Thou shall not pass!!!
Welcome to the RD Racing Club. After a week of vacation we are back with our Audi's and Mazda's. Today we go to Thailand, to the Chang International Circuit. We cannot follow the F1 calendar this week as Paul Ricard is not yet available on S.GP. Both circuits have some nasty corners and relaxed straights. There is some similarity in that aspect. Chang has a lot of overtaking opportunities by getting close to your opponent in the turns and slipstreaming him on the straights.
So join us for another exciting race event and sign up here:
Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.
THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.
All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
- Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
- Track: Chang International Circuit
- Track Temps: 33C air/46C track
- Track Condition: Clear
- 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 10 minutes)
- 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification 20min (10min TT, 10min MX5)
- 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
- Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
- Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from a TT, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the TT by lifting on the straight, but you don't have to! The TT driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any TT. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.
- Practice Server: #04
- Race Server: SGP
- Backup RD server #05
- If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
- Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
- Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)
Incident reporting: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-incident-reporting.187534/
Recommended App: CrewChief(download here)
See you on track!