AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @Imola, Wednesday 27th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Still not feeling super well, but at least my nausea is gone which is what prevented me racing on Sunday, so I'm in :) After 5 days of lying in bed doing absolutely nothing, I'm quite ready to do anything, ill or no...
Good to hear you're better Chris. Any chance you're going to stream this race? Would love to spectate at least... :D

Sorry guys had to step out the race due to my sore back. Ive made a "wrong" move on monday and every step i take is really hurting me. Sitting down is oke but it seems that my wheel is too strong for my back at this moment.

I didnt have the pace in the race but a really good fight with Han though.

See you on track guys

Ah guys, so unfortunate several of us had to drop out tonight. :(

Managed to catch the last part of the race including Chris' signature reversed donuts.:roflmao:

Looked like it was a good one! :thumbsup:

0894E262-8420-452B-9145-B10092A56F78.jpeg

Great race everyone! Imola is a challenging track at the best of times and is probably not a good choice for someone who has tonsillitis, but I had later contracted a far more concerning disease: terminal boredom.

Everything was going great until in lap 3 I suddenly got fever shivers on the straight and completely forgot about braking :coffee: Of course I'd felt more or less fine all day, and that was the time it decided to happen... Thankfully had PTP still available so was able to use it to just about keep Marko and @Erik Axelsson behind, which was very lucky.

Overall, not very consistent, but I at least didn't get nauseous. This was really a test for Sunday and it looks like I will be there, fingers crossed :)

Simresults (race only because I quit to take my medication after quali and didn't think about that...): https://simresults.net/211027-vU7

VR onboard:

Last edited:
All I saw was dots disappearing, so when Erik got knocked off the circuit he must have lost a lot of time, completely forgot he was behind.
Got a bit boring when the dots completely disappeared, I just kept an eye out for Colin, then along came Erik, now it started to get exciting, definitely had much better pace than I did, I still had most of my push to pass left. Normally I would have conceded but decided to give it a go at trying to stop the inevitable, I was trying to keep a podium, if it was fourth would have not bothered.
Great race, really enjoyed that Erik, I just got lucky in the last couple of laps and that was that.
Well done podiums, difficult circuit, not one of my favourite circuits. Not looking forward to this one on Sunday .
Thankyou to @HF2000 for the organisation, and I hope that @Chris Down gets well soon.

:)

Great race everyone. A lot of action as far as I could see. Thanks for joining all.

I had a bad qually because first I returned in my outlap to the pits to kick the illegal Audi (but it wasn't necessary anymore). Then my timed lap was messed up by a slower MX5 so I had only one chance left. I took no risk in that one so I started 4th.
Had intense battles with Andre in the first laps for 3rd. After he had to quit I was slowly gaining on Bart. But I went to early on the throttle on the exit in Rivazza and went off. Still in 3rd the Audi of Colin lost control in T1 in front of me. I couldn't avoid him and I ended up in the sand which took a lot of time to get back on track. After that I had a very enjoyable race with catching up Florian and Wojciech. After some intense battles I managed to pass them both and cruised to the podium as 3rd.

Congrats to the other podium guys! I hope to see you all again next week on track!

All I saw was dots disappearing, so when Erik got knocked off the circuit he must have lost a lot of time, completely forgot he was behind.
Got a bit boring when the dots completely disappeared, I just kept an eye out for Colin, then along came Erik, now it started to get exciting, definitely had much better pace than I did, I still had most of my push to pass left. Normally I would have conceded but decided to give it a go at trying to stop the inevitable, I was trying to keep a podium, if it was fourth would have not bothered.
Great race, really enjoyed that Erik, I just got lucky in the last couple of laps and that was that.
Well done podiums, difficult circuit, not one of my favourite circuits. Not looking forward to this one on Sunday .
Thankyou to @HF2000 for the organisation, and I hope that @Chris Down gets well soon.

:)
I really enjoyed it too. You didn't give me an inch to much space and I prefer it that way ;)And don't blame it on luck Ernie. I just couldn't find a way around you.:thumbsup:

Great race everyone. A lot of action as far as I could see. Thanks for joining all.

