AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @Calabogie, Wednesday 28th July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Plenty of practice for this one so fairly confident of a decent race. Unfortunately only q5 and couldn't keep on the tail of Tim and Carsten so fell back into a lonely race.

Inherited p4 after Tim's fuel issue but didn't feel like I'd earned it.

I guess being 1 sec off the pace over a 125 sec lap means I'm within 99.2% of the top guys. I look at the onboards and I can't see where to find it!

I was running a wing of -2 - what were others using?

I'm curious how P2P works. Just looks like it moves the max revs that are allowed for every gear. So if your not trashing a particular gear then you get no benefit.

So using it on the long "rocky road" straight I found that being in 6th meant I didn't seem to get any benefit as it didn't hit the limit.

Is this the way it works or have I got it wrong?

Where was the best place to use it on this circuit?

Sorry for holding you up Han. I don't know why you didn't draft off me + P2P in the long straight. The funny line I took at the end was for you to use the outside to pass me. All things considered my race went much worse than yours though. I had a horrible race, and felt bad the whole time, so that was probably in my head as well. I hope I didn't ruin your race.
Hi Frank,

You had just in front of me problems in T2/T3 which forced me to go off my raceline. Therefore I had a bad exit on the long straight and I could only catch up with you there. Then in the double right handler after the straight you took an outside line probably to let me pass but to me it looked like you were going for a late turn in. Ruining my race are heavy words but after that the gap to Ernie was too big so that was a pity.

Please next time you get a blue flag, help the faster car pass on a straight (by lifting) and stay on the raceline in a corner. Be predictable is the key. For the guy behind it's not clear what your intention is when you take a different line in a turn. It could be a mistake or just a go for a late turn in. Seeing you race position, it didn't matter if you had lifted on the straight to let me pass. The time you would have lost was not important for the race and it would have been so much safer.

Hope you feel better now and see you on track!

Plenty of practice for this one so fairly confident of a decent race. Unfortunately only q5 and couldn't keep on the tail of Tim and Carsten so fell back into a lonely race.

I guess being 1 sec off the pace over a 125 sec lap means I'm within 99.2% of the top guys. I look at the onboards and I can't see where to find it!

I took whatever comes as stock so I think maybe 5 degrees, thats what it normally seems to be. Still don't really touch setup yet other than tyre pressures. I don't have the knowledge to know what to change and whenever I have, its usually made things worse. I have been studying it but failed to use anything I have learnt to any real effect so far. It feels like the next step in progression I need to make..

Perhaps that is where your extra second will come from? You were pretty on pace with me in practise so guessing you had a tinker with things and maybe slowed yourself down?

I'm curious how P2P works. Just looks like it moves the max revs that are allowed for every gear. So if your not trashing a particular gear then you get no benefit.

So using it on the long "rocky road" straight I found that being in 6th meant I didn't seem to get any benefit as it didn't hit the limit.

Is this the way it works or have I got it wrong?

Where was the best place to use it on this circuit?
In the description it says that it give you 30hp extra for a short time by boosting the turbo. I used it on the long straight from 4th to 6th. Without P2P I stayed in 5th there.

Thanks everyone for racing tonight! I hope you had fun.
Congrats to the podium.
I haven't decided yet which track for next week. Any wishes? Short/long? Easy/challenging?
Han, I like more multiclass mixups so personally I like a short track for these. Only saw the mazdas briefly last night. Although I did get a good luck at them all come past again while parked on the grass. :roflmao:

When you can't see it on the onboard, it's probably simple just braking a bit later and go earlier on the trottle but that's hard to see in a replay. With these cars it makes the difference on the straight, I guess. I think my wing was 0 but I use the same setup for every track. I can't find improvements by changing it so I'll go for habituation.
But it's hard on this track to constantly hit the apex in every turn. I've done so many different lines in Temptation because you need to start the turn while you're braking. And it's partly blind for me with single screen.

Sorry for holding you up Han. I don't know why you didn't draft off me + P2P in the long straight. The funny line I took at the end was for you to use the outside to pass me. All things considered my race went much worse than yours though. I had a horrible race, and felt bad the whole time, so that was probably in my head as well. I hope I didn't ruin your race.
No need to feel bad Frank, each race will make you improve in some way. Its all experience.

Lift for the blue flags, tuck in safely behind and try and keep with them for as long as you can. You learn a lot about why and where they are faster.

