AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Lausitzring, Wednesday 17th November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yesterday I competed in the 2nd TCR race and to be honost I underestimated the whole TCR class... :whistling:
I practiced 1 night and thought I was up to speed... but finished 14th... the group in front of me disappeared :unsure:
So no chance.

Last night Han and I had a little drive in the Audi @ the Lausitzring which made deside to race it on wednesday.
To become a bit more all-round driver :thumbsup:

Dont know if i can make it tonight guys... my car broke down and not the virtual one....
20211116_171458.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in with the Mazda Han. Il just about make practice. I did about 10 laps of this track on Monday and 1/2 of those I went the wrong way somewhere so got to learn it in the pre-race session. Apologies in advance if I get in anybodies way!

Incidently I got the RSR World record for it coming fastest in a list of one. I expect that may be beaten.

Oh man,

this is getting old.

After my "car" dying on the grid yesterday this time my PC crashed in the second lap.

After a purple first sector it went well in the first lap, "won" the positions I couldn´t get in quali.
And then, T1 second lap Bamm, Blue screen.

I´m pissed now, guys have fun.

MFG Carsten

Edith: Oh. my Simhub profile is gone too, now I´m really pissed

Oh man,

this is getting old.

After my "car" dying on the grid yesterday this time my PC crashed in the second lap.

After a purple first sector it went well in the first lap, "won" the positions I couldn´t get in quali.
And then, T1 second lap Bamm, Blue screen.

I´m pissed now, guys have fun.

MFG Carsten

Edith: Oh. my Simhub profile is gone too, now I´m really pissed
Sad to hear that Carsten. You had great pace and we could have had a great battle together, maybe with Tim.

Great race everyone! In retrospect, not a track you should do with only a bit of practice, but since the event starts at 7pm on SGP I didn't have much choice and went for it anyway.

Most of my race happened at turn 1, lap 1, where I got the jump on Martin (great qualifying time by the way!) and took the lead. After that I had some nice battles with Martin, having to use the PTP tactically where needed. Unfortunately there was some contact about half way in, looks like we had two totally different lines for that turn and I didn't expect it. :coffee: Sorry about that! Unfortunate because it would have been great to battle some more, hopefully in future :thumbsup:

I may be in races less over the next month or two due as my wife is having some surgery next week, but hopefully I'll still be able to pop in :)

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211117-XI4

My VR onboard:

Last edited:
Good race everyone. Shame what happened to Carsten, I was a bit hesitant first few turns and he got the drop on me, only to dissapear into the barriers a few laps later. Han I couldn't catch you, I made two shifting mistakes again and spun in 1st both times. We had similar pace but you were too far in front. Dave kept up for a bit early on, great pace mate you had me under pressure for quite a few laps.

Congratulations Ernie and Chris on the wins. Han great event as always.

Thanks everyone for racing. I think the Audi's had a great time tonight where the Mazda's were most of the time in cruise control. Congrats to the podium guys!

Next week probably Spa because we doing the GT event there. But as we all like Spa it's not an exciting track for these cars. So if you want something more challenging, please let me know.

And then this for who is interested in something a bit different: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...rdschleife-tuesday-23rd-november-2021.211192/

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for racing. I think the Audi's had a great time tonight where the Mazda's were most of the time in cruise control. Congrats to the podium guys!

Next week probably Spa because we doing the GT event there. But as we all like Spa it's not an exciting track for these cars. So if you want something more challenging, please let me know.

And then this for who is interested in something a bit different: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...rdschleife-tuesday-23rd-november-2021.211192/
Hi Han

I'm not sure what tracks are available or compatible but here are a few ideas for something different;

Okayama ( similar to Hungaroring in feel and corners)
Zolder
Bannocbrae ( Scottish road course full of detail and character)
Oulton Park
Slovakiaring
For the Kunos tracks there is always Silverstone International or National circuits, Brands GP or Indy, Black Cat was fun in the Fiats and might work well for the Audi/MX5.

As for last nights race, I had an early battle with Andre who went very well in his first outing in the Audi, and from then on a pretty quiet race. I had one moment when chasing Thomas, I bailed out of an attempt to pass Ernie into T1 (apologies for the indecision Ernie but I think it turned out OK for you and didn't imped your line too much) and I was closing the gap to Andre toward the end.

Congrats to Chris and Ernie and as always thanks to Han for another well run event.

Hi Han

I'm not sure what tracks are available or compatible but here are a few ideas for something different;

Okayama ( similar to Hungaroring in feel and corners)
Zolder
Bannocbrae ( Scottish road course full of detail and character)
Oulton Park
Slovakiaring
For the Kunos tracks there is always Silverstone International or National circuits, Brands GP or Indy, Black Cat was fun in the Fiats and might work well for the Audi/MX5.

As for last nights race, I had an early battle with Andre who went very well in his first outing in the Audi, and from then on a pretty quiet race. I had one moment when chasing Thomas, I bailed out of an attempt to pass Ernie into T1 (apologies for the indecision Ernie but I think it turned out OK for you and didn't imped your line too much) and I was closing the gap to Andre toward the end.

Congrats to Chris and Ernie and as always thanks to Han for another well run event.
Thanks, Paul. Black Cat is a good idea!

Sorry guys, I had to give up few minutes before the race. It seems that everything bad is happening on Wednesday :O_o:
I saw that the track for next week has been has been decided already, but I second Paul's @Shed 17 proposal (for the next time in which we will have some indecision) of Oulton Park, I drove a lot there in Project Cars 2 with the Ginetta and I find it is a really enjoyable track!

Good luck to your wife @Chris Down, I had a couple of surgeries last year and I know how bad it is to be in an hospital for any reason in these days. That's why I should prepare for another one (totally different problem) but I am always procrastinating.. :redface:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back