I had a bad qually because first I returned in my outlap to the pits to kick the illegal Audi (but it wasn't necessary anymore). Then my timed lap was messed up by a slower MX5 so I had only one chance left. I took no risk in that one so I started 4th.
Had intense battles with Andre in the first laps for 3rd. After he had to quit I was slowly gaining on Bart. But I went to early on the throttle on the exit in Rivazza and went off. Still in 3rd the Audi of Colin lost control in T1 in front of me. I couldn't avoid him and I ended up in the sand which took a lot of time to get back on track. After that I had a very enjoyable race with catching up Florian and Wojciech. After some intense battles I managed to pass them both and cruised to the podium as 3rd.

Congrats to the other podium guys! I hope to see you all again next week on track!
Sorry for knocking you off Han. I had a "kiss" from behind which meant I lost control. Am I supposed to wait in that situation or is the person that caused the initial incident supposed to wait for everyone?

They did wait for me but I'd be interested to know what to do in the case of a multi car incident.

Really fun race for me, had a relatively good start and had the chance to pass @hape and Nielsen (couldn't find his nickname..) by the end of lap 1 due to their intense battle at Rivazza 1 and 2. Rohan managed to pass me on the straight but I could re-pass him at the Villeneuve (after having slightly touched his rear at the Tamburello chicane, sorry mate!).
Then due to an error of mine, it was time again for @hape and Nielsen to get their positions back at L3 at Rivazza (karma!). It would've happened anyway sooner or later because they had a better pace, but battling on track would've been more fun :)
Tried to keep contact but in a matter of 4-5 laps they were too far away to be able to restart the battle. I had a little of hope when they started lapping the Mazdas, and I almost caught @hape and @JamKart22 but again, with free track they were too fast for me.
Only at the end, when I found a good rhythm I was able to slowly catch on @hape and when @Shed 17 and @thom462 got in contact at the Rivazza (starts to being boring..) I had the opportunity to gain a couple places and finish 8th overall.

All in all, in addition to being fun, a pretty solid performance if compared to my usual race, also in terms of consistency.

See you on track!

Sorry for knocking you off Han. I had a "kiss" from behind which meant I lost control. Am I supposed to wait in that situation or is the person that caused the initial incident supposed to wait for everyone?

They did wait for me but I'd be interested to know what to do in the case of a multi car incident.
Hi Colin

Now worries. I've looked at the replay and it wasn't your fault so you didn't have to wait for me. Just bad luck for me this time. It's all in the game and as I said, it brought me a very enjoyable race afterwards!

Really fun race for me, had a relatively good start and had the chance to pass @hape and Nielsen (couldn't find his nickname..) by the end of lap 1 due to their intense battle at Rivazza 1 and 2. Rohan managed to pass me on the straight but I could re-pass him at the Villeneuve (after having slightly touched his rear at the Tamburello chicane, sorry mate!).
Then due to an error of mine, it was time again for @hape and Nielsen to get their positions back at L3 at Rivazza (karma!). It would've happened anyway sooner or later because they had a better pace, but battling on track would've been more fun :)
Tried to keep contact but in a matter of 4-5 laps they were too far away to be able to restart the battle. I had a little of hope when they started lapping the Mazdas, and I almost caught @hape and @JamKart22 but again, with free track they were too fast for me.
Only at the end, when I found a good rhythm I was able to slowly catch on @hape and when @Shed 17 and @thom462 got in contact at the Rivazza (starts to being boring..) I had the opportunity to gain a couple places and finish 8th overall.

All in all, in addition to being fun, a pretty solid performance if compared to my usual race, also in terms of consistency.

See you on track!
Yes I saw an intense battle between 4 or 5 Audi's close together. Must have been fun!

Well that was certainly not boring for me! I got a poor start, Colin and Thomas went past and from then on all of us seemed to have some incident or problem as the places swapped around several times.
I had a couple of offs, the one at Villeneuve when I had just lapped Axel saw me go so far off the track I had to buy a ticket to get back in!!:D
Then on the last lap I caught Thomas out the last chicane and got a better run down to the Rivazza and got past, only for Thomas to try a late braking move up the inside that didn’t work, spinning both of us into the gravel. Thomas apologized and waited but the damage was done, but no hard feelings Thomas, we were close for most of the race and I still enjoyed the racing with you and Colin.
Well done to the podiums and many thanks Han for organizing.

Last edited:
Yea, that was me! I was on my fastest lap at that point and you kinda surprised with predictable results... Sorry about that Han!
No problem Casper. That's the way it is and you were right to proceed with your fastest lap! So really no need to say sorry.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%