AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Luccaring, Wednesday 26th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

IMPORTANT: The Luccaring isn't available on S.GP so we can't use it for signing up. It has to be done the 'old' way by posting here.
There are only 24 slots available for this circuit. If more drivers sign up, they will be put on a reserve list in case others drop out.

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. Because the Monaco track had a bug and there's no good mod for Baku we're going to my favorite city street circuit. This is a really great track and a guarantee of fun and excitement! Drive on the ring road of the medieval Tuscan city of Lucca, considered by many to be as beautiful as Florence! See for yourself in this great video (thanks to @Taj Johal )

The track has everything for a great event: high speed corners, slow speed roundabouts, a little hump and between them straights that are wide enough to overtake. It will be very interesting to see the difference here of the front wheel drive Audi and rear wheel drive Mazda.
With a full grid this can become a night to remember!

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Lucca_street_circuit.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
IMPORTANT: Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #04
  • Race Server: #05
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

See you on track!

Entry list:
@HF2000 - class with fewest participants
@stigs2cousin - MX5
@Taj Johal - MX5
@davejevons - MX5
@Dzul - MX5
@Shed 17 - Audi
@spitzanu - MX5
@Kek700 - Audi
@thom462 - MX5
@Backmarker EB - MX5
@RFE3rd - MX5
@pattikins - MX5

Reserve list:
@jet_rover - MX5

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Hy Han,

you always pull the most amazing venues out of your ..
hat.

Now this old man has to learn yet another dubious track :O_o:

Please count me in with the " hairdressers Porsche" ( Mazda)

MFG Carsten

Excellent video, very nicely done!!

( BTW, definetely my first "racetrack" with a "Drempel" ( speedbump) in it:O_o:)

See you on track Carsten

Edith says: Oh, and tell your crew Chief to bring LOADS of spare parts, body and suspension.
Just a hunch :mad:

Last edited:
Hey,

Really nice track choice. Would love to join in Mazda class.

Just starting out on AC and will be one of my first few online races. Excited to see if I can make decent lap times.

P.S. Don't have premium so I hope this is "the old way".

jet_rover aka Rohit K.

Last edited:
Hey,

Really nice track choice. Would love to join in Mazda class.

Just starting out on AC and will be one of my first few online races. Excited to see if I can make decent lap times.

P.S. Don't have premium so I hope this is "the old way".

jet_rover aka Rohit K.
I would love to have but you have have premium first. It's only 13 euro for a whole year. Everything you need to know is in the first and second posts with links. Also you have to put in your real name in your RD account. There's a field called Real Name in the account details section.

I sure hope to see you on track!

I would love to have but you have have premium first. It's only 13 euro for a whole year. Everything you need to know is in the first and second posts with links. Also you have to put in your real name in your RD account. There's a field called Real Name in the account details section.

I got premium now hopefully, I can be signed up for Mazda Class.

Last edited:
I got premium now hopefully, I can be signed up for Mazda Class.

Great, Rohit! You're very welcome. As you are new it's extra important that you can hear the last minute pre race instructions on Discord. It's preferable that you install the app because the browser version doesn't have the push-to-talk function activated.
This where you should navigate to:
Discord uitleg.jpg

If you have any questions you can ask them in this thread. This community has a lot of helpful members and they will help you for sure.

Search in AC or Content Manager in online for 'racedepartment' for the practice server which is currently up. There are often other drivers practicing where you can see already which lap times they have. But don't be discouraged if you're way off their pace: if you are really new to AC your lap times will improve by several seconds when you get more experienced. And the best way is to achieve that is to race with others, learn from them and ask them for tips to improve.
The race server will be up at starting time of the event and can be found the same way as the practice server.

Again, don't hesitate to ask anything here.

See you on track!

Last edited:
I just learned I might not be able to make this race. I don't wanna take up a spot someone else could use. @HF2000 thanks for all the help yesterday.

Last edited:
I just learned I might not be able to make this race. I don't wanna take up a spot someone else could use. @HF2000 thanks for all the help yesterday.
Thanks for telling me. I'll put you on the reserve list. If there's a spot free, you can take it if you can make it.
Otherwise I'll hope to see you next time.

Fab track, but is the fastest way around this track by using the barriers for braking and steering?
Maybe with zero damage selected. :cautious:

I myself am struggling with this course, i havn´t had ONE session without a serious crash.
( and I´m of work the last days, so it´s not from lack of triing)

Seems I´m to stupid for a city track.......

MFG Carsten

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing