you can set your input and output device and also set the input mode to "Push to talk" Try to bind the key to one of your wheel buttons. On my Fanatec Elite it was not a problem. Discord should recognize wheels without a hassle.

Last edited:
That was one of the most enjoyable races I've had this year :) - really good fun! From my perspective, the standard of driving was very high this evening. The Audis were patient and blasted past on the straights and the other MX-5s applied pressure without touching and kept the racing very clean.

I never really unlocked this track and was significantly slower than my usual peers. Hence, I decided to focus on not crashing and hope they made some mistakes. It worked surprisingly well and I'm pleased to have not had any offs or spins in this one.

T2 was a mystery to me all race long. There are 17 different lines through there - all of which are slower than whatever @Douglas Aird and @a_murel were doing.

I had an okay start and made a few places in T1 and T2 including @Dzul who...
... had a lousy start...
His super wide line into T2 enabled me to get past and I settled in to following Richard and trying to poach some of his lines. Eventually I dropped back and @Douglas Aird got past, recovering from his spin. I had hoped he might drag me back to Richard but instead I drifted back for an epic back and forth battle with @Dzul.

He was significantly faster than me but was too nice to just send it into one of the tighter corners and we scrapped for many laps together without touching. Eventually I made a mistake and he got past. However @Dzul was being very nice to the Audis (too nice?) and on several occasions I nearly scraped through following one of them.

Thanks to all of you for the great racing :thumbsup:

Go into your discord. No need to click on a channel or else, just open the program. Also start your wheel. At the bottome left you see your profile picture and name. Next to it is a mic, head phones and a cog wheel/gear symbol. Clock on it and it opends up the settings. There you will finde an option called "Voice & Video". Here you can set your input and output device and also set the input mode to "Push to talk" Try to bind the key to one of your wheel buttons. On my Fanatec Elite it was not a problem. Discord should recognize wheels without a hassle.
Additional: you need to install the app. In the browser version push-to-talk is not working.

Go into your discord. No need to click on a channel or else, just open the program. Also start your wheel. At the bottome left you see your profile picture and name. Next to it is a mic, head phones and a cog wheel/gear symbol. Click on it and it opens up the settings. There you will find an option called "Voice & Video". Here you can set your input and output device and also set the input mode to "Push to talk" Try to bind the key to one of your wheel buttons. On my Fanatec Elite it was not a problem. Discord should recognize wheels without a hassle.
Brilliant! Thanks Stefan, I will give it a go tomorrow. :thumbsup: .

Additional: you need to install the app. In the browser version push-to-talk is not working.
Great, thanks Han.
If you need more help just let me know. Thats what I did besides my university studies. 7 years of first and second level IT support :D
you may regret letting us all know that Stefan, :D :D :D But your expertise will be very welcome for old gits like me!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really enjoyable night of racing - thanks to all!

Had some great battles with a few Audi’s, and the MX5’s really added a strategic element to managing overtaking opportunities. As has already been said, standard of driving was very good all round from my POV :)

TV style replay:

Last edited:
Really enjoyable night of racing - thanks to all!

Had some great battles with a few Audi’s, and the MX5’s really added a strategic element to managing overtaking opportunities. As has already been said, standard of driving was very good all round from my POV :)

TV style replay:

Great video, Adrian. Thanks! Really a joy to watch.
And it's been said before but it's very clear in this vid: the Audi drivers were very respectful towards the Mazda's and the Mazda's did a great job by being predictable. So kudo's for you all!
I'm very lucky with such a great audience for my events!

Guys,

From your posts and my own experience, this short track formula is a lot of fun.
How about I organize on the same night, two races on a short track for 25 or 30 minutes where everyone switches from car class for the second event? With a 15-20 minute pause between the races.
If you keep liking this, I can select other short tracks (lap times Audi close to 1 min) and do these 2-race events between F1 weeks on normal circuits and the coming 5-event Championship (once a month).

Wow! Thanks for the video @Mr Chip! I'm going to take a looong lunch break to watch it! :thumbsup:
Fantastic! Funny also how all Mazdas are red, haha! :D Good to have the names underneath.

At first, when Raul en Doug convinced me to race in ACC, we had (well all had) so many things to deal with. Like going back into Steam which was really a hustle because it seemed I allready registered back in 1938 with offcourse not remembering my logins, setting the game up, connecting to discord which was new to me, became a member @ Race department and coming from iRacing I had some doubts... but... The race last night convinced me that it was alllll worth it!

