AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Laguna Seca, Wednesday 2nd June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I crossed the finish line and thought the race was over, exited the game. I guess the 1st place Audi didn't cross the finish line yet at that point...? I thought it would just end when I cross the finish line after the 40 minutes end. I'm clearly missing something.
After 40 min you get the message "Leader is on final lap". If you cross the finish line then before the leader, you have to do another lap. The race is over for you if you get the message "Race over" when you cross the finish line.

Going off the qualifying times, the first third of the race was far more intensive than I was expecting. There were at least 4/5 opportunities for Michael D to take the lead in the first part of the race and I was mystified as to why he didn't. I was also puzzled as to why my lap times were much slow than my practice times. Upon watching the replay from Michael D's car, however, I discovered that I had a bigger problem. My brake lights were flickering :confused: throughout the race. A software reset seems to corrected the issue - fingers crossed.

Thanks for organising the race Han, & have a good holiday - are you sure that there isn't room in your suitcase for a wheel/pedals ;):laugh:.

@spitzanu and @RFE3rd I thought it was the last lap as well. I was quicker out of turn 10 and went on the inside of us three into turn 11. I realised this was over ambitious from me and started to brake early to leave you both space but it was too late. I hit and spun Stefan, entirely my fault and I apologise.
As you wrote I waited for you before the line (thought it was the last lap), we both crossed and Jim informed me it's now the last lap. You then disconnected, I thought at the time because of damage, but I'm relived to hear you thought it was the last lap as well!!
@Taj Johal it's cool, I saw what happened on the replay. I didn't really think you'd go for it because I was already trying to make a last turn move on Richard's place, so I wasn't even worried you might be on my inside. Thanks for waiting for me after. At least now I learned when the race actually ends :laugh:

Yep, I was the green Mazda. I was pretty upset about that at the time because it didn't seem like my fault, but waited for you just in case, because I was slightly behind you when we made contact. I definitely left enough space and was following my line. Either way, no harm done, I was slower than all but 1 or 2 Mazdas. Don't wanna blame the heat wave in the UK, but it definitely didn't help me focus :) .

Ha Stefan, tbh I thought that it was the Audi (just didn't want to say it out loud earlier coz I have yet to watch the replay). My conclusion based on the fact that he was coming at speed (still have to check). Nonetheless, thank you for waiting señor, very cool of you. :cool: And I'm with you on blaming the heat wave, same here in NL, my Simrig is in the attic which is not well insulated so it was a toasty 32c the whole race. :redface: Had to 'unglue' myself from the seat at the end. Ordered an airco already.

Last edited:
Several driver have said how intense they found that race and I don’t know if it was the high ambient temperatures but yes, me too, it was my most intense race since joining this group.
With Ernie behind me at the start wondering if I would make a mistake, I managed a clean get away and had a steady first lap. Unusually for me, mistakes were minor but for most of the race I was being chased down, first by Han and then Colin.
In the heat of battle I think I may have been a bit too aggressive in passing some of the Mazda’s; Taj, @Taj Johal you were entirely in the right to hold you line while I tried to find away to get around you, so please accept my apologies if some of my moves raised your temps even further! Han was all over the back of me as we approached the corkscrew and I thought I would be quicker than Taj out of the corkscrew into the fast left-hander. But me going out wide meant I got a wheel ( or 3) onto the gravel and Han got by.
Then Colin closed in and we had a good battle with under a second between us for the rest of the race. So Q4 and P5 in the race, happy with that on a track, like Ernie, I usually struggle on.
I’m still getting my head around the Audi, but in the next race I will try to be aware of the closing speed on the Mazda’s and do the lapping in a better place..
Well done to the class winners, thanks Han for setting it up and wishing you and your family a happy holiday.

@Taj Johal
Taj you did nothing wrong, it was a 100% down to the two Audi’s, in fact I had not much to do with the incident. I just waited out of respect for you:).
And thankyou , yes I did for a change hear your response telling me to go on.:)

oh well another day another dollar.:roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
Enjoyed the track in the Audi and found myself getting quicker in the race. Had a good battle chasing Paul for most of the time but a few minor detours into the gravel ensured I never got close enough for an overtake.

I put in 48ltr of fuel and just ran out as I was approaching the finishing line and coasted over on empty! Fortunately there was no one behind. That was a bit too close for comfort.

I'm on holiday for two weeks so good timing from Han. Thanks for organising and have a good break.

Good to see the server held up

Going off the qualifying times, the first third of the race was far more intensive than I was expecting. There were at least 4/5 opportunities for Michael D to take the lead in the first part of the race and I was mystified as to why he didn't. I was also puzzled as to why my lap times were much slow than my practice times. Upon watching the replay from Michael D's car, however, I discovered that I had a bigger problem. My brake lights were flickering :confused: throughout the race. A software reset seems to corrected the issue - fingers crossed.

Thanks for organising the race Han, & have a good holiday - are you sure that there isn't room in your suitcase for a wheel/pedals ;):laugh:.

Interesting reading what you said Patrick. I quite often have my foot on the brake, I never seem to realise it, I just become confused by my slow times. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
The other thing I do is have my foot on the accelerator and then wondering why my braking distance changes, especially noticeable with no ABS, then in that case , no ABS, I suddenly find myself confused in the field.:D:D
Even after all these years I have never been able to solve the above.:roflmao:

I put in 48ltr of fuel and just ran out as I was approaching the finishing line and coasted over on empty! Fortunately there was no one behind. That was a bit too close for comfort.
That's weird! I had 47ltr and had 0,8 ltr left.

Thank you all for participating in this event! Seeing all these posts it was an intense but also fun race for most of us.

And a good learning opportunity as I read from these posts. A few of you have sent me some complaints about the behavior of others and they also said that it can be very instructive to watch the replay.
So my suggestion is for those who haven't already, watch the replay and see what you could have done better, especially in the event of an incident.

I am going to review the replay of the incidents that have been reported to me, but I cannot do that for every situation mentioned in your posts.

I would like to end with a compliment to all who have discussed the above incidents in a respectful and tolerant manner!
:thumbsup:

just realised that I missed this race... I am so sorry! I was ill all day and just completely forgot to cancel my registration.
Ok Bart. Thanks for telling this. You were one of 5 who didn't show up and I was about to PM you. Apologies accepted and get well soon!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back