AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Monza, Wednesday 8th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
And there is also a spot available in the Vintage Cars Championship.

I recommend anyone who wants to learn to get faster to participate in this championship. There are some great vintage car drivers in there from whom you can learn a lot about the basics of racing. That will also help you to get faster in modern cars.

I'll probably be a backmarker myself, but I know I'll enjoy it and use the replays to see how magical racing is done!

EDIT: It's taken.

Last edited:
8083221C-132F-4E39-8673-6270A1B423F6.jpeg

@stigs2cousin,cheers m8,if you make it a crate of beer.i,ll watch from the sidelines,beer in hand..:D;);)
I´m afraid I´ll drink the crate myself.

Got a spontanious call to work for Wednesday and since customers are difficult to aquire these days I have no choice but to desert you.

That´s especially disturbing since I got over myself, practiced Monza alot and started to like it:cautious:

Very sorry Carsten

Last edited:
I can't see the server anywhere for some reason. Is anyone else having this issue too?

EDIT: Found my issue, it was caching:

Last edited:
Well that was a boring race for me. Never really could find a nice pace in the mazda, span out in lap one and eventually when doing laps on my own some software update caused AC to lag out for a bit. Figured I'd best go do something else instead of another 20 minutes on my own. Monza with these cars isn't my thing I suppose.

Well that was a boring race for me. Never really could find a nice pace in the mazda, span out in lap one and eventually when doing laps on my own some software update caused AC to lag out for a bit. Figured I'd best go do something else instead of another 20 minutes on my own. Monza with these cars isn't my thing I suppose.
Totally understandable, Casper. Next week will be very different, I can promise you that!

Well the gods were not smiling on me, everything that could go wrong did, at least I stayed on the track, one bit of good fortune.
Not much more to say, apart from a well done to Andre for his brillent qualifying time.
and well done podiums and Han @HF2000. For the organisation.

:)

Last edited:
Well that went from bad to worse!:(

A poor start (normal) and into the first chicane. Colin was ahead on the exit with me on the outside and we made contact but I think he got a tap before my touch that pushed him into me as he spun in an anti clockwise direction. But I held back just in case it was me and saw Colin recover ahead while Axel, Andre and Ernie went through.
I followed Ernie hoping for an opportunity when he would inevitably have a go to get past Colin and that soon happened into the first chicane. It was then my turn to give Colin some grief and we had a good battle with me making a couple of attempts to pass again into the Variante Goodyear T1, but Colin was good on the brakes and held his position. A few laps later I had another attempt but this time clipped Colin on the exit causing him to half spin. Sorry Colin, it was a good battle up until then. As this one was definitely my fault I waited which allowed Richard to get past us both and from then on my driving got very scrappy.

So one to forget, but we’ll done to both podiums and thanks to Han for setting it up.

At the risk of repeating myself, qualified 4th, finished 4th!

I knew I was lacking the ultimate pace but I was on for a lap in qualifying that would have put me ahead of Allan who couldn't quite match his practice pace, but I messed up the last sector.

Avoided the bumps at t1 and t2 and into third place. Followed Andre for a bit until he pulled away, then Allan caught and passed me. Stuck with him but he slowly gapped me and then I was knocked out of my rhythm for a few laps, triggered by avoiding and Audi that got over ambitious overtaking me into T1 and then Allan had a buffer.

After that it was a lonely race, just keeping a gap to Raul.

2nd race with zero incidents and no major mistakes so that's progress, I just need to find that extra 1% to challenge for the podium places.

Thanks for the race, everyone, and thanks to Han for organising.

Last edited:
Already did it privately but I want to publicly apologize to Allan for punting him, and others involved, at T1. :( Sorry!

This is the first time I didn't practice finding a braking point at the inside of the first corner and it showed. Had a good start and I was following Doug, gaining on him. I kept to the inside trying to look ahead for my braking marker on the left through the sea of cars. I couldn't see a thing on the left but Doug's car and the corner coming in fast on the right. I hit the brakes when he did but shot by and although I managed to slow down properly I got on the kerb which lifted my wheels, increased my inertia and got me into the back of Allan's car. A true silly mistake from my part. :redface:

Other happenings took place apparently but I focused on recovering and letting everyone else go by, as expected. After that it was bringing up the rear while Allan took off, as expected, and I tried to follow. Shortly after I passed Casper and Richard who had an accident and managed to "catch up" with Doug... I was not very close but managed to keep up with his pace for the rest of the race... until the final lap. :rolleyes: When I misgeared on the second Lesmo and spun, hit the wall and careened into the sandtrap. I managed to recover but Richard went by and so I finished last. My own demise, but I'm happy with the fact that I could match Doug's pace. Monza is a classic but not my favourite place to race so I don't mind the result here. Better luck next time.

Once more, thanks to Han for organising, and the Audi drivers for being patient at the corners.
Congratulations to the winners, and I'll see you guys at the next race. Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back