AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Luccaring, Wednesday 26th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fab track, but is the fastest way around this track by using the barriers for braking and steering?
I don't think so. Even with a little touch with a barrier you loose some speed and with this low powered cars it's important to take as much speed as possible with you through the corners.
Don't know with the GT3's though.

I'll sign up with the Mazda, please, but I might cancel last minute because of other plans. I'll let you know if I need to cancel as early as possible, Han.

Also probably won't have much time to practice this week, but hopefully I'll have some crash buddies to race around with and it won't just be a hot lapping session :)

Thanks for organizing, Han!

Last edited:
So, so far it's 5 Mazdas and 1 Audi (potentially 2 if Han takes one as well).
It's multi-class, where are all the usual four-ring-logo suspects gone? :O_o:

Spent twenty minutes practicing this evening, still not a clue which corner is which,. Hit every wall, entered every park area, bounced off every curb.

There are so few entrants here at this circuit, it is worth a go in the Audi TT please @HF2000 Han.

Spent twenty minutes practicing this evening, still not a clue which corner is which,. Hit every wall, entered every park area, bounced off every curb.

There are so few entrants here at this circuit, it is worth a go in the Audi TT please @HF2000 Han.
Well, this track is a lot easier with the Mazda because you can take almost any fast corner flat out (with Audi you can't (well I can't)) and the roundabouts are easier and faster to take with a little bit of drift (which you can't do with the fwd Audi). It could well be that the Mazdas have consistently better exits, so maybe the straights after that aren't long enough for the Audis to catch up and overtake. So that's why I'm very interested in tonight's race, but I'm a little disappointed with the few participants. Next week I'm going to try S.GP again on a popular track. Let's see if the numbers will grow again.

Last edited:
I practiced against the AI yesterday and I can't believe how many times I ended up in the ditches on the right side of the track. If you think about it logically, there's no way you should end up there, the ditch is literally on the opposite side of the track from the racing line. And you have to miss the trees, too :laugh: . But a high speed corner and the solid wall after would send you there. On this track I'm genuinely grateful for trees

Last edited:
Hi all. I am new to simracing and came across this group. It seems like a very nice bunch of people racing and I would very much like to join your race tonight. I have paid the premium membership and will set up the discord app as soon as I get home from work.

Could I get the mazda mx-5 please.

I am new and not very good yet so I just want to try and get some experience in these Wednesday races.

I have seen the instructions to rohit earlier in the chat and will let you know should I have any questions.

Hi all. I am new to simracing and came across this group. It seems like a very nice bunch of people racing and I would very much like to join your race tonight. I have paid the premium membership and will set up the discord app as soon as I get home from work.

Could I get the mazda mx-5 please.

I am new and not very good yet so I just want to try and get some experience in these Wednesday races.

I have seen the instructions to rohit earlier in the chat and will let you know should I have any questions.
Hi Richard,

You're very welcome!
Great that you've have done the necessary things already:thumbsup:.
Make sure you know the Golden Rule and the qualification rule for tonight and you'll be all right.

As this it a multiclass we use this for blue flag guidance:
  • It is the responsibility of faster class cars to safely overtake slower class cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class then the standard rule applies: stay on the racing line in the turns and on the straights lift a bit to facilitate the overtake. Please be sensible at all times! Faster class cars may loose some time but that's part of the game and goes for everyone.
My advice is to use the track map app and the Real Time app for situation awareness (both are stock apps).
With the Realtime app you can see how big/small the gap is with the car behind. And also of the car behind is lapping you or not.
green= the car is lapping you, be predictable, stay on the racing line but don't defend.
white= the car is in the same lap and you can defend your position.
blue= you have lapped the car, he might try to unlap so you can defend.

Hi Richard,

You're very welcome!
Great that you've have done the necessary things already:thumbsup:.
Make sure you know the Golden Rule and the qualification rule for tonight and you'll be all right.

As this it a multiclass we use this for blue flag guidance:
  • It is the responsibility of faster class cars to safely overtake slower class cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class then the standard rule applies: stay on the racing line in the turns and on the straights lift a bit to facilitate the overtake. Please be sensible at all times! Faster class cars may loose some time but that's part of the game and goes for everyone.
My advice is to use the track map app and the Real Time app for situation awareness (both are stock apps).
With the Realtime app you can see how big/small the gap is with the car behind. And also of the car behind is lapping you or not.
green= the car is lapping you, be predictable, stay on the racing line but don't defend.
white= the car is in the same lap and you can defend your position.
blue= you have lapped the car, he might try to unlap so you can defend.
Hi Han
Thanks a lot for the hospitality and the info.
I do make use of those apps already so I am familiar with it :)
Looking forward to the race tonight

Hello Han @HF2000, please sign me in with the Mazda. Have been there in real life so it will be nice to revisit Lucca. Cu later.
Ho Thomas,

Yes it's a very nice small city. Beautiful buildings and of course the oval square. It's great to climb on to the central tower and look down on it.
It's actually kind of my roots as my ancestor was born in a little village nearby.

Welcome Richard, good to have you here. It is indeed a really nice group, I hope you enjoy the race as much as the crowd... see you later on the track! :thumbsup:

@Shed 17 @Kek700 Paul, Ernie,

It looks like we've got only 3 Audi's. I'll make sure there will be some spare MX5's, if you want to switch. But let me know here or in the chat if you do so we can all take a MAZDA.

@pattikins Patrick, I saw you practicing (great lap time btw) but you didn't sign up, did you?

Hi Han

I am happy to make it an all Mazda race if needed even though I have had no practice in the MX5.
Paul, its no problem for me to race the Audi. I was only wondering what you guys want. Let's see what Ernie wants.

No worries Han, I’m happy either way but if last night’s Volvo S40 race was anything to go by it might be fun if we are all in the same class. So much fun at Bathurst and Ernie was flying!

I have just practiced again with the Audi, took a trip down the stream, it swims okay.
After last night in the Volvo, quite happy to chug around in the Audi.
So far I have not managed a perfect lap, but walls and curbs have not stopped me circulating in the Audi.
I am happy to stay with the Audi, I’ll even race it alone if the others want to go to mx5.:)

I have just practiced again with the Audi, took a trip down the stream, it swims okay.
After last night in the Volvo, quite happy to chug around in the Audi.
So far I have not managed a perfect lap, but walls and curbs have not stopped me circulating in the Audi.
I am happy to stay with the Audi, I’ll even race it alone if the others want to go to mx5.:)
No worries Ernie, at least I could possible finish 3rd in class!. I’ll stay in the Audi Han.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%