AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Nordschleife, Wednesday 6th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oh my how I love driving on the Nordschleife!! I joined in the audi but then I saw the uneven mix so I jumped in the Mazda....might need a bit of extra practice now, what a shame :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh my how I love driving on the Nordschleife!! I joint in the audi but then I saw the uneven mix so I jumped in the Mazda....might need a bit of extra practice now, what a shame :rolleyes:

Bart, no problem if you want to drive the Audi. It becomes a kind of monoclass because of the length of the track. I doubt we're going to see blue flags here. But it is a good opportunity for those who do not know the Nordschleife to get to know the circuit. I think the MX5 is perfect for that.

Bart, no problem if you want to drive the Audi. It becomes a kind of monoclass because of the length of the track. I doubt we're going to see blue flags here. But it is a good opportunity for those who do not know the Nordschleife to get to know the circuit. I think the MX5 is perfect for that.
I'll take the Mazda that way I'll have more time to enjoy the scenery ;) edit: And I'm going for the Audi on Sunday, don't want to look too much like an Audi fanboy :D:p

Last edited:
I'll take the Mazda that way I'll have more time to enjoy the scenery ;)
Talking about enjoying the scenery. This weekend I had the privilege to try out the Battenbergring, @Fat-Alfie 's newest track (expected to be released somewhere this year) and of course I did my first laps with the MX5. The scenery and the details are so beautiful that I kept missing my brakepoints in the first laps and without damage at 10% I wouldn't have completed a single lap!
And the lampposts from Thomson are back, with straw bales this time but even so very hard to bump into!
And David is not satisfied yet as he is still working on both scenery and details:confused:.
But the flow of the track is fantastic. After some 60 laps in different cars it's already in my top 3 of favorite tracks.

Talking about enjoying the scenery. This weekend I had the privilege to try out the Battenbergring, @Fat-Alfie 's newest track (expected to be released somewhere this year) and of course I did my first laps with the MX5. The scenery and the details are so beautiful that I kept missing my brakepoints in the first laps and without damage at 10% I wouldn't have completed a single lap!
And the lampposts from Thomson are back, with straw bales this time but even so very hard to bump into!
And David is not satisfied yet as he is still working on both scenery and details:confused:.
But the flow of the track is fantastic. After some 60 laps in different cars it's already in my top 3 of favorite tracks.
Can't wait to see this new track, if it's anything like his other tracks I know I'm going to spend way too much time driving it :D:

@Allan Ramsbottom Allan, if you're computer problems aren't solved yet you might consider starting at the back to prevent causing collisions when the lights go out. But that's up to you.

Note to self: don't upgrade graphics card drivers just before the race :) Upgraded them to play Deathloop which demands the latest nvidia driver, but of course, as soon as I go into VR I get stuttering and blackouts... thankfully still held it together, but if it had happened at some worse position of the track who knows. Time to downgrade again :coffee:

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211006-TX3

VR onboard:

Congrats to the podiums, and thanks for organising @HF2000!

Last edited:
Another straightforward race again, I have raced with Neil on numerous occasions here, so I knew third was my best achievement here.
I have never bested him here and this was no exception. :):(
Great race, difficult race, either left alone or in the company and an off is always on the cards.
well done podiums both Mazda and Audi and thankyou to @HF2000 Han for the organisation.
:) :)

Thx all for another great event, thx Han for organizing and congrats to winners.
I'm so stupid, did try low wing setup in practice the day before but either I did accidently put the wrong wing and thought I had zero or I thought after half a lap it feels strange...... So went to race with high downforce (six or seven) which was definitely a wrong and stupid decision. Just tried zero wing and even with a small mistake was instantly possible to do a 7.21 without PTP, which is about seven seconds quicker than my previous pb :rolleyes:. The car didnt even feel worse in the corners so high downforce is not beneficial in this car at least for me at this great Nordschleife track. So next time I should do my practice more properly........

Last edited:
Thanks all for racing and congrats to the other podium guys.

I had a good qualify with 2nd just before Bert. At the start I got held up by an Audi in T1 so Bert could pass me there.
As Patrick and Bert had a better pace, I settled for 3rd but Carsten was faster in the first part of lap 1 so he closed in. He even told me that my entry in the Carrousel was wrong (thx for that!). Somewhere in Wipperman or Eschbach Bert made a mistake and went off track, I could get by without losing too much time but Carsten was not so lucky. Now I had a gap of a few seconds and when in lap2 something happened with Bert and Carsten the gap was 18 seconds. Patrick was too fast for me so I concentrated on not making mistakes rather then on fast lap times. When Patrcik made a mistake and the gap decreased to 3 seconds I thought I had a chance and started pushing again. But a bad exit in Bergwerk made me lose about a second and the gap to Patrick increased again. So again concentrating on not making mistakes I finished 2nd with still a 14s gap to Bert.

So not very eventful but the Nordschleife is always fun to drive so I had a good time with a good result.

Next week Bathurst which recently became available on S.GP. I expect it to be a great race because there's a long middle sector where the Audi's will have a hard time to overtake the Mazda's. And that will be also the case with the GT3/GT4 the following Sunday. Really looking forward to both events.

And I'd like to invite you for this event on Tuesday: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...schlandring-tuesday-12th-october-2021.209037/

These are fun cars to drive and also you can start learning this track for the FAT_Alfies championship race in the week after. And you will help me to get data for my plans to organize a new Vintage Cars championship. I understand that you probably won't have time to try all 4 types but I would ask you to choose a car that has the fewest participants.

Last edited:
Report from the back of the Audi grid.

With Colin not getting a time in qualifying, I started P8 behind Hans-Peter. The first half of the race was a matter of settling in behind Hape and looking for an opportunity to get close enough for a passing attempt.

A chance came at the Karussell when Hape made a mistake and went wide. I took my normal line but I’m not sure if he didn’t know I was there but contact was made and Hape had a half spin. I waited, Hape regained control and battle commenced, with me 50 metres back.

On the last lap I made a mistake at the fast Adenauer Forest section and Hape was well ahead. I’m not sure if he made a mistake or was fuel saving but I caught up, had a good exit onto the Dottinger Hone and slipstreamed past. With just the final right hand corner to negotiate, I didn’t expect Hape to make a move but I left enough of a gap on my right for Hape to brake really late and with contact I was pushed wide.:(

So Q8 and finished P8 but a good battle with Hape and my fastest ever time around here in the Audi TT. :thumbsup:

Congrats to the podiums and thanks to Han for organising.

Didn´t go to well for me either.

As narrated by Han everything went fairly well until i got done in by Bert, at ( I think) Metzgesfeld.
He waited for me and continued to ride my trunk until he dived to the inside on the right before Anfahrt Schwalbenschwanz.
I went wide and into the Armco, that was that.
I don´t think the car was bent afterwards, must have been my confidence because after that the car and I were one oversteery mess and lost it at corner exit several times.

Let´s just forget about it and concentrate on Bathurst.
At least there´s not so much Armco ( and please don´t tell me about the concrete walls :confused: )

MFG Carsten

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing