Thou shall not pass!!!
IMPORTANT: We have some problems with running AC events from the RD community on s.gp. So for now we will probably use the RD servers for the race. You can still sign up on s.gp but the actual event will be run on a RD server unless the RD community/s.gp problems are fixed. This will be decided shortly in advance of the event. Either way you can find the server by searching for 'racedepartment'.
Welcome to the RD Racing Club. This week we are going into the Green Hell as the Nordschleife is also called. As a request from some of the regular GT3 drivers for the Sunday event, our multiclass race will go to this iconic track because it's great to do this for learning the track for those who aren't familiar with it. The layout we're going to race is a bit less than 25km so be aware that it takes quite some practice to master it. It's for that reason that this announcement is done a couple of weeks in advance so you have a decent amount of time for practice. I assure you that it's not only worth the effort but you will enjoy it as well.
Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.
THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.
All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
- Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
- Track: Nordschleife Endurance Cup 108 https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nordschleife-108-grid-spots.15493/version/26792/download
- Track Temps: 25C air/34C track
Track Condition: Clear
- 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 10 minutes)
- 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification (30min, no split )
- 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
- Practice Server: #04
- Race Server: #05
- If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
- Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
- Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)
Recommended App: CrewChief(download here)
See you on track!