AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Nordschleife, Wednesday 12th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had a few instances of 99% CPU plus a low frame rate. Not something I've experienced before on RD hosted races. Perhaps it's the size of the track! Will be interesting to see if the GT3 race suffers the same fate.

Pretty poor race for me. I think my times were reasonable (just around 9mins) but it was too easy to throw it at the scenery - something I did a few times. I'll try and go a bit more steady on Sunday and hope for a better race.

Great track though. Played it to death on grand tourisimo on PS3 so know it quite well.

Last edited:
When exactly did that happen?
Sometimes you get some performance spikes when entering the main straight. Your perspective is a bit elevated and you have a lot! of geometry in your sight. Plus pitlane.
In rf2, where the pitlane can cause significant cpu load, I always had massive drops when going through the last corner onto the main straight.

For ac I never experienced that...

It was really bad going down the little shortened straight and across the link/bypass turn to make it the 'cup' track. Got the cpu warning there in lap 3. I would guess down from 90 to 20fps. Think that bit might be a bit 'poorly optimised' as they say! It didn't effect my race as there was noone about, just took it easy through there. The rest of the new track was ok and the Nordschleife was perfect so i think it's just related to that link road mod to make the cup track.

It was really bad going down the little shortened straight and across the link/bypass turn to make it the 'cup' track. Got the cpu warning there in lap 3. I would guess down from 90 to 20fps. Think that bit might be a bit 'poorly optimised' as they say! It didn't effect my race as there was noone about, just took it easy through there. The rest of the new track was ok and the Nordschleife was perfect so i think it's just related to that link road mod to make the cup track.
I just slowly drove through the junction and recorded it. There's no difference in main_t or any other stat compared to the main straight, Nordschleife part or whatever.
So I sadly have no clue why it happened there...

Thanks for the race, guys. I have never driven the track before and I was probably one more practice session short of being able to qualify and race properly.

I was at the back, tapped Dave early on and waited for him to retake the position. After that I was swapping positions through people making mistakes and then me making mistakes.

I thought I had fuelled enough but should have taken a full tank as I ran out towards the end, my worst nightmare.

I won't be around to race next week but I will be doing some Monaco laps to see how my laptimes compare with Dave and Raul. It's a shame as I actually won a rookie race around Seattle, my only street track experience so far.

Last edited:
I had a few instances of 99% CPU plus a low frame rate. Not something I've experienced before on RD hosted races. Perhaps it's the size of the track! Will be interesting to see if the GT3 race suffers the same fate.

Pretty poor race for me. I think my times were reasonable (just around 9mins) but it was too easy to throw it at the scenery - something I did a few times. I'll try and go a bit more steady on Sunday and hope for a better race.

Great track though. Played it to death on grand tourisimo on PS3 so know it quite well.
I had also 99% CPU warning on an other track. I stopped some of the other applications running, especially Chrome and that did the trick.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%