Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Because we don't have a Hungaroring mod for Assetto Corsa, we can't follow the F1 this week. As a substitute we're going to Canada to a very nice track that has some of the characteristics of the circuit in Hungary. Calabogie is a bit longer but it has I a great mix of all types of corners, with enough variation in radius and elevation change to make it tricky to master, like the Hungaroring. And here are also some corners where the MX5 is at least as fast as the Audi and that makes the event even more fun as we have seen before.

So join us for another great race and:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3 and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Calabogie06.de141cbce9affe2a2c62fd2aa4b4555b.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (10 min TT, 10 min MX5)
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST (19:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from a TT, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the TT by lifting on the straight, but you don't have to! The TT driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any TT. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Event details:
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Calabogie Motorsports, Canada
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 26C air/36C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

So Han,

you found another obscure track only Chris Haye fans have ever heard of??

I´m in,

MFG Carsten
Well the Audi's can overtake the Mazda's almost everywhere because the track is very wide but they can be surprised by the cornering speed of a MX5 on the raceline. I think it can be a very interesting race with a decently filled grid.

Last edited:
Another new track for me. Looks like there are a LOT of corners to learn.

I'll need to decide what car to go with this time, should really be the Audi this time...

Pity Raul can't race this one, he studied in Canada if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
And my money was on us going to Okayama! I haver never heard of Calabogie before so another new track to learn and so many corners. :confused:

I'll switch to the Mazda for this one.

Just gave it a little spin today. Will be in with the TT if my schedule allows it.
Would be interesting to see if and how the TTs overtaking the MX5s. As Han mentioned the corner speeds are very close.

Question about time. The event says: Wed, 28 Jul 2:00 PM (18:00 UTC.) When I punch this into a converter I get 13:00 EST. Is this correct? I've missed a few events by mixing up the times.

I managed a bit of practice last night.

Limited time for more laps before Wednesday as work is really busy so I am hoping I have got down to a reasonable time to be competitive. I would love to be challenging for the podium this time rather than be p4 or lower.

Great choice of track, Han, I enjoy the flow of it. Going to be interesting to see how much the field spreads out as some could have a lonely race.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back