This is what we all want I think, a small track, lots of cars and a very competitive and respectful pack of drivers!

What a race, like I said, short track means getting into a rhythm, ideal for sim racing! It started with a proud making blistering lap of Douglas 00:58.8970. Man, what a lap at the right moment. At the start I really pushed and was quicker than Douglas and Allan and overtook Douglas, but then we had a little contact and really felt bad about it, but after reviewing it together we discovered it was really a racing incident. Later on, I was losing some speed because my setup is better on heavy fuel load, giving me more grip. On a low fuel level, this setup is sliding a bit more on old tyres.

I was trying to push as hard as I could, but coudnt get any closer to Allan, who was driving very consistant. Making way for an Audi went a bit wrong and lost some time, but it was a good 2nd race with you guys, really enjoyed it!

So, my vote for a next race is definitely not the Nurnburgring, but a track like National Siverstone, Indy Brands Hatch, Zandvoort.

Thanx guys!

Guys,

From your posts and my own experience, this short track formula is a lot of fun.
How about I organize on the same night, two races on a short track for 25 or 30 minutes where everyone switches from car class for the second event? With a 15-20 minute pause between the races.
If you keep liking this, I can select other short tracks (lap times Audi close to 1 min) and do these 2-race events between F1 weeks on normal circuits and the coming 5-event Championship (once a month).

That sounds like fun Han! :D Being a week day though it would be good if it can be done within the current timeframe so we all can make it after work and still hit the pillow before midnight... ;)

Great race, very enjoyable on such a short track!

I have to apologize to Allan for the rude entry at the Rindt curve, I tried to wait for you but you seemed to have slowed down a lot as well, after having lost a couple of positions from the other Audis and still not seeing you, I decided to proceed. Sorry!
I managed to pass Richard due to an error of him, and had quite an enjoyable chase first and after he manged to pass me again as I simply didn't had the pace to remain in front of him. Eventually I finished in the usual last place after the incident with Allan (again, my fault!).

It sort of comforts me that I was able to break the 55 s wall in the race after having found the correct lines and with the help of @stigs2cousin and @Kek700 suggestions.

Cheers to the podium finishers and thanks Han for organising, enjoy your break!

Hi guys.
Thanks for the race. It was truly very fun. First time driving the Audi and it is a bit of a tank, but was still very fun to drive. Unfortunately couldn't recreate my good practice (I must have used some dark magic to get P2) and qualified in P9. Settled in nicely behind Paul in the first few laps. He made a mistake when lapping the Mazda's and I could pass him. Lost a lot of time to Adrian from dodging Paul and slowly passing Mazda's. So from there the best I could do was P7. Omar passed me at some point and gave me a target to chase. Was quite fun and passing in the Audi's is not that easy. He made a mistake and I could get past him. With about 7 minutes to go I was about 5 seconds ahead of Jesse and thought I would just cruise to finish line. But he was a lot quicker in those last laps and caught up to me. He passed me at some point when lapping the Mazda's but luckily he made a mistake and bumped one of them. I could retake the place and get far enough ahead to ensure 7th. I may have semi dive-bombed mazda's once or twice. Especially on the second last turn where I forgot you dont slow down as much as the Audi's. Dont think I bumped anyone, but sorry if I caused you to lose time. Was a very fun race and was intense to make sure I did not mess up anyone's race. Thanks to all the mazda drivers. You were all nice and predictable and cant fault any of you for losing time while lapping. I like the short laps and I like the idea of 2 races, with swapping of cars.
Thanks for organising Han.
Hope you have a nice week off.

Guys,

Good idea I like it Han. I really enjoyed the whole short track multi class experience. I have to say in GT3 I would have probably rage quit after the second spin and given up but despite the gearing issues and eventually being lapped even by some of the other Mazdas I was enjoying the driving so much I just kept going round for the fun of it. I didn't really rush to rejoin after a few spins and sat at the side a few times letting everybody past me before coming back on. Last was last at that point :)

I was getting some good clean wheel to wheel racing before I lost the ability to use my gear lever properly certainly for the first 15 or so laps. That part of the race I think is the most enjoyable experience I have had in these events since I started in December.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%