Han, I like more multiclass mixups so personally I like a short track for these. Only saw the mazdas briefly last night. Although I did get a good luck at them all come past again while parked on the grass. :roflmao:
Good to know that you like the dynamics that a multiclass race offers. Talking about that and to manage you're expectations: the tracks in the FAT ALFIE Championship will not have that dynamics (maybe the first two a bit). That's why I added some other challenges like the dynamics track conditions, race duration and mandatory pitstop. But basically this championship is dual monoclass :p .

Good to know that you like the dynamics that a multiclass race offers. Talking about that and to manage you're expectations: the tracks in the FAT ALFIE Championship will not have that dynamics (maybe the first two a bit). That's why I added some other challenges like the dynamics track conditions, race duration and mandatory pitstop. But basically this championship is dual monoclass :p
Can't wait! only wondering now if I should take the Audi instead of the Mazda... :unsure:

These races @HF2000 is putting on are Fantasic,they really are...
Qualified 1st,with my 2 nemisis @Douglas Aird and @a_murel 2nd and 3rd respectively...
We were off into first corner nearly hitting them Fat Audis:rolleyes::laugh:..Think Douglas did,nt defend his line letting Andre thru and off we went..Started pulling away, few laps later...What happened....Rookie mistake looked in rear view mirror coming upto a corner....and.....yep,slight off track,car goes into a spin and as i start to straighten up Andre goes past grinning from ear to ear :D:laugh:,then followed by Douglas head down shaking head side to side :roflmao::roflmao:..Kept third position so the race was now on..Andre had a 12 sec lead,so was doubtful i could reach him..but you never know,so i was fixed on Douglas,closing lap after lap Douglas was off,i think he just ran a tad wide,wheel on the grass and your off...So now im going past Douglas...Yes i will admit right hear and now,my tongue was out :laugh::laugh:,so im in 2nd to the end of the race...
Well done @a_murel for his first win :thumbsup: bit of hard luck Douglas losing second place...but that racing as i also found out..
Looking forward to next week already..until then stay safe guys,see you soon

Just to add to the already very well put by one and all.
I practice for not more than 1 hour for each race, any more and it becomes counter-productive for me. (that excludes circuits like Silverstone, brands hatch, circuits I know well, just a few reminder laps )
My main aim is two things, lap consistently ( very important ) and I then start to look for the car's behaviour and if it is doing anything erratically, I do setups to correct that particular effect.
In the race and practice is where I start to look for speed.

Blue flag, if Chris is catching me, and this applies to all I am sure, the first thing I do is look to see his battle, has he a comfortable lead, if it is yes, then my attitude goes into my race.
If I am trying to catch someone for a good placing then I focus on that and reflect my decision onto Chris's race.
There have been a few occasions when I have totally ignored the blue flag.
But if I am in no man's land, I make it very obvious I am going to slow for the blue flag, exactly the same if the blue flag is in a close battle with someone else, his race then always trumps mine.

Frank, you should have known Han was hunting me down ( very Toto Wolf Mercedes ) :rolleyes: , you were not in any battle, no man's land, you should have got well out of the way immediately. Han was looking for tenths and did not want to give away seconds.

Racing is not just about whizzing around a track, there is a lot of pre-knowledge and strategies involved at everyone's level, always jammed packed with drama, both good and bad. It is your job to create strategies to deal with as many as you can. some races go well some do not.
That outcome you never know until that chequered thing finally drops.

I have spent most of my life in sport, I pretty much know all the psychology involved with this and most sports. ( and there is a lot going on ). A friend of mine once said being better than someone is just luck, a 100% luck. if you can get a 100% from your ability, and the champion gets a 100% from his, you are equal.

My main aim is to go as fast as this old body will allow me, that's it, I just see the Reiks and Chris's of this world as markers of my successes in achieving that.

The fact about life is if your passion is the high jump and you are 1 meter tall, gold at the Olympics is definitely going to be a bridge too far. But that does not stop you from trying to beat the best 1 meter tall high jump champion.

I seem to have a passion for waffling on and on and on.:D:D:D

so i was fixed on Douglas,closing lap after lap Douglas was off,i think he just ran a tad wide,wheel on the grass and your off...So now im going past Douglas...Yes i will admit right hear and now,my tongue was out :laugh::laugh:,so im in 2nd to the end of the race
I admit I had a wee smile when I got the unexpected gift of second from you. I think I had about 7 seconds gap after your spin and I was trying to avoid a mistake myself to try to hold on. But then I nearly caught Andre and pushed a bit too hard with p1 in my sights, just as the tyres started to fade a bit. After that it was a case of holding on for the podium.

Great racing with you and the rest. I am learning with every race, which is the main point. I am a lot faster and more consistent than a few months ago so can hopefully keep up the challenge.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back