AC Multiclass Audi TT/ Mazda MX5 @ RedBullRing National, Wednesday 30th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.
In the summer we always have fewer participants and therefore the race can get quite boring for some drivers. So we're going to try something new to get more action for our joiners.

Although it's the same track as last week, we're going to use a different layout that's much shorter as you can see below. Testing with the AI was a lot of fun, so I hope it will be the same with you.

So join us for another exciting race event and sign up here:

Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.

If you are new to RaceDepartment on S.GP, go here first:

red-bull-ring-national.png

Event Details
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Red Bull Ring National
  • Track Temps: 27C air/37C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 10 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification 20min (10min TT, 10min MX5)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from a TT, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the TT by lifting on the straight, but you don't have to! The TT driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any TT. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Server Name (search for 'racedepartment'):
  • Practice Server: #04
  • Race Server: SGP
  • Backup RD server #05

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Incident reporting: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-incident-reporting.187534/

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

See you on track!

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Signed up in my usual Purple MX5 (#23) for the time being. Will try both the Mazda and the Audi this weekend, may swap after testing depending on how they feel on a short track... there's only one sector for that 'push to pass' button anyway... :D

Well personally I think the MX5 can be great fun because they will play a key role in the win of the Audi. Only on the start/finish straight it will be easy to overtake the Mazda but you still need a good exit in the last turn. If the numbers are equal I shall take the Mazda and I plan to be a real nuisance to the Audi's:ninja::D.

EDIT: And don't forget: we will be driving a lot of laps here! 40 is possible even for the Mazda 's.

Last edited:
I did some serious laps with both cars. The Mazda is only about 4 seconds slower than the Audi and much better to steer in twisty sections. So I think this event could be a blast even with a small grid.

Really looking forward to it.

It would indeed be nice if last week's Mazda drivers now take the Audi and vice versa. It would certainly bring an understanding of the challenges faced by the drivers of the other car class.
I can't force it, it's completely voluntary but it would be great!

I did some serious laps with both cars. The Mazda is only about 4 seconds slower than the Audi and much better to steer in twisty sections. So I think this event could be a blast even with a small grid.

Really looking forward to it.

It would indeed be nice if last week's Mazda drivers now take the Audi and vice versa. It would certainly bring an understanding of the challenges faced by the drivers of the other car class.
That's me switched to the Mazda Han, if you need it balancing out I'll take the Audi if required.

I'll take a look on Wednesday before entries close and switch if required.:thumbsup:

That's me switched to the Mazda Han, if you need it balancing out I'll take the Audi if required.

I'll take a look on Wednesday before entries close and switch if required.:thumbsup:
Thanks, Paul. I will do the same so if it's only one car out of balance please take the one you prefer.

So we`re really doing this :confused:

Damm, me and my big mouth :rolleyes:

Ok, than, I´ll get myself a armor Audi and "do my werry besht, Miss Sophie"

Sighing Carsten

Oh man, this thing drives like .......

As I´m not really motivated to research this car to the max, would one of the Audisten like to swap setups?

I´d offer a midfield MixerCup setup :unsure:

MFG Carsten

Edith says:
Played around a little, can´t keep it in the 55´s and cooking the FL tyre.
Lots of work to do.

Last edited:
Oh man, this thing drives like .......

As I´m not really motivated to research this car to the max, would one of the Audisten like to swap setups?

I´d offer a midfield MixerCup setup :unsure:

MFG Carsten

Edith says:
Played around a little, can´t keep it in the 55´s and cooking the FL tyre.
Lots of work to do.
I use stock with only tyre pressure change. Tried different setup changes in the past but it didn't have any significant effect for me. Maybe for the ring a bit more rear wing as there's only one straight now. Haven't tried to customize it for the National layout yet.

You know it's front wheel drive, do you? If you drive it like the MX5 it's very likely that it feels like a tank in turns.

Last edited:
Happy to swap to the MX5 but that currently only leaves Han registered to drive a TT!
If i have time to join I'll make it in an Audi. After the Laguna Seca mid pack place (last of the Audis, but don't tell anyone!), it's now time for a podium :roflmao: :roflmao:

Jokes apart, 55 seconds a lap and 40 minutes race? It'll be a frantic event!

Yeah Han, I know it´s FWD.
Thats part of its (.....) charme :unsure:

As I´ve not owned a FWD since `96 and have done all my "fun driving" on RWD it´s a completely new journey for me.
So I´m way out of my comfort zone with this on
( don´t fear to embarrass yourself in front of friends and learn something new on the way:mad:)

What I don´t understand is your setup choice?
Why would I choose more rear grip with steeper wing when I´m suffering terminal understeer?

I myself have loosend up the rear considerably, gives me a few tenth but is better to drive
( for me, I like/need rotating cars)

Still working on " not killing" FL tyre though.
( medium slick, right??)

MFG Carsten

Yeah Han, I know it´s FWD.
Thats part of its (.....) charme :unsure:

As I´ve not owned a FWD since `96 and have done all my "fun driving" on RWD it´s a completely new journey for me.
So I´m way out of my comfort zone with this on
( don´t fear to embarrass yourself in front of friends and learn something new on the way:mad:)

What I don´t understand is your setup choice?
Why would I choose more rear grip with steeper wing when I´m suffering terminal understeer?

I myself have loosend up the rear considerably, gives me a few tenth but is better to drive
( for me, I like/need rotating cars)

Still working on " not killing" FL tyre though.
( medium slick, right??)

MFG Carsten

From the rookie races I have done in the Audi the hard tyre is better in the race. Only marginally quicker but for a very short time. I usually run the hard in qualifying and race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back