AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Chang, Wednesday 16th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for organising @HF2000. I qualified fourth out of the Mazda's and had a good start off the line. Could stay away from trouble on turn 1 and build a 8 or so second lead on @PeyePete and @Douglas Aird. Stayed in 4th in class until Patrick blew his engine. Moved up to third and was a good 1 - 1,5 seconds slower than Carsten. So I could never close the gap and I raced alone all race. Towards the end of the race I slowed down slightly and Pete started lapping quicker and started catching me by a second every two laps, but I could still cross the line in 3rd with a comfortable lead. First podium in class with RD. Congrats to Han and Ernie for the wins. Thanks to everyone for the race.
Congratulations with your first podium, Richard:thumbsup:! You know about our rule that you have to buy all participants a beer now? Lucky for you the grid was far from full:D.

Last edited:
Thanks Han. I did not know about the rule but, I would be happy to. I am used to buying beer for people when playing golf and hitting horrible drives that don't make it past the ladies tee box :):roflmao:
I was just kidding, Richard. But It's nice to see the progress you're making!

I was just kidding, Richard. But It's nice to see the progress you're making!
Haha I wasn't actually sure :). Difficult to judge "tone of voice" on a text message :roflmao:.
Thanks for the kind words and I learn a lot from watching you guys and from people like Ernie who are willing to take a half our out of their day to help with general tips and setup tips etc.

Thanks again once more for organising Han and all chaps for the competitive race! :thumbsup:

Practice on saturday delivered (what I thought then) a comfortable setup with a tyre pressure that gave me a consistent pace (for the given temperatures with race fuel-load). Yet this did not translate in a similar pace on wednesday during practice, with similar conditions. Weird. I managed a decent qualifying by learning a better line from watching Ernie (thanks sir!). But I made the hasty decision of changing tyre pressures for the race. This gave me better pace at the beginning of the race, but at the cost of tyre life-span. With grip fading I would have lost my position to Doug have the race had a few laps more at the end.

I lost a place at the start but managed to stay with the pack for a bit. Catching up with Doug ahead. After a few laps I closed in and managed to get side-by-side at the long straight but got a tad too greedy at turn 2 trying to outbrake him... wheel turned but front tyres didn't and shot straight. Managed to recover and get back on track. Got spooked by passing traffic and couldn't avoid giving Dave a light punterino... and ruined both our progress. :redface: Sorry again for that amigo.

After that Dave took off... I managed to stay close for quite some laps but he had a better sector 2 so I couldn't quite close in. On the last third of the race tyres started fading and I focused on keeping Doug at a distance. Barely managed. The race felt a bit lonely but it was my own doing so, I'm taking my lessons from yesterday: stick to your setup... and practice outbraking till you get it right. ;)

I think this track suits multi-class. It's a bit of a Tilkedrome but pleasantly wide, easy to learn, hard to master. It's definitely a repeat for a race with a much larger grid. Hopefully you guys get that on the GT3 race... if the EuroCup allows it... :D Looking forward to the next multi-class race already!

Last edited:
Han, really liking this series you have going.
Last time I was online racing I was using TeamSpeak. How do I get Discord working in your races, just signed up and cant see anything obvious.

Han, really liking this series you have going.
Last time I was online racing I was using TeamSpeak. How do I get Discord working in your races, just signed up and cant see anything obvious.

Hi Pete, it's a bit complicated!

Download the app, install and register so you have a username using the same email as your RD/s.gp account.

Click on the RD discord link in the OP, under usefull links.

Half way there. You now have limited access.

At the top of all the discord channels click on #Read This First. Follow the instructions there to connect your RD/discord accounts to get full access including the voice channels.

If you're stuck let us know!

Last edited:
I at least found one reason to like Tielke tracks:

on the murderous long straights you can shift to fifth and than have a sip of coffee without hurry :sneaky:

And yes, we´re talking about coffee, even by Italian´s standarts;)

I´d really liked to castigate Ernie for his ONE mistake he made early on, but made too many myself.
( not to mention the fact that he was a lot quicker overall).

So after Pattikins technical DNF all I had to do was to drive P2 home and nobody will mention my (almost) spin in sector2:speechless:

My thanks to all, in the slightly hectic beginning everyone around me was respectfull and corteous, no contacts!! :thumbsup:

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Hi Pete, it's a bit complicated!

Download the app, install and register so you have a username using the same email as your RD/s.gp account.

Click on the RD discord link in the OP, under usefull links.

Half way there. You now have limited access.

At the top of all the discord channels click on #Read This First. Follow the instructions there to connect your RD/discord accounts to get full access including the voice channels.

If you're stuck let us know!
Thanks Brian,
I think I have it sorted. Will find out at the next race. Cheers.

Maybe this can help!
1623954515118.png

Last edited:
As i noticed later i may have been a bit "influencered" by the great Chris Haye:

But still, most things he says about " he who should be named" are true :rolleyes:

And thanks to all wise and powerfull Han the next track we race on is built by Lord Tielkemort as well.

( maybe i should shut up now before I get send to the silent corner:redface:)

MFG Carsten

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing